What are some dumb things you believed as a child?

Santa.

I was so sure he existed that I pretty much fought another kid who tried to convince me he was a lie. Told my mum about it afterwards. I could only imagine what must have been going through her head at that time. Lmao.

I eventually found out the truth from a teacher maybe 2 years later.

Silly little me also believed that my life was a TV show, a la the Truman Show. I thought everyone was watching me and knew exactly what I was up to, and that there were hidden cameras everywhere.

And of course, at some point, I also thought that my ability to mimic animal sounds was a special talent that only I could do.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RX Inoxia and Diana
I used to believe that kittens just grew under the window overhang of our dining room. Every time kittens appeared,, that's where they came from, so i figured they just grew like the bush there. I would look every once in a while to see if they were done yet. lol.

I used to believe that dinosaurs were make believe like the tooth fairy.

For way....wayyyy...more years than I think I should admit....Please don't judge too hard lmao.

...I thought that because old movies were black and white, the entire world existed in a state of black and white...until the year 1939 or so. And the first full color movies were also the first recorded footage of the world's miraculous, amazing transformation into an existence of color. /3

Edit: I recall, most embarrassingly, asking my grandmother "What was it like when everything was all black and white like that?"

For way....wayyyy...more years than I think I should admit....Please don't judge too hard lmao.

...I thought that because old movies were black and white, the entire world existed in a state of black and white...until the year 1939 or so. And the first full color movies were also the first recorded footage of the world's miraculous, amazing transformation into an existence of color. /3

I thought this too!!
I remember actually asking my dad this when I was young and he just started laughing.

• Haha
  • Thank You
Reactions: Diana and RX Inoxia
I thought this too!!
I remember actually asking my dad this when I was young and he just started laughing.
Oh dear, we thought alike! As per edit, I asked my grandmother along the sames lines, and when she told me the world was in color back then too I thought she was messing with me. /3