What are your opinions on aquarium mermaid shows? #MERMAY

Mermaid shows, yay or nay?

• Nay! Creeps me out/seems dangerous/I'm not interested!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PavellumPendulum

oh, to be seen as the poet, not just the muse
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
To kick off Mermay, I've got a question for y'all!

I've actually never seen one in person, but I remember seeing videos of aquarium mermaids when I was younger and going absolutely bonkers. These people are crazy talented, holding their breath for insane amounts of time and trying to embody the grace and beauty of mermaids for dazzled children. I am still genuinely impressed by these, even though they kind of freak me out (I always worry about the performers drowning ><)

Here's a video, if y'all have never seen one :O

So what do y'all think?

• Love
Reactions: Nemopedia
I'm all for them. Especially since I mermaid.

Yes. This is me.

I had no idea this art form existed. DOPE AF. 🧜‍♂️💕

Also gives me really cool ideas for roleplays, thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Nemopedia and XIII
@Fluffy

This is Raven. She is my favorite tailmaker/mermaid ever. I've been following her for YEARS. and I would literally kill for one of her tails.

335088499_919212252845284_2616184644246771259_n.jpg

I've always thought they were so cool! I know from watching some videos about it, that it takes a lot of work to develop the talent to be able to swim with a tail and do performances underwater like that. And, in most cases, the pay isn't great, so it's people who have a true passion who are the ones doing it. I always thought it would be cool to see a show live or take some classes.

• Love
Reactions: Nemopedia and XIII
It honestly looks so cool and pretty and I always wonder how they keep their hair so nice and in place in the water because mine never does that when it gets touched by water.

They're so cool! I love watching videos of them, I think it would take so much skill to be able to do that. I'm also a horrible swimmer so I am especially impressed.

They look so pretty to watch I've always wanted to see one! Plus I'm a bit envious of the ones doing the show 😂 just looks like alot of fun though I do understand after awhile of doing it it's probably less fun for them 😂 but I hope they're enjoying living out some children's childhood dreams to be mermaids at least in some capacity

I think they're neat. I'd never heard of them before I saw my first one a few years back. It was a small tank (relatively) above a bar which made it all the more impressive (this wasn't even a crazy fancy bar -- I don't know why they were that extra). I remember my friend talking about how much she wanted that job. They're a lot more impressive irl than watching videos of them, in my opinion.

I have never seen one myself, but boy would I love to! It must be so challenging learning to swim in a tail like that and, oof, holding your breath for such lengths? I could never do it and I am infinitely impressed at anyone who can.
So lovely <3

I didn't even know these types of shows existed until now! I can only imagine the training and Hardwork that goes into.these shows. They look cool! I'd love to see more, I don't see them advertised in a lot of aquariums tbh

Heya, Netflix has a show called MerPeople online now which focusses on the behind the scenes of mermaid shows! I watched the first episode already and enjoyed it!

I haven't seen them, but I definitely want to see one irl.
But MerPeople is interesting~