What are you waiting for? [p w/ Riise]

K

Kozuru

Original poster
The walls were a bleak colour that made life at home constantly feel like a prison and with the size of the house, the bleak walls were endless. Yet deep underground was a door; a large, ominous, dark coloured door. Anyone who worked at the house was told to never go near the door and the only ones who were allowed near it were the members of the house. The Vessalius family, one of the 5 great dukedoms, had one of the 5 doors buried deep underground. THe other four doors belonged to the Nightrays, the Rainsworths, the Barmas and the baskervilles. Each door was an entrance to the abyss, and a place that stored the black winged chains. These five chains were of the strongest chains, the only one being stronger is the B-Rabbit.

In the Vessalius manor sat two of the six greatest chains. Gryphon and the B-Rabbit, but one had an unusual form. The B-Rabbit took the form of a 25 year old man, finely chiseled features, shart green eyes, and soft blonde hair. He stood at a height of 6'2" which was only 2 inches taller than the heir to Nightray. Oz Vessalius was the heir to Vessalius, but he was in fact the immortal being known as the B-Rabbit, held in contract to Duke Vessalius' niece Brooke. The two were bonded together at a young age and Oz grew up at the same rate a human did, with her every step of the way.

EVen though the two were close, Oz Vessalius chose to remain close with his contractor and cousin's fiance from birth, Gilbert Nightray or Raven. They were best friends and he loathed the fact that his best friend and cousin were engaged and hated each other. Constantly, he would meddle to get them together to try and be friends but every effort was a failure. Considering his sister would always run in.

All the while, the blonde male still enjoyed teasing the staff of the Vessalius manor, especially the daughter of one of the maid's. She was quite a bit shorter than he was, but she looked so beautiful. Her blue eyes sharply contrasted with her blonde, almost brown hair that could never be tamed. He couldn't accurately remember her name, it started with a K, but nonetheless she was fun.

Currently, he was in the ballroom, preparing for the masquerade dance his family was holding. All members from the dukedoms, as well as other nobles who held less power would be attending. It was his final effort to connect Gilbert and his cousin, who was standing nearby. She was the type of girl who ditched the dresses and wore riding clothes most of the day, even though she never rode horses. Next to her was the maid, the pretty one with the curly hair. The two seemed to get along well, even if master and servant.

"Say, Kayla.."Brooke, the 22 year old Vessalius glanced at her friend with a pleading look. "Will you take my place at the ball? No one will know the difference if you straighten your hair. Plus you'd get to dance with a Nightray." She pleaded to her friend. Brooke hated balls, the fancy dresses, the make up. Sure it was fun every once and a while but she was getting married to someone she hated in less than a year and the last thing she wanted to do was be around him more than she needed to be.

Kayla had been born into a family of maids, destined to live a life serving to a single master, attending to every small wish and concern. The female had grown up in this way, now living her young adult years doing the same thing. Her mother had lived her life serving the same life, Kayla herself being born as an only child, being alone most of her life after her mother left to join a community in heaven.

Currently standing in the large room, soon to be filled full of guests, the young woman lifted her gaze towards her friend that spoke to her, yes she had managed to make a friend alongside her job, a cousin of her master. The simple movement causing the white and golden trimmed dress to shift slightly, her pale, delicate hands remaining folded in front of her.
"I'm afraid I cannot do that, Miss Brooke." the shorter of the two spoke, her voice soft and perhaps almost frail to be said simply.
"Must I remind you that my sole purpose is to serve your cousin, perhaps if I was to serve you instead, things could have turned out differently." she pointed out, finding that she had to repeat herself quite a few times about how her life as a maid was more in control then maintaining a friendship, despite the happiness it brought her.

Unlike the one standing beside her, Kayla loved fancy things, frilly dresses and trimmings, wonderfully done hair, and especially the thought of being able to dance, but they were simple fantasies.

"I believe your betrothed is to be arriving soon, I do advise you change into your gown, it's quite flattering" she replied after a few seconds of silence, reminding herself of the lovely sewn blue and white gown, selfishly picturing herself in the fabric, a rose dusting covering her pale skin as the thoughts consumed her, leading her to fall back into silence.

One of the very first to arrive into the Vessalius manor was none other than one half of why this dance was being held, Gilbert Nightray, his tall, well-built man being accompanied by a servant of his own, being told that he couldn't simply go by himself, though he didn't really argue, the sour mood already settling in. A forced marriage with a woman he despised despite barely knowing her was in less than a few months.

Golden eyes landing on the blonde male in the front of the room, his pace almost picked up pace to meet his oldest and dearest friend.
"Surely, all of this wasn't necessary for tonight?" he asked once approaching Oz, taking a look at everything that had been set up. Oz had always been one to to go over the top with things, but he couldn't help that this was a little much.

The mood turned sour the moment footsteps were heard clicking against the marble tiles. Brooke watched in annoyance as he Fiancee walked into the ballroom, looking almost as if he owned the place. Joke was on him, since she was marrying into his family she was basically going to be able to run it. With some minor things not being allowed because he's such a smart ass.

Her blue eyes narrowed as they watched Gilbert's tall and we'll built figure approach her cousin. It was unbeknownst to him but Oz was a chain. No one but the Vessalius family knew, plus Kayla because Brooke made a mistake when she was 8. The two were reading together in the library and the maid's daughter brought up chains. Brooke being Brooke, she decided to make the family seem cooler by telling her about Oz's secret.

Clicking her tongue, she stood up straight. "I may not be your master but your help isn't needed here. Let's go- if you won't take my place you'll at least still be able to be at the ball" she spoke calmer. Almost as if her anger over Gilbert's arrival diminished. "I'll help you pick out a dress from the many I have. You can keep it afterwords- Lord knows I'll never wear it. "

Oz turned away from what he was doing and greeted his best friend. A large smile spread across his face before he pulled out a slip on paper in his pocket. "It is neseccary, Gil. This is the last ball before the wedding and you two need to dance together every chance you get. " He Gender the slightly shorter male the slip of paper. It had many names on it, all duke do members. "This is a quarter of the guest list. We will be announcing the ir entrances. Will you help out with that?" He asked as he cocked his head to the side. A few strands of blond hair fell across his face, almost covering his eye.

Out of the corner of his eye, the heir noticed the females leaving the room. He hoped Brooke would try to replace herself with....Kayla... again. That happened once before and since then she had been banned from doing it.

Knowing it was useless to try and argue, Kayla even gave up the very idea and began following the other away from the room, her mind playing scenes of times in the past, and the ways she was scolded for taking on such a role. Master Oz found it quite entertaining, considering he knew both of the girls both inside and out, and was unable to be fooled by such pranks.

"are you sure you should let me come in contact with such wonderful gowns, Miss? my skin does not belong in them, after all." the female piped up, her heeled dress shoes clicking against the hard floor, footsteps following the one leading, hands remaining neatly folded in front of her, posture correct, constantly reminding herself to make a good impression for the house she worked for.

"Plus, I do not get to dance tonight, my duty is the same as always, and with so many people coming to this event, I will have to keep a very sharp on your cousin."she spoke once more, her voice almost monotone as she spoke the words, as if they had been spoken many times- and they certainly have. Despite Oz being almost a full grown up by now, there were still his times he acted like a child whom just wanted to have fun.

Only managing to catch a glimpse of the two females leaving, Gilbert only gave himself a moment to release a soft sigh, marriage to a person who wasn't even prepared, even moments before important guests were due for her event.

Their event

the thought made the man's lip twitch ever so slightly, If he weren't the head of his Dukedom, his fate would have been far different.
"Say, when will it be your time to get married as well?" he asked, figuring there would be another from Sharon by now, or did he somehow manage to get out of the entire thing altogether? Surely he had to marry himself into one of the other remaining dukedoms, more wealth and other things for the wellbeing of his own.

A soft chuckle escaped the taller female's lips and she stopped walking. Turning at her heel, Brooke faced the maid, a soft smile crossing her face. "You're allowed to do anything if I authorize it. Oz may be your boss but I'm your friend and as long as I'm at the Vessalius manor, I want you to be happy. " She said calmly. The words were those never said before, but Brooke truly did want her friend to be happy. Sure she claimed to be happy, and genuinely was, but the brunette always noticed the way Kayla gazed at the dresses.

"You're going to look amazing, and Oz will be fine. Remember who he is." She chuckled again. This time when she began walking to her bedroom, her larger hands wrapped around Kayla's thin wrists and began to drag her after. They passes a few of the other servants who looked on with blank faces but would surely talk to each other in hushed voices once the mistress was out of earshot.

The act of gossip was not uncommon, especially around the luxurious manor. The servants were constantly talking about things that happened and many disliked the closeness that Kayla had to both Brooke and Oz. Yet this didn't stop either of them for taking Kayla whenever they went on a trip, mainly Brooke because she was unable to take male servants due to her engagement. Plus her and Kayla were best friends.

The climbed the large staircase in silence before soon reaching the bedroom door. Once there, Brooke let go and opened the door to her room. It was larger than most- but smaller than every other room in the house. She didn't like being to eccentric, it just wasn't in her nature. "Alright." SHe placed her hands on her hips and walked over to the closet, only a few strides away. "Let's find something that would look nice on you."

Back in the ballroom, Oz's laughter echoes loudly in the large space. He had thrown his head backwards as he laughed even more. When the laughing had subsided, the blonde male shook his head. "Me? Get married? There's no way that'll happen. I'm the one who's going to end up trying to stop you and Brooke from killing each other." He shook his head again. This party was going to be the biggest event of the year and his last chance to get the two the actually connect in some way. "Can you at least-" He turned to a servant and yelled "Don't put that there. i said near the third window, that's the fourth," before returning to his conversation with Gilbert. "Can you at least talk to her tonight, Gil. You're going to live with her for the rest of your lives, it would be nice if you could at least talk."

A frown tugged at his lips as he spoke to his best friend. He knew that neither of them wanted to get married but he hoped that if they were at least friends their marriage would be better. He did not want to see his cousin and best friend try to kill each other 24/7. His green eyes gazed into golden with a feeling that almost pleaded for the ravenette to listen to his words.

Last edited by a moderator:
the reminder of the true friendship the two of them had between one another, a small smile came to Kayla's features, even a ghost of a glint of excitement dancing in the depths of her ocean-like orbs.
Taken by surprise when her smaller wrists were taken by the other hands, Kayla felt her smile replace with a frown once more. She was usually one to mind her own business, but she was quite the topic between the other maids and servants within the household, seeing that she was indeed one of the more important ones, not to brag.

Being led into the large bedroom, the girl was almost cautious to where she was stepping, seeing that her own room was not even a quarter of the size.

Stepping up behind her friend, Kayla's expression changed into one of awe at the sight of each professionally sewn piece of fabric coming together to create outfits that almost didn't seem real at all.

'you mean to tell me you disliking robing yourself in such elegant pieces?" she asked, voice a wisp of awe, strongly resisting the urge to reach out and running her fingertips over the pieces, wanting to see if she could name each and every kind, selfishly wishing that she could be in the others position just to see herself in the gowns, being able to run around barefoot in the glorious outfits.

"You're certain you want to lend me one of these?" she asked, lifting a hand to pull stray pieces of hair from her eyes, bringing the gaze to the taller, her appearance almost looking almost like a child receiving a gift they had worked hard for compared to Brooke, despite her being the same age, even older by a few months.

"I suppose I can initiate a simple conversation with her, though she doesn't seem the most eager to agree with my words, in fact not even listening to me half of the time when I do approach her" he pointed out, which was another one of the reasons the two of them didn't get along with one another, she seemed much like her cousin, the both sharing the same childlike personality and behavior.

"remaining on the topic of her, where did she run of anyways? Planning On switching roles with your servant once again?" he asked, remembering the time when they tried to do that last time. Sure the two of them had the same features when certain things were changed, but the maid of his friend was so quiet, and she was nothing nearly as open as his betrothed was, seeing that her only mission was to please Oz.

Realizing that if the servants were able to attend the ball, he may not even have a chance to talk to the young woman, seeing that the young masters maid would be beside her the entire time.
"Is the maid attending the ball as well?" he asked, wording his curiosity. He would not mind if she was, giving him the chance to make an excuse for not speaking at the event, though there was that tingling reminder in the back of his head that his friend would humiliate him in some way if he didn't fulfill the simple request.

Ice blue eyes softened as she watched Kayla's face light up at the sight of the dresses. She leaned against a bedpost and crossed her arms in a way that made her look a little smug. "I've never particularly enjoyed wearing dresses and there are only two or three I will wear often. " Brooke explained her reasonings with a cool and collected voice. Not one filled with nerves or wonder, at what was happening next in her life.

"Whatever dress you decide looks best in you- you can keep it. I know how much you love these outfits and I was you to have at least one. " she moved from her place against the bedpost and approached the blonde. Her hand gently brushed through her friends hair as she spoke again. "Im going to make it so that tonight, no man can take his eyes off you. Even if you naturally make people turn their heads in awe. "

A large smile spread across her face again before she pulled out a pure black dress. Holding it up, she seemingly matched it to what kayla was wearing before tossing it onto the ground. Nope. A few other dresses joined the heap of fabric on the ground as Brooke kept looking for something perfect.

Biting the inside of his cheek, a faint pink began to tint the tips of his ears. For some odd reason the mention of the maid made him embarrassed but whenever she stood beside him at official events and such he was fine. She was someone he enjoyed teasing and has enjoyed teasing since they firat met at a young age.

At that point in time he hadn't been in the human world for a while so he did not understand much of its changes. Though he did seem to get everything soon enough.

"Brooke's probably not going to try to switch this time but she mightve convinced Kayla to come to the party.: Suddenly his face turned dark
"You better not accidentally dance with her instead of my cousin. Kayla and i spent a long time choosing her dress to make her perfect. " He ordered. Just then a servant ran up and gave him a short report on the food for the night.

almost letting out soft cries at the looks of the gowns being thrown so easily to the ground, Kayla silently bit the inside of her cheek, each time eyes looking down to take a look at the dress that was being held up against her form, each beautiful in its own indescribable way. Her friends compliment seeming to play repeat in her mind. Awe, did she not mean questioning? Surely it was a way to bring her spirit up in the long run, simply making the older remained hushed at her friends chosen words.

"But, you're the one to be turning heads tonight. This is for you, before your wedding" the underclassed stated, badly wanting to take each one of the now rumpled pieces and take them back for herself, only to look back in the mirror and beam in joy. At least she was getting one, and seeing the way that the ones that were being tossed around, the one would be one only suitable for her. One reason why best friends existed.

Seeing the almost lighting fast transaction of facial expressions from Oz, Gilbert felt his body tense only for a brief second, a sigh passing through his lips, a gloved hand pushing through the wavy strands of his longer hair. "I would not dream of it, you should know that of me by now."

Despite the cheery, innocent appearance that the blonde man carried around him on a daily basis, he did have this ways of blackmailing and even manipulating people for himself, and Gil himself knew that all to well, rembering back to when they were both quite young. His friend had not changed in the least.

Bringing his gaze away from the darkened expression, the dark haired man shifted his weight as he looked at the time, guests were to be due any moment by now. "shall we begin greeting the others inside? It's only five minutes before the event sparks" he reminded, already beginning to take small steps towards the other side of the large room where he originally entered.​

The gowns were all gifts from other people and they were crazy styles and colours that she knew she would never wear, even if she wore dresses. The pile grew with each dress she pulled out before just deciding to analyze the situation a bit. Her gaze was cast upon Kayla's figure, her hand on her chin in a manner of concentration. She studied her figure and facial appearance to determine colour, style, and sleeves. Her cold eyes made the manner a little intimidating.

In her mind she was putting different dresses onto Kayla, each one being quickly dumped. One style stood out more than the rest so she decided to stick with that one. Finally a colour was chosen and then sleeves. "Alright, I know the perfect outfit." Brooke spoke up before turning around and heading deeper into the closet.

"Try this," she returned from being hidden by fabric holding a lilac gown with a darker purple, almost black, ribbon tied around the waist. Small dark colour flowers littered the bust of the dress, showing off the strapless design. "You can change in the small area over there then you must show me how you look." she smiled brightly at her friend.

At Gilbert's reminder of the event starting in a few minutes, Oz began to internally freak out. The two girls should've been back in the ballroom by now, ready to greet the guests as they always had. But today they were missing. He stared in silence for a moment before agreeing with Gilbert's statement, the girls would probably make some grande entrance.

He quickly fixed his vest and tie before walking towards the front door. His whit boots clicked softly against the floor as he got closer and closer to greeting the guests. He hoped that the party would be a success and everything would go as planned. The blonde fixed his tie one last time before opening the grande door. "Welcome, dear guests of the Vessalius manor. I am deeply honoured by your presence here today. I would like to thank Raven Nightray as well," He motioned to Gilbert who approached behind him, "For coming to this party and helping myself and my cousin host it."