What Are You Watching?

Binge Watch?

• Yes, only one show at a time.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Yes, but I also watch a few other shows as well.

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No, I watch a bit of everything.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am rewatching season 3 part 2 of Teen Wolf for the hundredth time because I can... Also the Nogitsune is beautiful •.•

I am not really watching anything right now..need to find a new show.

I just finished DRAMAtical Murders. It was only thirteen episodes so finished that in a day, although I greatly regret watching the OVA.

In the past I have binge watched some anime, Gotham (season two was lacking in Zsasz..I demand more of him!), Supernatural, and Criminal Minds.

I started watching Once Upon a Time on Netfilx and currently on season four, quite addicted to this show.

For me there's always the main show (currently Game of Thrones) and other shows I watch in the meanwhile when there are no new episodes, once the main show is over another of the ones I am watching will take it's place XD

Currently I follow:
Game of Thrones
The Strain
Grimm
The Leftovers

Game of Thrones for me, too. I prefer being caught up with a show...I'm less likely to binge when I shouldn't, because, well, there are no more episodes to watch.

Other than that, I'm ever so slowly crawling through Breaking Bad. Just finished Halt + Catch Fire season 2...in one day...but I don't know if that show is worth it. Mr Robot I'm watching with friends...like...in person...so they insist we can't move ahead unless all six of us get together. It's been awhile.

Sort of on hold is Vikings and unfortunately I can't watch House of Cards until I get back to the States. I suppose I could find a way to wriggle around that, but when perfect Netflix quality is waiting, the effort seems not worthwhile.

My go-to was always Scrubs, a twenty minute episode good for any odd free time that I'd already seen so I didn't have to worry about missing anything, but they took it off Netflix. ):

GameGrumps :P

Game of Thrones, The Strain, The Flash, Penny Dreadful, Banshee and expecting to see/add Outcast, Preacher and Wayward Pines

One Piece... the fun never stops... ever.

One Piece... the fun never stops... ever.
Yes, me as well; did you see last night's episode? Best thing that's come out of that show in a long time, in my opinion. :)

Reactions: Winter
Yes, me as well; did you see last night's episode? Best thing that's come out of that show in a long time, in my opinion. :)

Not yet, I'm still catching up :)

For the longest time I haven't been watching anything with any frequency, til a few days ago...

Started watching Japanese baseball on tv, following the Yakult Swallows (girlfriend's favourite team)

I started watching a show called "the Magicians" this weekend.
It's quite good - HP fans must watch!

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
I recently started watching Black Sails. It's awesome! I would binge watch if I could.

The only currently running show I'm watching is Game of thrones. However, there is a long list of shows that I'm "watching" as in waiting for the new seasons to come out.

True Detective (if there is a season 3?)

Sense 8

American Horror story

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

Man in the high castle (Amazon prime tv)

Marco Polo (netflix)

I'm sure there are a couple I'm forgetting.

I want to see this. I saw the preview, it looks good. I think it is on Starz right?
Yeah! :D I was suggested to watch it by a friend and if you're a fan of Treasure Island, you're sure going to like it. (As long as nudity doesn't bother you much)

The opening theme is super awesome too *_*

Reactions: Abnormalize
Some program called Animal Kingdom, I am still not entirely sold on it yet.

1. Cosmos (Original)
  2. First 4 Seasons of Game of Thrones (48 hours of awesome)
  3. Breaking Bad
  4. Fate Zero
  5. Death Note
  6. Firefly
  7. Doctor Who (9th-11th)
  8. Code Geass
  9. Steins Gate
  10. Attack on Titan
  11. Durarara
  12. Better Call Saul
  13. Daredevil
  14. Jessica Jones
  15. Gate
  16. Log Horizon
  17. Madoka Magica
  18. NHK
  19. Shiki
  20. Sword Art Online first 2 Seasons (Pure Torture)
Note: I define binge as watching through a show consistently, as in no breaks taken other than eating and sleeping.

Binging is a common hobby of mine. :3
There are some shows I'll watch periodically though for certain reasons.

For example, Peter Capaldi Doctor Who, Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Bladeworks and the last two Seasons of Game of Thrones because if I don't, friends will either spoil stuff or consistently nag me until I do catch up.
And then there's shows like Clannad, Spaced and IT Crowd which was something I solely watched with friends, so it had to be paced to when everyone was available and would end the second any one person in the group lost the stamina to continue.
Also there's still like Cosmos (New), where I just happened to be getting into it right when it started.

That being said, I find pro's and con's to both approaches.

Binging
+Total Immersion
+More relaxing/luxurious
-Some details get lost

Periodically
+Easier to remember details
+Constant discussion with friends get's more thoughts flowing, which helps with excitement and memory
-Not nearly long enough to get immersed

Status
Not open for further replies.