What are you browsing Iwaku on right now?

WHAT DO YOU POST WITH?

• Scrub office PC

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Half-eaten apple

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Smartphone

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Dumbphone

• RICHIE MCRICH GAMING PC

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Stone Tablet

• Lap warmer

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • IBM 5100

• potato

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • "I build and solder CPUs"

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Other (Because OP is a scrub)

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astoria

Gloriana
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
I'm online most evenings on a regular basis. If you message me, I'll probably see your PM within a day tops, or you can find me on Discord under Click This#5640 --Just message me if you're from Iwaku so there aren't any misunderstandings!
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I'm a massive fan of any genre that puts my characters in a fish out of the water scenario. This can be time travel, isekai, or even an epic journey type of story. If it's in an anime style, you've got my full and undivided attention.

I'm generally game with most fantasy genres, although my preference is skewed towards high fantasy and historical fantasy. Also, steampunk. Depending on the type of roleplay, modern and sci-fi roleplays are good with me as well. In terms of settings for historical roleplays, I love seeing stories set in the Roman republic or empire, the age of sail, the Victorian era, WWI, WWII, the Cold War, and the early information era, although I might tend to play fast and loose with some historical accuracy in favor of plots and characters.

Naturally though, if the plot's awesome enough, the genre probably won't matter too much!
Ya can't be here without it. What fancy (or not) device does everybody use?

I've got Thinkpad for classes and a compact PC that I put together that occasionally plays games.

Because I am a massive hipster and therefore also an Apple snob: I'm reaching you now from my Macbook. And sometimes I also get online from my iPhone. But usually my Macbook.

In all seriousness, though, I just really like the look and feel of the Mac OS. It's nice and stable, too -- it's very rare that anything ever freezes up or crashes. I honestly have a hard time remembering what the Mac equivalent of ctrl+alt+delete is because I never need to use it.

But um when you look at my interests as a whole I am still definitely a hipster and the Macbook really doesn't help in that regard. XD

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I've got a pretty decent gaming laptop. I got it on clearance so I didn't fork out as much as I could have, and it's a wee bit cheaper than the one my husband got himself. That's always how it works though. I'm the one whose sensible about what they buy, and he grabs the most expensive without price hunting.

I either browse Iwaku from an Asus Transformer or I use my BBQ10.

I VOTED LAP WARMER BECAUSE I -THINK- THAT MEANS LAPTOP.

Also I hate everyone browsing Iwaku on their phones. You guys ruined my life as a webdesigner.

Reactions: redblood
richie mcrich gaming pc represent

also sometimes a lap warmer

My gaming computer isn't at all of the 'richie mcrich' variety, but it was the closest thing to accurate on that list. x.x

What do I post with?

My fingers.

As for platform? Laptop, I read only with my cell, never post.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
Lap warmer is tha best warmer! Though it's more of a stomach warmer, cause I'm lying down and stomach is closer than lap xD

Smartphone and lap warmer. xD

I don't post much from my smartphone and only browse there, sometimes make short replies on General Chatting. I write my roleplaying posts on my lap 'warmer' because formatting and typing on my phone will murder me.

Huh, I'm actually surprised by the low amount of Macs and the higher percentage of gaming rigs.

Custom built or bust! But, I'm a huge PC hardware enthusiast, so yeah.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($26.49 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($61.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($43.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 700W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($81.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit) ($129.00 @ B&H)
Monitor: Acer G206HQLbd 60Hz 19.5" Monitor ($80.99 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Headphones ($99.00 @ Adorama)
Other: Acer P191w 900p monitor
Other: Arch Linux: Antergos edition! ($0.00)
Other: Dell AT101w Mechanical keyboard ($0.99)
Total: $730.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-27 01:30 EDT-0400

Yes, that's an i3. I'm waiting for AMD to come out with their new CPUs.

Custom built or bust! But, I'm a huge PC hardware enthusiast, so yeah.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($113.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($26.49 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($61.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($43.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 700W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($81.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit) ($129.00 @ B&H)
Monitor: Acer G206HQLbd 60Hz 19.5" Monitor ($80.99 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Headphones ($99.00 @ Adorama)
Other: Acer P191w 900p monitor
Other: Arch Linux: Antergos edition! ($0.00)
Other: Dell AT101w Mechanical keyboard ($0.99)
Total: $730.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-27 01:30 EDT-0400

Yes, that's an i3. I'm waiting for AMD to come out with their new CPUs.
Nice XFX card! I had one with the same cooler (really like their designs) but I ended up selling mine when I downsized to a M-ITX case.

Nice XFX card! I had one with the same cooler (really like their designs) but I ended up selling mine when I downsized to a M-ITX case.
Heh, yeah the thing is gigantic. But it looks bad ass, and performs very well.

Reactions: Astoria
I have an full size HP Envy laptop. Occasionally I'll browse from my phone, but never post. I hate typing on my phone.

Alienware 18.

Alienware is mid-line gaming computer, but when I was 13 it was the best. >3> I might have dreamed for years of getting one.

I think a lapwarmer. . . for laptop? I use it mostly for school work and well internet things, but I have two games on here as well. I will sometimes peek on from my Ipod though if I'm at work. I used to do that on my phone but it's slowed down a lot and so I try not to kill it more then it's already died >>

Status
Not open for further replies.