What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to finish Deadman Crossing of Joe R. Lansdale and then will have to choose between Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns or David Lagercranz, The Girl in the Spiders Web. I think i will begin with the Prince.

Paradise Lost. It's surprisingly good, and I can see where We've gotten a lot of our views on Angels and demons and stuff for Pop Culture. It's not an easy book, though. It's actually really hard.

For fun: I just read and finished both Ready Player One and The Martian.

On the Internet: The SCP Foundation. Those are always fun.

Currently reading "The Talisman" by Stephen King
Just finished "The Light Fantastic" by Terry Pratchett

Currently reading "The Talisman" by Stephen King
Just finished "The Light Fantastic" by Terry Pratchett
After you finish The Talisman, don't forget to read the sequel, Black House. Both are fantastic books.

After you finish The Talisman, don't forget to read the sequel, Black House. Both are fantastic books.
I will check it out, but I haven't been reading series together recently. It's whatever is due back at the library next...

I just finished reading "High Rise" by JG Ballard, man was there a lot going on in that book. But it was pretty good I'll say, it will be interesting to see the movie when it is released.

I just finished reading "High Rise" by JG Ballard, man was there a lot going on in that book. But it was pretty good I'll say, it will be interesting to see the movie when it is released.

>Someone else reading Ballard

You're okay in my book.

It's actually the first book I read by him, recommend any other good reads?

I'm currently reading Stand on Zanzibar by John Brunner. I'm not even that far into it, and I already think it's amazing.

I just finished reading Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation by Bill Nye. Well, I say reading, but really I was listening to the audiobook, which is narrated by Bill Nye himself. I gotta say, having Bill read his own book out loud to me is the greatest thing ever; I fucking love that guy, his show made my childhood. As soon as I get the chance, I'm listening to his other book.

It's actually the first book I read by him, recommend any other good reads?

'Empire of the Sun' is probably his most famous book, given that Spielberg went and made a movie from it. 'Crash' is also worth a read, though it's pretty fucked up even by his standards given that it focuses on car-crash fetishists.

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
'Empire of the Sun' is probably his most famous book, given that Spielberg went and made a movie from it. 'Crash' is also worth a read, though it's pretty fucked up even by his standards given that it focuses on car-crash fetishists.
Awesome, thanks I will check them out.

Recently finished 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' by Jonathan Foer for a thing in school. Yes, it was for school, but it was still quite an interesting book with a very charming and compelling protagonist, and a nice heartfelt story.

Reactions: Old Man Seiji
So, as an update "The Kingkiller Chronicles" is actually pretty cool. O_O I am halfway through the second book now. The cover and book summary made it seem like it was gonna be this angsty grimdark sort of thing, but it's not really. It has a lot of dark moments, but none of the BROODY MCBROODDUDE stuff I was worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.