What always makes you feel better?

Listening to something like this, while eating some toast, taking steady breaths, and not thinking about anything at all.

After a few minutes of that, I'm tranquil enough to stop a freight train without breaking a sweat.

Nice long showers, and spending time in silence with those I cherish most, also rank pretty highly up there.

Wish we got more rain in Canada, rather than snow. The sound of the rain and how it feels on the skin relaxes my troubled mind in ways I can't even begin to describe.

the thing that goes doink

Reactions: Brovo
Music and singing. Even if it doesn't turn my mood around, it makes whatever shit I'm going through easier to deal with.

A cigarette or two always helps calm me down. Yes, I know it's horrific for both my health and my wallet, but it's therapeutic for me.

Food. Oh my god, food. It's no wonder I'm chubby, good food always makes me feel better.

Sitting in the shower for like an hour and just not thinking. So relaxing. Probably the thing I miss most about living at home.

If I'm in a really bad way I'll lift weights or something while I watch physics and maths videos on youtube. Sometimes the only way to just get over whatever I'm upset about is just to absolutely distract myself with uber-productivity that occupies both mind and body.

• Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
Jamming as many spears and other long pointed objects into a man's torso as possible before his expiration is a great pastime. Sometimes knocking out teeth with their own dismembered limbs. Strangling sea otters to death.
Punching (very futily) giant sea sponges until I pass out from exhaustion.

Any number of silly deeds in Dwarf Fortress.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
Excuse me. I meant river otters. After the giant sperm whale attack of 351, I tend to shy away from large bodies of water.
I want to hear more from this guy.

I suppose playing video games helps me ignore my problems... too bad that can't save me now.