What are your pet peeves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't you prefer it if the afflicted stayed at home, instead of coming in to the office and giving everyone their cold? Don't get me wrong, I know it's a pain in the arse, but I *wish* my co-workers would take a day or two off when they have colds, instead of coming into work and infecting me.

Oh, hey there, unintentional pet peeve.
I guess my case is unusual as we tend to work alone per office so if someone calls in that means that store is completely fucked and there is a mad scramble to find someone to go work it. Also if you get a flu or cold you know you're getting sick so you can at least plan coverage a day ahead and not call in unexpectedly that very morning. That being said I completely understand hating when people come to work sick. I feel this peeve has been overexplained and my situation is outside the norm.

...I'll limit myself to five.
  • Triple standards have somehow become a Thing in our house and it drives me up the wall.
  • Cyclists who don't sign properly.
  • Motorists who treat cyclists like the bane of all roads, ever.
  • Autoplay. I wonder if folks realize how inaccessible it makes things.
  • People who just openly stare at "weird" people in public. Even worse if they rubberneck for it.

People not following the guidelines/rules of a website. I'll leave it at that.

When people use dishwashers and leaf-blowers instead of doing the work by hand. These are machines designed for inefficiency.
Kids. Children. Toddlers. Babies, call them whatever you want, I hate their manners and their ear-piercing screeches. Smug pregnant women. I cannot shop without hearing something from one of these people, or getting stopped up in an aisle for minutes at a time.
Parents who coddle their children's or pets bad habits and let the television play the role of babysitter.
People who complain about patronizers and criticizers; practice what you preach.
Tumblr.
Abuse of power by self-entitled authority figures.
People that don't understand the basics of common courtesy in role-playing.
People in winter jackets when it's seventy five degrees outside.
People who have no concept of personal space, and stand close enough to you that they rub up against you when they waver. This is unacceptable, even in crowds.
Bikes not using bike lanes. Bikes not using hand signals to inform you when they're turning.
Cars that don't use turn signals.
Hi-beams at four in the morning in my rear view mirror.
Micro-managers, particularly ones that have neither seniority or rank over me.

Reactions: Dervish
Can I just sit down and take the time to rant about how much I hate it when people message you about roleplay when you say you aren't taking RP invites? People may respond and join regardless, if it's something they find particularly interesting, but if I say "Not taking RP invites at this time", I'M NOT TAKING RP INVITES AT THIS TIME. Whew... Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. Adieu for now~ *^*

Another thing; People telling me how I should convey or imply something to get more clarification on telling them straight up I don't want to do this or that. I hate it. If I say something and you don't understand, there's nothing wrong with asking for confirmation on what I said instead of telling me to practically change my personality by telling them straight up I don't want to do this or that. Really, it's not that hard to ask questions concerning communication...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hope
No one comes here anymore except me lol

Pet peeve: I bump a thread; someone bumps MY thread five minutes after... DUDE. I just bumped it. I don't need it to be bumped again.

My pet peeves are rather strange. I hate when people shorten my kids' names. My oldest daughter's name is Jenna, and after she was born my father in law kept calling her Jen. It got on my nerves so much that I refused to take her over there. I also get annoyed when people use the nicknames that we give our kids. Weird, I know, but I feel like no one else is as close to them as my husband and I are, and they don't have the right to adopt the nicknames that we've given them.

Other than that, I don't have any that I can think of. o.O

People who read the "G" in a word with "kh" or "gh" inflection. (e.g. your 'elegant' sounded like 'eleghant')

People who read the "G" in a word with "kh" or "gh" inflection. (e.g. your 'elegant' sounded like 'eleghant')
i'm thinkingh you'd be sour should i continue to be likingh typingh like this. its not a very eleghant way of speakingh or communicghatingh, but nevertheless amusingh to me

i'm thinkingh you'd be sour should i continue to be likingh typingh like this. its not a very eleghant way of speakingh or communicghatingh, but nevertheless amusingh to me
Sadly for you, I'm perfectly capable of filtering it visually. It's the verbal tone that miffed me.
You still get a catlike typing though, since it does look like cat typed that.

Sadly for you, I'm perfectly capable of filtering it visually. It's the verbal tone that miffed me.
You still get a catlike typing though, since it does look like cat typed that.
ghood thingh i like cats

People who type like cats.

Really makes me sour.

(Just kidding ; w ; )

Low raspy voices. Especially in combination with black clothes, a mask, and a cape.

Oh and god forbid they have a lair...

Reactions: Razilin
Status
Not open for further replies.