What Are You Playing Now?

S

Slyen

Original poster
So I figured there is a thread for pictures and such... but what about video games? I know there are plenty of you here who play them so I want to know what games everyone is playing when they are not on Iwaku and the like. Come on it'll be fun! :P

For me I just picked up the new Metal Gear Solid game. So far I am liking it. Its mission based which isn't what I'm used to and I feel like I'm missing out on things story wise because I didn't play through Portable Ops, but thats alright. Just started it tonight.

Also playing through GTA4 again with an attempt at finishing it this time in my off time. Playing Red Dead Redemption has got me back in the mood for sandbox games.

Hmm lets see..

Oh god.. gimme a sec..

DS
Pokemon Silver
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor
Yugioh Reverse of Arcadia
Several others.. but those are all kinda left for now..

Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy
No More Heroes
Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart
Zelda Twilight Princess
Most of these I need to finish before playing the current or imminent sequels

PS2
Persona 3
Steambot Chronicles
Final Fantasy X (bleugh)
I know there's more but im not at home so I can't check my games to see..

PS1
Replay of Final Fantasy IX

Yeah I'm on a game concept design course.. so im supposed to play lots of games.. but i don't get all that much time to play em >>

There's some of the games im playing now..

I'm also currently playing Twilight Princess. It's still really fun. I was surprised when I saw my old save data that said I hadn't played it in over two years.

There's a whole backlist of Wii and DS games I've been meaning to get but never got around to, and it's not very likely I'll have time to do so in the near future. They include Mad World, Spirit Tracks, and No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle, to name a few.

I suppose it's only right, though, seeing as I still have Gamecube and PS1 games I never finished. 0_0

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Chaos Rising - "Full purity is difficult to achieve" my ass. The last time I had my squads corrupted, I ended up getting the Low Corruption ending (I'm off to the Eye of Terror!). And the new Chaos units are kinda- REJOICE BROTHERS YOUR SLAVERY TO THE FALSE EMPEROR ENDS TODAY!

Chaos Rising's Corruption system is pretty controllable; with proper planning, you can decide who will be the traitor without soaking your other squads too deep into the taint of the Warp. I managed to make Jonah the traitor (he gets possessed by DAEMONS, unlike Techmarine Captain BartlettMartellus, who is very willing to kill you himself when he turns); next stop is either Thaddeus or SPIKE SPIEGEL (if you know what I mean).

The Wraithguard are possibly one of the most annoying additions to the game. High damage and fire rate with knockback? Fuck that. On the other hand, you should have fun using them every time you play Eldar.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat - Mostly multiplayer. Since Paorou is my only opposition of the moment, we really end up thinking like hunters.

Just finished playing Mass Effect 2 a week ago, best game evar, bro's!

Don't have any consoles at the moment, but if my brother is nice and let me lend his 360 again, I'll most likely try to get further in FFXIII. I paid too much for that game to not give it a second chance, the characters are, least to say, not impressive. I don't know, I hope the story gets good, some things they did with how you switch from two different characters all the time was pretty cool. And the graphics are......wow, but me needs good story to play, don't care about nerdy levelling -ish.

Try FF9 it's my favourite personally. I personally believe it had the best overall cast of characters, there are some awesome characters in the other games but 9 has the best group in my opinion. Also 9 has something that isn't seen too much in final fantasy, character development. Every character in that game changed in some plausible and notable way and it's what made the game so good for me.

Sure the plot goes a bit squiffy near the end.. but have you ever played a final fantasy that didn't?

Also the graphics while hardly state of the art are really nice and the style is rather attractive. Plus the music is fucking awesome!

But yeah if you want a good Final Fantasy (And one that doesn't sacrifice good characters *cough 10 cough* or plot then I'd say try 9.

SC4.

Darksiders: Wrath of War.

Web of Shadows.

Borderlands.

GUN.

Breakdown.

Tomb Raider: Underworld.

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires

and as soon as i get my laptop working agin, ill get back into;

Call of Pripyat

Silent Hunter 3

Dawn of War 2 @ chaos rising.

and perhaps some others.

Modded Fallout 3 (SM armor and weapons mods...GREY KNIGHT TERMIE)

Oh yeah and now im playing Team Fortress 2 almost obsessively... >>

World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

Fun stuff.

WII
Godfather Blackhand Edition
Monster Hunter Tri
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

PS1
FF V&VI

PC
Fallout 3
Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point
F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Hey Porg, what college are you going to for that game design course?

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires

Is that a game worth buying? I've been iffy on shelling out the cash ever since i couldn't rent it from Blockbuster.

Personally I'm playing Dynasty warriors 3-5, Dead Rising, Bioshock 2, Assassins Creed 2, Red Dead Redemption, and awaiting Starcraft 2 with baited breath.

Im'm in Staffordshire University. But I'm only studying the art side of things, I don't design games, just draw concepts for em =B

I am also waiting on Starcraft 2.. and I will be so pissed off if they've fucked it up.

Not too many.. I mostly focus on one game at a time. Helps if I am addicted to it.

Megaman Zero Collection for the DS. Mostly since I missed half of the series. Very good game if you don't own all of the GBA ones. Very challenging but fun once you get the hang of things. Not for those who want an easy game that won't frustrate them at times though.. :P There is easy mode but..it kills the challenge literally.

Shadow Complex for the 360, a very excellent Metroidvania esque game but with a more modern setting. Only wish it was longer but it's fun trying to speed run or do a 4% run.

Tales of Vepseria for the 360. Cheesy at times, the third of the game is where the plot fades but good characters which is rare in modern RPGs. It's a shame Namco loves to troll America and won't release the PS3 version that has all those extras and the two other playable characters for some DUMB reason. Also a good local co-op game, just plug in some other controllers and your friends can be the other characters in battles.

The battle system is good to, since it's typical Tales of style where you move around in battle and attack/cast spells instead of just putting in commands.

For the Wii, nothing at the moment. I'm eagerly waiting Metroid Other M though and am considering getting Cave Story.

Let's see...

PS2:
Okami
Jak 2
Resident Evil 4
Kingdom Hearts 1-2

was playing a lot of N64 games, but I lost my N64 cable at a friend's house and still yet haven't gotten a new cable.....
Same with my Sega... ;.;

Harvest Moon: More friends of Mineral Town
Final Fantasy X-2
Front Mission 4
Armored Core 3
Fallout 3
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

I think that's it... >_>;

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories for PS2 (in japanese ^^)
NHL 07
Final Fantasy X (second time around xD)

I WANT FF13 ;___;