What are your pet peeves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who seek to explain to me--the person who has a mentally unstable mother and best friend--how depression and the like are "just in their head".

No. No you don't get to decide with your vast wealth of knowledge as a fucking viewer of Fox News what is and isn't real. Psychologists do. Trained professionals do, who spend years in post-secondary, do. And they unanimously disagree with you. So fuck off and leave my family alone, they have enough to deal with in their heads already without those types of people filling their heads with complete nonsense.

*Straightens tie*

I dislike ties. Whoever invented the need to purchase a piece of cloth for my neck and make that part of the dress uniform can bugger off. :yell:

Here's a new one...

Mothers with prams

I don't care if you managed to let a guy get inside you, carry his seed for nine months and then pop it out at the right time. You do not have the right to hog an entire aisle in the supermarket, simply because you have both a pram and a trolley. Show some respect for other people.

Also: People that park in disabled spaces and aren't disabled.

I could probably just put "everyone in the supermarket that isn't me", really. I loathe supermarket shopping, but only because of the other people in the supermarket. The whole "buying food" part is fine.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
People who don't tell you if they have a problem with you, but talk to everybody else about it. Drives me nuts. If I don't like what someone is doing and it has to do with me I tell them. They go their way and I go mine. Easy Peasy.

• Love
People who don't tell you if they have a problem with you, but talk to everybody else about it. Drives me nuts. If I don't like what someone is doing and it has to do with me I tell them. They go their way and I go mine. Easy Peasy.
Right, You have a problem with me you come to me. Those other people don't matter because I'm the only one that can help your issue.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I have an issue with people when their idea of "helping" with a project or job, is hover over you, telling you your doing it wrong and tellling you how they would do it.

Reactions: Hope
See when people cry I try to comfort them....but then there are those people that cry over EVERYTHING. That, I cannot stand. Because I give up on trying to help them.

Reactions: Dioxyne
People...we are perfectly imperfect...or maybe imperfectly perfect...either way we are flawed and that causes a lot of issues...

People...we are perfectly imperfect...or maybe imperfectly perfect...either way we are flawed and that causes a lot of issues...
The flaws aren't a problem.

It's the people that don't think they have any that cause problems.

Reactions: Hope and idlehands
Here's a new one...
Mothers with prams
I don't care if you managed to let a guy get inside you, carry his seed for nine months and then pop it out at the right time. You do not have the right to hog an entire aisle in the supermarket, simply because you have both a pram and a trolley. Show some respect for other people.
Also: People that park in disabled spaces and aren't disabled.
I could probably just put "everyone in the supermarket that isn't me", really. I loathe supermarket shopping, but only because of the other people in the supermarket. The whole "buying food" part is fine.
You are quickly becoming my favorite native.

Add in the person with the checkbook and stack of coupons they didn't bother to sort or check if they're expired. Of course I got into line behind them. Fml

Yes we were all imperfect. There is no doubt about that. There are plenty of things I'm sure I do to peeve people. This thread, however, is to rant about those things, and get it off our chests.

Yes we were all imperfect. There is no doubt about that. There are plenty of things I'm sure I do to peeve people. This thread, however, is to rant about those things, and get it off our chests.
Which is why I said "people". To be blunt, I find people in general as my pet peeve. Everyday I'm seeing something, large or small, that's just part of human nature (or specific to certain types of people) that bothers me. It would take me quite awhile to list every single thing that is a peeve of mine, so to make it short and sweet I merely just said "people".

Which is why I said "people". To be blunt, I find people in general as my pet peeve. Everyday I'm seeing something, large or small, that's just part of human nature (or specific to certain types of people) that bothers me. It would take me quite awhile to list every single thing that is a peeve of mine, so to make it short and sweet I merely just said "people".

Ah, I see now. ^^; I misread. My apologies.

(I am drunk, so excuse spelling errors if I fail to catch them.)

I will not understand drunk people that drink more to escape pain. Alcohol is a depressant. It makes you feel shittier, not better. Besides that, it's poison, and it's addictive, and if you're not emotionally handling shit well, putting a poison in your body that screws up your nervous system, and blows away brain cells and your liver faster than a terrorist in the white house, isn't going to help you.

Sheesh. People should just drink to add a spice to life, not drown it.

Now if you will excuse me, I must detox. Hughhh~

Finally! An chance to dole out a "Go Home, You're Drunk!" and have it be vaguely accurate!

A new peeve for today: People that dump work on you five minutes before you leave, and then call you five minutes after you start the next day to see if it's done yet. I don't work a night shift! I work the same hours as you...

You are quickly becoming my favorite native.

I have a lot of peeves. Being disgruntled isn't just a part of my name. (;

• Love
A new peeve for today: People that dump work on you five minutes before you leave, and then call you five minutes after you start the next day to see if it's done yet. I don't work a night shift! I work the same hours as you...
I have a lot of peeves. Being disgruntled isn't just a part of my name. (;
That sucks, I also hate when they change the schedule at the last minute and you end up having to go all the way across town to another location on short notice. I hate people that call in unless they're holding their own intestines in the ER.

I hate people that call in unless they're holding their own intestines in the ER.

I've worked with food for most of my career, and I was always really put off when my coworkers came in sick. I'd much rather people remain home and get healthy, even for minor colds and such, then come in and touch food and spread germs.

1. When people sing/dance while they eat
  2. People who stare at me without saying anything
  3. Being touched on the neck/shoulder or upper arm.
  4. People who crush bottles while drinking

I've worked with food for most of my career, and I was always really put off when my coworkers came in sick. I'd much rather people remain home and get healthy, even for minor colds and such, then come in and touch food and spread germs.
I don't work with food, but I see your point. I work at offices that are usually single or maybe dual coverage so if someone calls in, it affects everyone and usually results in someone being called in on their off day or having to drive to the affected location.

I don't work with food, but I see your point. I work at offices that are usually single or maybe dual coverage so if someone calls in, it affects everyone and usually results in someone being called in on their off day or having to drive to the affected location.
Wouldn't you prefer it if the afflicted stayed at home, instead of coming in to the office and giving everyone their cold? Don't get me wrong, I know it's a pain in the arse, but I *wish* my co-workers would take a day or two off when they have colds, instead of coming into work and infecting me.

Oh, hey there, unintentional pet peeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.