What are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdom Hearts 2 (2.5 Remix) on Proud Mode. God, why do I do this to myself.

Vindictus. Get past the jiggle physics and gender-locked classes and I kinda like it. Though I'd like Tera a lot more if it wasn't a 35 GB download ;-;

And replaying Transistor off and on. If having the main character as my avatar doesn't say anything, that game is absolutely wonderful. Help() passive4lyfe.

For some reason something has taken hold of me and I have (over the past few days) had the extreme urge to begin playing Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX again. As they are the only Final Fantasy games I have on PC as my PS2 is at a friends house. So I'm just starting up a game on FF-VII. It's weird though, as I just got done battering my way through Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 as a renegade and that was fucking hilarious.

For some reason something has taken hold of me and I have (over the past few days) had the extreme urge to begin playing Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX again. As they are the only Final Fantasy games I have on PC as my PS2 is at a friends house. So I'm just starting up a game on FF-VII. It's weird though, as I just got done battering my way through Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 as a renegade and that was fucking hilarious.
on replay, FF7 was surprisingly more coherent that I originally thought

and cloud was less of a flat character than he is nowadays

on replay, FF7 was surprisingly more coherent that I originally thought

and cloud was less of a flat character than he is nowadays
True that. In Kingdom Hearts and Advent Children he seemed to relate more to the angst of a fifteen year old boy. In the original, his way of being was a bit more understandable but he wasn't this depressing spiky haired guy.

I'm kicking myself in the butt for not checking out Planetside 2 sooner. It's a goddamn riot. Anyone else play?

I'm kicking myself in the butt for not checking out Planetside 2 sooner. It's a goddamn riot. Anyone else play?
I've seen the videos for it, but I have a strict issue with playing competitive online games. Or is it just coop?

I've seen the videos for it, but I have a strict issue with playing competitive online games. Or is it just coop?

It's an MMO team based shooter where your faction is fighting two others for control of entire continents. It's mind blowing to think that massive 3 hour long battle you had to take a fortress with 100 other soldiers was one out of several equally massive battles on the same map. I don't think it's uber competitive, you can just play support roles and help your team out if you felt so inclined, and death and respawning is really impersonal and meaningless. It's the kind of game where dying 12 times an hour for an objective is considered good sportsmanship.

Seriously, it's super fun.

It's an MMO team based shooter where your faction is fighting two others for control of entire continents. It's mind blowing to think that massive 3 hour long battle you had to take a fortress with 100 other soldiers was one out of several equally massive battles on the same map. I don't think it's uber competitive, you can just play support roles and help your team out if you felt so inclined, and death and respawning is really impersonal and meaningless. It's the kind of game where dying 12 times an hour for an objective is considered good sportsmanship.

Seriously, it's super fun.
Thank you. I suppose I've had my general MP experiences ruined by CoD and Battlefield.

Thank you. I suppose I've had my general MP experiences ruined by CoD and Battlefield.

Rest assured, it's not nearly as competitive as those games (I also say this as a BF4 player who strongly considered uninstalling it a few times because it's not fun to get your ass kicked constantly because you get auto assigned to the losing team). I haven't felt pissed at Planetside 2 yet, I've generally laughed about most of my deaths. The battles are so large and there's so much going on thst you're not likely to run into a player who keeps dominating you, and I've found it pretty easy to keep a good KD ratio, even against players who have been playing since the start. Stick with a platoon, help your horde of fellow soldiers out, and love your medics who are almost everywhere to revive you. It's very easy to get into for a newbie!

@_@ the struggle is real...

141123115810312867.jpg

Picked up Shadowrun: Returns on @Hellis recommendation. It's fairly fun, I like the dialogue and obliterating people with a shotgun.

I made a dwarf rigger and named her Short-Stack. So clever and original. It's making the game for me.

@DuskNDawn reminded me I have Transistor installed as well. It's hard to find time to dedicate to play it where my wife's not watching sometime and I'm paying complete attention to what the people are talking about.

A friend made a Burning Crusade private server and we tried playing on it. It's no fun with only 4 people on an entire server.

BRUTAL Doom is a fucking blast too.

uhh.. Here's my desktop to see what I have installed to play. Go ahead, laugh.

30vj69i.jpg

The background cycles, 2,000 random images.

So I just got past Don Cornio's mansion in FF7 and I forgot how hilarious it is to get all the items together for Cloud to be a sexy cross-dresser, enough to even fool Cornio. Classic.

I'm not going to be any original person.
TES V: Skyrim
TES IV: Oblivion
Minecraft
and i'm still waiting for the PC version of GTA V
bored_classic_sonic__gif__by_xospades-d73n446.gif

I completed Jill's campaign in Resident Evil REmake HD and Infamous: First Light earlier today. REmake is still, and always will be, an absolute classic. I really wish Capcom would go back to making their Resident Evil games in the same puzzle oriented fashion as this. Just so good.

Now I'll be starting up Grim Fandango, I think. Looking forward to it!

Monster Hunter Tri.
The first one.
You know, the one that discontinued Wi-Fi.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (PS Vita)

It's a very interesting concept and a very fun play so far, it's a JRPG where the protagonist makes children with various heroines, and the kids and the heroines are part of his fighting team.

Status
Not open for further replies.