1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
When I'm writing, whether it be a prompt, a reply for an RP or an actual story, I tend to start by watching a clip of an anime (usually its Dragon Ball, not gonna lie), grabbing some snacks, turning on some dope tunes to set the mood and get to typing!

With all that said, I find myself writing two to three different things at once. I'll often write three posts for three different roleplays at the same time, and I find myself stopping lots to reply to any chatting I'm taking part in. So my question to you fine people is this: What are your habits when writing?

Do you prefer total silence? Do you disregard everything else in existence but your writing? Or do you find yourself multitasking?

As a side note, what's your favorite snack or drink to consume while writing? I myself enjoy a cup of tea and some cookies!

Let's see. . . YouTube in the background is a must, I always tend to chat on Discord (and YouTube is a big distraction xD) I like to get a cup of tea or something to drink so I can focus xD <3

And favorite snack has to be candy =3= The candy that doesn't leave anything on your fingers, so I can type without having to worry xD <3

It's really random. Sometimes I like music, sometimes I'm chatting while typing at the same time (it is good fun amazing people with this ability of mine to hold full conversations and write at the same time lol), other days I want n o t h i n g but my screen and my thoughts. It depends on the day, the genre and what device I'm using. When on my laptop I can do the aforementioned easier. When on my phone I need a little more focus and less distraction, but then it also usually means I'm travelling and that in itself can be quite a distraction...

I generally write in the rare quiet moments (mostly at night, though sometimes all my discord servers are quiet for once). I generally bring some kind of food, but tend to forget completely about it until after I'm done or I get too hungry to not notice. I also like to have a soda or water by me. Before this, though, I write outlines first that detail the basic actions I want to cover in my post.

Sometimes I'll have a video or stream on while I'm writing, but if I'm really concentrating I'll probably end up turning it off. If I do have mood music for what I'm writing I'll usually listen to it before starting on my post and sometimes while writing depend on what the music is. Normally I just type directly into a Notepad window and check spelling later.

Usually the first two things I do are shut off Discord, and find some music that suits what I'm writing in some way. After that I focus pretty hard on beating out a first draft, do some line editing, then let it sit for a while before coming back to polish up a final draft. I can switch to other things if I get stuck, but for the most part I can't multitask without falling down a rabbit hole of no return XD Coffee is definitely my one and only writing consumable.

I write around 11pm and 12 am when my muse is on fire. Total silencio. >:D

sitting at my keyboard picking my nose until my brain decides to cooperate

in all seriousness, I basically need some kind of music to write productively. I have many playlists for each of my characters/role-plays to help me get in the zone.

Whenever the mood hits me, really. I guess I could say I'm adaptable when it comes to writing. Sometimes I like music, sometimes I don't, sometimes a bit of ambient noise (like the cars outside) is soothing enough to get me writing. The only habit that hasn't changed ever is my need to have my dog nearby. Because of course.

Have a cookie :cookie:.

I come from a background in ChaRP, so I like to write 'on my feet'. I just blurb on the page and try to get a flow going. I hate to stop and start and noise doesn't help. I like to listen to atmospheric music that would suit the scene so I can picture it like a movie.

I write with some music on. The beverage is usually tea or water. If I eat it's probably my meal. Sadly long gone are the days of writing in a notebook but I hate retyping. I can't write with someone looking over my shoulder. It bugs me.

I can't write with someone looking over my shoulder. It bugs me.
Same. I can't write in public places for this reason.

Reactions: Spekkun and Shiri
I can't write with someone looking over my shoulder. It bugs me.

Same. I can't write in public places for this reason.

Well as you know Joan, I like to read my stuff out loud after its finished and also during the writing process, so being in public can make that quite cumbersome xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Joan and Draugvan
I have dedicated playlists for each RP I'm doing. Usually it has a collection of songs related to the character, moods and beats associated with the general mood of the plot, and they're spread across different genres. I also use a distraction-free writing program, which has the option to make keyboard sound effects. Hearing a very pronounced typewriter sound effect helps get my brain going, especially with flow and stuff like that. If I'm on a learning curve with a new writing style, the playlists are turned off and I end up talking to myself while typing.

I lay out on my bed, shuffle through a song I think will set my mood, and write nothing more. I will usually take a break after a while to get something to eat or drink but not often.

I need my music. CloZee especially, more often than not I will listen to her music whilst writing. If not her, then it's usually some other tribal/trap edm.

I'll be honest, it's generally just me sitting in front of a PC with an empty word document open as I weep quietly.
This, pretty much, except I generally write it then scream because it just feel bland to me. /sigh

• Love
Reactions: Spekkun
Sometimes I like to listen to music, but one thing I know for sure is that I talk to myself. A lot. So much. I am a weirdo. I talk to myself even before I write, sort of acting out what I write at times xD And I giggle a lot even when it's not at all funny.

You would think I'm a madwoman if you saw me! I mean, I'm giggling even writing this.