What are some games you couldn't stand waiting to be downloaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kelsi Kitsune

Original poster
For me, I'd say the first game I couldn't stand to wait on was GTA5. I absolutely couldn't wait. Then, when I had bought Titanfall, it was a pain waiting for it. Next was the slightly overhyped Destiny, which is a good game, just overhyped and a huge 6GB on Xbox360(7GB? correct me if I'm wrong). Now I'm downloading CoD Advanced Warfare, and it's been two hours and I'm finally around 60 something percent complete.. It's only 7.40GB! Destiny is 8, and downloaded faster!!

No, this isn't a debate on which platform is better, so leave that out of here. If I see even the slightest hint of it, I'll have staff lock it down. This is a thread to speak of some of the games you absolutely hated having to wait for it's download to finish.

Nothing, for me at least, is going to top the unoptimized monster that was Wolfenstein: The New Order at 40 friggin' gigs. If I had known its file size before hand, I would have hunted down a physical copy instead of being lured by the almighty Steam sale.

I hate to the butt. But PC master race wins again.

Nah, console can download when your off doing whatever just like your PC. I just don't see the point in getting to worked up over a game you know you have to wait for. Especially if it's one of those 30GB games like we're starting to see more commonly.

Though investing in that solid state drive was bitchin. Mmmm. Delicious memory.

Shadow of Mordor

...and the Sims 4.

Destiny on my PS3.

Was completely ignoring the game up until a week before release and some FaceBook friends started hammering me about getting it. So I did on release, expansion pass and everything. Waited for over two hours for it to download. Only to notice it's just like EVERY OTHER MMO.

PACIFIC. STANDARD. TIME.

I'm in Florida, which puts me about 3-4 hours ahead.

Then I got disappointed cause of all my friends they owned it for different systems and since I got it, I've yet to play it with someone save for the matchmaking..

Edit: I'm with @SlamifiedBuddafied . PC Master Race. It's why I generally wait a few months after a games release then pirate download it legitimately via a purchase and play it. Mm, sales.

@SlamifiedBuddafied, @Windsong, do not start up with the master race bullshit please. Take that to your own thread if you want to talk about which is better. This is not the place for it. This is for stating what games you hated having to wait for. Would you like me to start a bunch of stupid stuff up on one of your threads, or maybe flood a thread of yours? If your answer is no, then please respect other peoples' wishes. I'd rather not have to ask a mod to lock the thread because people come here and see your comments, and start arguing over it.

Reactions: Shamrock
@SlamifiedBuddafied, @Windsong, do not start up with the master race bullshit please. Take that to your own thread if you want to talk about which is better. This is not the place for it. This is for stating what games you hated having to wait for. Would you like me to start a bunch of stupid stuff up on one of your threads, or maybe flood a thread of yours? If your answer is no, then please respect other peoples' wishes. I'd rather not have to ask a mod to lock the thread because people come here and see your comments, and start arguing over it.
Did uh.. You have anything to contribute your own thread? Lighten up, we were joking and keeping it on topic anyway.

Also, install times!

Why on earth have consoles suddenly started that crap? I recall MGS4 had it and they could take up to fifteen minutes! We need to take a break and all but damn, a trip to the loo doesn't take that long.

Usually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. The animosity. Sheesh. Don't be so defensive, if you actually read the comment the downloads all pan out and it doesn't matter in the end. I made no insinuation as to what is "better." I simply poked a little joke and immediately retracted it with an obvious lame brained comparison. So don't get all huff and puff on me.

Edit: Let me add to this. I own the first three Playstation consoles and the first to Xbox consoles and I love them as much as I love my PC. My point was that download times are just bottle necked on the servers for console which drives me insane. I had that issue when down-loading Destiny on my 360. So look, I can see you are a console gamer and I understand the plight and stigma between "what's what" when it comes to platforms. I just thought I'd make a joke. Get over yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rise of Incarnates: As a major Mobile Suit Gundam: EXTREME Vs. Full Boost fan, having a FTP version on my PC without being tied down by the Gundam license was a dream come true and couldn't have downloaded faster.

Too bad the game's complete garbage on top of being a major ripoff. ._.

Most other games I was hyped for I got a physical copy or I preloaded. If GTAV for the PC doesn't have a preload period, I will be very annoyed.

Team Fucking Fortress 2. I thought it would never download. Because apparently, out of all my games, it has the largest file size, and it took four hours. In comparison, most of the games I have take around ten or twenty minutes. Others take no more than five minutes.

Planetary Annihilation took awhile too.

Yo man, calm your tits.

Did uh.. You have anything to contribute your own thread?
My first comment all over again: For me, I'd say the first game I couldn't stand to wait on was GTA5. I absolutely couldn't wait. Then, when I had bought Titanfall, it was a pain waiting for it. Next was the slightly overhyped Destiny, which is a good game, just overhyped and a huge 6GB on Xbox360(7GB? correct me if I'm wrong). Now I'm downloading CoD Advanced Warfare, and it's been two hours and I'm finally around 60 something percent complete.. It's only 7.40GB! Destiny is 8, and downloaded faster!

Yo man, calm your tits.
Erm, you must be talking about one of them? I'm a female. Or do you just call everybody that? cause if so, that's fine.

And again, I'm saying this simply for the sake of not having someone come across the thread, and read that before anything else, and start arguing because that's all they read. You all know as well as anyone else on the internet, that there are people like that everywhere. Please make your jokes, and talk about which is better(joking or not), elsewhere.

Being as optimistic as I was, I couldn't wait to download Spore.

Then I couldn't wait to uninstall it. Biggest disappointment since santa claws.

Reactions: Kelsi Kitsune

After waiting OVER A DECADE, I just sat there, giddy, couldn't wait to play it.

... And you know what? I didn't regret it. It was a lot of fun. It's like babby's first X-Com and there's something fun in that, since the core of the formula remained intact. Even if I think they could have done more with it, I was bloody excited to play it and I'm bloody happy to own it.

Rome 2, on the other hand... Eugh.

On the bright side, I can play Apocalypse or UFO whenever I want with Dosbox. PC Master Race! :rotfl:

Reactions: Windsong
WoW! I've been downloading it since last night, and it's still not finished. I've got another 9GB to go, and playing it while it's downloading slows down my game.

Reactions: Novis
Status
Not open for further replies.