DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
Hey all my cool cats and kittens. (See, I am one of the kids. I know how to do the pop memes like the YouTubers and the Twitterers. Netflix amirite?)

I love to read but I've stalled out lately on new books. Mostly I reread my old RP logs lately or trashy free Kindle reads. So I'd love to hear about some of the things y'all are reading. Any genre. Comics too, why not!

Rereading The Way of Kings, which hails from a series I'd been woefully underestimating like a FOOL. It's good. It's really good.

Reactions: Astaroth
I'm reading Dune and I'm really loving it so far.

• Love
Rereading The Way of Kings, which hails from a series I'd been woefully underestimating like a FOOL. It's good. It's really good.
Sanderson! Nice. Did you get the free ebook they gave out on the 4th/5th? I'm kinda mad I missed that giveaway.

I'm reading Dune and I'm really loving it so far.
Dune is one of my favorites since childhood. I'm so hype about the movie that's coming out this year.

I actually decided to reread The Postman. It's another favorite of mine and I've been itching to read it again since I played Death Stranding (which has some similar themes).

• Love
Reactions: Dipper and neptune
C.J Cherryh's "Inheritor" (Foreigner series), though it's an on/off thing.

• Thank You
I just started reading Someday by David Leviathan and am already 200 something of the 391 pages in. Book right before it I was reading was My Dear Hamilton.

• Thank You
Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan because it's like Futurama or The Office in terms of rewatchability but for books.

I've been rereading some of my old favorites like the outsiders by S. E. Hinton. Most of my books are sadly packed away rn so limited options 😂

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. Before it, I read Sal and Gabi Fix the Universe.

I have a Book of the Month membership so I'm always reading different books. Right now, it's Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik who happens to be one of my favorite authors.

I've been reading a manga today called Mushi to Medama to Teddy Bear (which translates to Bugs, Eyeballs and Teddy Bear). It's a horror manga that has a lot of violence in it, but it has some interesting symbolism and concepts. :3

Reactions: foodforpigs
Jurassic Park. It's so good. Like getting a whole book of bonus scenes 😍

Book update time, reading Nancy Drew The Curse/

Currently reading the "Outlander" series. Loving it.

Ahh, I read it a few months ago and loved it so much! I wish the movie would have been as intense as the book.

I just started The Troop by Nick Cutter.

Ahh, I read it a few months ago and loved it so much! I wish the movie would have been as intense as the book.

I just started The Troop by Nick Cutter.
It is so much more intense! But I feel the movie was kinder to Lex's character. I like what they made her a snarky hacker, even if the "hacking" sequence was quintessential 90s ridiculousness

About to start The First Wall from Warhammer 40k The Siege of Terra.

i was gonna be all reLaTAble and cry "my course books" but that...isn't true either so i'm just gonna jot down all your answers for when i wanna pick up recreational reading again because God, it's been a w h i l e since i did that

I have so many "currently reading" that I haven't gotten around to continue, but since kindle unlimited was offering 2 months free I put everything on pause to get a couple of free reads in these two months. I'm starting with "A Man" by Keiichiro Hirano. Can't say much for the story itself yet since I've only read the Prologue, but the Prologue has me HOOKED.

Actually reading through Dracula for the first time. I've been saying I'd get to it for years because of this small vampire obsession I had when I was younger, but I'm finally reading it now.

Reactions: neptune