What are some of your personal hygeine tips?

S

Seiji

Original poster
There are a lot of things that may be common sense to you, but a lot of people think the exact opposite. How do you keep yourself clean?

• When brushing your teeth, do not rinse afterwards. The fluoride in toothpaste strengthens your teeth, but it needs time to sink in. Spit out everything you can when you're done, but don't rinse, or else you'll remove the fluoride. If you use mouthwash, use it BEFORE you brush to help in freshening your breath and breaking up what's in there already.
  • Assuming you shower every day, you don't necessarily want to wash your hair every day. If you continue to strip the oil out of your hair daily, your body works overtime to make more oil to replace it, which can make your hair more oily than it needs to be. Try washing it every other day, or perhaps once every 3 days. It's a good idea to rinse it every day, though, to make sure that you don't have dirt and skin hanging out in there.
  • USE A NETIPOT. It may look weird, uncomfortable, and disgusting, but it does wonders to clear out allergens and bacteria from your nasal cavity.
  • Guys: Wash your hands BEFORE you use the bathroom. You know exactly where your dick has been, but you can't say the same thing about your hands.

If you get piercings, clean them often. Especially if you get gauges in your ears. Trust me... You'll regret it if you neglect to clean these for too long. :/

Girls:

1. I brush my teeth at least 3 or 4 times a day, depending on what I'm eating or drinking.
2. I wear Dove Deodorant. Though it has a scent, not a strong one; it lasts all day until you wake up in the morning.
3. I wash my hair with conditioner. They say to wash the hair just at the ends, but to keep it smooth, I start at the top and work my way down.
4. I treat myself to a hair cut every 4 to 6 months. I do not use gel or hairspray. It kills your hair. I don't blow dry either. The heat damages it more than you know.

You should replace your loofahs and your toothbrushes once a month! Cause even though you're using cleaning products with them daily, they still start getting scummy and gross stuff growing on them... blech. ><

Throughly washing hands. I've noticed many people don't give their hand washing much attention. If you don't do it properly all your doing giving the germs a bath > <

Get between you fingers and scrub your nails. Like Seiji said, you don't know where your hands have been.

Don't overdo it(hygeine), at the end of the day, you're supposed to have this thing called an immune system that can fend of whatever you may be exposed to.

O: Actually, depending on your hair type, rinsing it without actually washing it can make it greasy, too. It's weird. Hair is very sensitive and different for every person, so gather tips, try them out, and keep the ones that keep your hair looking best.

Brush your tongue along with your teeth. That's where a lot of bad breath germs are.

Make blowing your nose part of your daily morning routine. I can't tell you how many people I've seen in the morning all showered and made up with a big ole' bat in the cave.

When filing/triming your nails, do it at about an angle instead of head on. It helps keep the nail from cracking.

yes I made a diagram. I couldn't figure out how to word it clearly.