What are you passionate about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Video Games: Me and my friends grew up around them and were what we bonded over. I hope to one day leave my mark upon video gaming, even if that mark is small.
-Science: Science is responsible for all sorts of cool shit (not the least of which is video games), and it only keeps marching forward. I can't wait to see wtf science can do when I'm old.
-Animal Rights: This is something that only came recently when I got my dog, but having something that isn't human but still feels a lot of the same things I do makes me realize people shouldn't be assholes to other animals just 'cause they're different.

Reactions: LunaValentine
17pyz1fttrbkmjpg.jpg

Such a wonderful and fascinating species. This fungus is able to overtake a creature's mind and make it, its bitch. One day, I'll be in control of this.
Cordyceps are amazing!

Reactions: Archwar
I'm passionate about storytelling

really great storytelling

the stuff of classics

the stuff that's been washed under blood sweat and tears

It's why I'm going into editing; I want to help make those stories. I want to find the people who have the ideas and help them put those ideas into memorium on the shelves.

I'm also passionate about human sexuality and bodies 8D

I'm a very forward advocate for keeping the conversation open and destigmatizing sex, sexuality, the human body, and all related topics. I think it NEEDS to be an open, unashamed conversation if we want to remove not only things like prejudice and shaming (which happens not just over who you're attracted to, but what you like to do with them) but to improve health. It is incredible how many men and women suffer or die from preventable diseases because the part of their body the disease affects is stigmatized so much.

This isn't to say I don't think privacy is important, but I don't think we should crave privacy because we are ashamed or fear judgement, I think we should want privacy because it's nobody's fucking business.

I'll leave it at that though and anybody who wants to know more/clarify anything can PM me :)

Lesbians in fiction. I'll admit this started out as a thing focused on smut, but over the years it developed into something else where I became a lot more interested in the stories themselves. The sex is just a minor thing that doesn't even need to be there, especially when it's poorly done I wish it wasn't there at all. Sarah Waters is a great author. The gravity between us is a great book by another author. I often read/watch/play something because it has lesbians in it, but if it's not done well I just stop and move on. It can be disappointing at times, most recently with the 100, which I'm still upset about.

Science Fiction. I love sci-fi. When it's done well, and by the greats, it can be more unique and original than other genres. I can read a number of books that's sci-fi without them having much in common with each other at all. Arthur C. Clarke and Liu Cixin are my favourite authors. It's funny that when I actually find a favourite author that's still alive, he writes in a language I don't know and makes me wait years for translations. The Dark Forest is easily in my top 5 books of all time. It blew my mind, and I didn't know what to do with myself days after I'd finished it.

These two are rarely combined, and that's what I'd want to do.

Reactions: Hellis
Yess. As a history buff. I love most the stuff based around that era.

Another passionate subject for me is Pre-Summerian myth and history. Alot of it would shape Abrahamic religion.
Just how damn old it all is, like, this is stuff tracing back 5,000 years, even further maybe. Who knows what cultures have been buried under the sand or crumbled away? Is it possible that an event similar to the Bronze Age Collapse happened even earlier in time, masking away some of the oldest stories of man. And just think about that time period between the development of spoken and written language, all the stories we'll never know. Or how about fucking music? Just imagine all the songs that were formed in the thousands of years before we started recording them down.

Shit. Just look atthe pre-Monolithic Judean shit. The amount of sects whos writing wasn't preserved. All the stuff that they took from Summerian creation stories. All the crazy super early astronomy stuff. Mapping the stars before telescopes. There is so much cool stuff hidden in our ancient past.

1. roleplaying
  2. learning about new things (roleplaying related, but also goes with food and music)
  3. music
  4. japanese anime

Status
Not open for further replies.