WH40k Dark Heresy: Cell Achates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Merrez Kora
Appearance: Standing 6' tall, a frame built for the factories, then formed by combat and training, Merrez makes for an imposing figure. His brown hair is kept short, and his chiseled jaw is kept closely shaven, from many years of commisars being rather strict about such things. A jagged scar runs from his right ear to the right corner of his mouth, from a Orkish choppa many years ago. Many more scars dot his muscular body, proof of his years of combat. A frown tends to be plastered on his face, and an Lho stick tends to rest between his lips. Unless he has reason not to, he still wears his uniform, black fatigues with red patterns.

Homeworld, Background and Specialization: Forgeworld, Astra Militarum, Warrior.

The pain of the bullet is ecstasy compared to damnation:
Reduce this character's Agility characteristic by 3. The first time this character
suffers Critical damage each session, roll 1d10. On a result of 10, he does not suffer
any Critical Effects, though the damage still counts as Critical damage.

Hammer of the Emperor:
When attacking a target that an ally attacked since the end of the Guardsman’s last turn, the Guardsman can re-roll any results of 1 or 2 on damage rolls.

History: Marrez was the second son of a couple of factory workers. His older sister had already been recruited, so they hadn't expected for another wave of conscription to happen but a few years later, claiming him as well. Thus, he, and many others, were given the basic training before the transports arrived, and the rest on the way to their first battle. His first deployment went surprisingly well, as his company was deployed to guard the rear.

The next deployments were nowhere near as easy. His regiment was heavily bloodied in their following wars. They were mostly stomping out rebellions and occasional Orkish horde, with causalities far higher than anyone had expected due to their start. But they fought on, gaining victory after victory.

After a rather bloody campaign, Merrez's company was reduced to but a few men and women. Usually, they would have been absorbed into another company, but as the campaign was by Inquisitorial order, a few agents had been sent out to find recruits for their noble orders among the ranks of the Militarum. Merrez and the others were written of as KIAs as well, and drafted to serve a higher cause, as the recruiters found them too fine men to waste in the meat-grinders.

WS

BS

S

T

Ag

Per

Int

WP

Fel

Inf
35 40 40 40 30 30 30 30 35 25
Armor: Imperial Guard flak.
Total TB: 4
Wounds: 9
Fate: 3
Aptitudes: Intelligence, leadership, Ballistic skill, Defence, Offence, Strength, Weapon skill.
Characteristic Advances:
Skills: Athletics, Command, Common Lore (Imperial Guard), Medicae, Navigate (Surface), Intimidate
Talents: Weapon training (Las, Low-tech), Rapid Reload.
Weapons: Lasgun (Melee attachement), Technical Knock
Equipment: grapnel and line, 12 Lho sticks, magnoculars, combat vest, backpack, gas mask, medi-kit.
Cybernetics: None
XP: 200

I do think this one follows the rules, at least X_X
Do correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Z'Greel
tumblr_niujquSHFb1u19hiso1_400.jpg

You should have a lot more than 2 aptitudes (see page 76). Also roll for a divination (sorry for not specifying) on pages 84 and 85.

Your Total TB (Toughness bonus) is 4.

1386873111028.jpg

Welp, I think I fixed it. Unless there was more I forgot X_X

I'll be getting to the first round of CS reviews in a couple days.

If you haven't yet, join the Discord Server! Link is on the first post.

Name: Tessera Harlocke
Appearance: Tessera is short but stout, standing at 5’2” and 165 pounds, with muscles built up over a lifetime of martial service. If one could see underneath the armor fused to her flesh, they would see dark skin covered in various scars and old battle wounds. Similarly, a hardened face framed with hazel eyes and black hair lies beneath her helmet, with a faded tattoo of the Harlocke family crest imprinted across her right cheek. In addition, a second pair of arms sprout out from her torso beneath her original pair, covered in the same plate armor fused with the rest of her body.
Homeworld, Background, and Specialization: Feudal World, Mutant, Warrior
At Home in Armor: A Feudal World character ignores the maximum Agility value imposed by any armor he is wearing.

Twisted Flesh: A Mutant character can always choose to fail any test associated with resisting malignancy or mutation. Whenever he would gain a malignancy, he may roll on Table 8-16: Mutations to gain a mutation instead.

Expert at Violence: In addition to the normal uses of Fate points, after making a successful attack test, but before determining hits, a Warrior character may spend a Fate point to substitute his Weapon Skill (for melee) or his Ballistic Skill (for ranged) bonus for the degrees of success scored on the attack test.

Violence Solves Everything: Increase this character’s Weapon Skill or Ballistic Skill characteristic by 3. Reduce his Agility or Intelligence characteristic by 3.

History: Tessera Harlocke was born on the Feudal World of Salem IV, the only daughter of a vassal to a local liege lord. When she was born, it was clear that Tessera had been born a mutant, having four arms rather than two. It was also apparent that she had been born a psyker, although her parents and the other natives of Salem IV knew nothing of the true nature of such things at the time, simply labeling her a witch instead. Tessera spent her childhood training for martial service, intent on making up for the circumstances of her birth by becoming a skilled warrior. Alas, despite all her efforts both on and off the battlefield, Tessera was always shunned as an abomination and a witch by those around her.

As the years passed by and Salem IV was introduced into the Imperium, Tessera continued to hone her martial skills, as well as exploring her innate psychic powers in secret. Her plate armor had long since fused with her flesh, resulting in rumors of an abominable witch in knight’s armor spreading amongst the populace of Salem IV, the rumor eventually reaching the ears of the planetary governor. Before long, the agents of Inquisitor Case had come looking for Tessera, offering her a continued existence in exchange for servitude as an Acolyte. Tessera accepted, eager to get away from Salem IV and see the rest of the universe.

WS

BS

S

T

Ag

Per

Int

WP

Fel

Inf
40 33 40 40 25 30 22 40 25 25
Armor: Feudal World Plate (5 All) (Scarce-Free)

Wounds: 10

Fate: 4 (Emperor’s Blessing 6+)

Aptitudes: Weapon Skill, Ballistic Skill, Defence, Offence, Strength, Willpower, Psyker, General, Finesse

Advances:
Psyker (300 XP)
Weapon Training (Chain) (200 XP)
Manipulate Flame (100 XP)
Spontaneous Combustion (200 XP)
Jaded (200 XP)

Skills: Athletics, Awareness, Intimidate, Forbidden Lore (Mutants), Survival

Talents: Weapon Training (Chain), Iron Jaw, Jaded

Traits: Unnatural Strength (1), Psyker, Multiple Arms (2)

Psy Rating: 1

Psychic Powers: Manipulate Flame, Spontaneous Combustion

Weapon Training: Low-Tech, Solid Projectile, Chain

Weapons:
Shotgun (Basic, 30m, S/-/-, 1d10+4 I, 0 Pen, 8 Clip, 2 Full Rld, Scatter)
Chainaxe (Scarce-Free) (Melee, 1d10+4 R, Pen 2, Tearing)

Equipment: Grapnel and Line, Heavy Leathers, Combat Vest, 2 Doses of Stimm, Psy Focus (Average-Free), Micro-bead

Corruption Points: 21

Mutations:
Cursed Fleshmetal: This character’s armor and cybernetic implants become fused with his flesh, and even regenerate. Removing any of these items requires a Challenging (+0) Medicae test; if the test fails, he suffers 1d5 Rending damage to a randomly selected limb that ignores Armor. He can make an Ordinary (+10) Toughness test to repair items merged with him, in the same manner as a Tech-Use test to repair the same equipment, but suffers 1 Corruption Point.

Unnatural Arms: Twisted appendages (shriveled arms, hooked talons, or fleshy tendrils) emerge from this character’s spine or torso. He gains the Multiple Arms (CB) trait.

XP Available: 0

XP Spent: 1000

Name: Sister Initiate of the Order of the Bloody Rose, Elleantra Theresa
Appearance: Sister Initiate Elleantra is of a modest height, sitting in at approximately 5'7", with a slender yet very fit and somewhat muscular build. Her hair is the standard silvery white shared by many Sisters of Battle, and bright blue eyes. With a fair complexion and tone of skin, she matches the stories of the Sisters almost perfectly, though if one looked closely at how she carried herself, they would doubtlessly see an unending faith, devotion bordering on fanaticism, and steadfast loyalty through her actions.
Homeworld, Background and Specialization: Feudal Homeworld, Adepta Sororitas Background, Heirophant Role
History: Elleantra's origins mirror that of many other Sisters; She was found in an Orphanarium at a very young age by the Adepta Sororitas. Not even the woman herself could tell you whether or not her parents were dead, or simply abandoned her, though that matters not. She had been taken by the Ecclesiarchy to become one of their many glorious Sisters of Battle, like many others before her, and that is what she was trained to be. For the next ten years, her life was moulded by the Adepta Sororitas to join their grand ranks of devout warriors; the doctrines of the Imperial Faith were ingrained in her mind just as equally as her aim, strength, willpower, and skill with a blade were forged to be as strong, swift, and unrelenting as the flames that they employed.
Once her training was complete, she was informed that she needed to prove herself in the fires of battle, as all sisters do, to earn her title as a proper Sister Millitant. For these ends, she was sent to assist the Inquisition, to learn the truths of the Imperium, and to properly learn how to root out corruption wherever it may be found. Her faith and uncompromising devotion to the Emperor proved to be quite useful in these missions, as she acted without mercy for the corrupt, her soul shielded from the foul influences of The Enemy. Her skills with flamer and chain eventually caught the attention of one Inquisitor Case, who was to be sent on a mission soon.

WS

BS

S

T

Ag

Per

Int

WP

Fel

Inf
30 40 30 30 40 30 25 40 30 25
Armor: Armored Bodyglove (2/-, body/arms/legs), Flak Cloak (3/55, body/arms/legs)
Total TB: 3
Wounds: 12
Fate: 3

Aptitudes: Social, Weapon skill, Ballistic Skill, Offense, Fellowship, Willpower

Characteristic Advances: None

Skills: Athletics, Intimidate, Common Lore (Adepta Sororitas), Linguistics (High Gothic), Medicae, Charm (100), Decieve (100)

Talents: Jaded, Hatred (Heretics), Rapid Reload (600)

Weapon Training: Flame, Chain

Weapons:
Hand Flamer: Pistol, 10m range, S/-/- RoF, 1d10+4 E Damage, 2 Pen, Clip 2, RLD 2 (1) Full Action, Flame/Spray Special
Flamer: Basic, 20m range, S/-/- RoF, 1d10+4 E Damage, 2 Pen, Clip 6, RLD 2 (1) Full Action, Flame/Spray Special
Chainblade: Melee, - Range, 1d10+1 R Damage, 1 Pen, Tearing Special

Equipment: Chrono, Dataslate, Stablight, Micro-bead, Respirator

XP: 200

WIP

Name: Iudex Gundyr

Appearance:
latest

Homeworld, Background and Specialization: Hive World (Teeming Masses in Metal Mountains), Adeptus Arbites (The Face of the Law), Seeker (Nothing Escapes my Sight)

History: Born REDACTED in the hostile steel towers of a Hive world. Early in his life his father was drafted into service, and soon fell fighting the enemies of the Imperium. Stranded with no family, REDACTED found himself in an over full orphanage. Here he began to find corruption, and violations of Imperial law in sickening places. learning how truly how far the teeming masses of man had forgotten their laws in place of personal gain. When he became a young adult, the Adeptus Arbites came to his orphanage looking for fresh recruits. He was more than willing to join. It was there he became Iudex Gundyr.

After a few years in service to the laws of the Emperor, he began to earn a reputation among his peers for his ruthless and determined campaign to root out corruption and villainy and to uphold and enforce the true laws of the Imperium. Known for his keen wit, and brutal investigations, Iudex began to catch the attention of his superiors. Even more years would pass and his work would harden him, dulling the edge of his fanatical devotion to bringing about law, but he still worked towards the true enforcement of His great laws. Eventually he would catch the attention of Inquisitor Case, or more accurately one of her lackeys. He was soon after recruited to work in one of her cells.

WS

BS

S

T

Ag

Per

Int

WP

Fel

Inf
25 40 30 30 35 40 40 35 30 25
Armor: Enforcer Light Carapace (5 AP, 45 max AG, 15 KG)

Total TB: 3

Wounds: 9

Fate: 3-1=2

Aptitudes: Ballistic Skill, Defense, Fellowship, Intelligence, Perception, Social, Tech

Characteristic Advances: Fellowship, Intelligence, Ballistic skill

Skills: Awareness, Common lore (Adeptus Arbites, Underworld), Interrogation, Intimidate, Scrutiny, Dodge, Trade (armourer), Inquiry, Security

Talents: Keen Intuition,

Weapon Training: Solid Projectile

Weapons: Shotgun 30m S/-/– 1d10+4 I 0 pen 8 2Full- Scatter 5kg 2 clips
Autogun 100m S/3/10 1d10+3 I 0 pen 30 Full — 5kg 2 clips
Boltgun 100m S/3/- 1d10+5 I 4Pen 24 Full Tearing 7kg 3 clips

Equipment: 5 doses of stimm, 12 Elo sticks, Manacles, Auspex/Scanner

Cybernetics: Vocal Implant

XP: 50

Last edited:
Alright, so I still need to write the history which will be done sometime tonight. I just needed a break after looking at that damn pdf for 2 hours., Also, where is the damn roll dice button? I went into more options, but still didn't see it.

oh this is actually tabletop

Damnit

So far one assassin and four warriors have sent in applications. I'm starting to feel that if all are accepted, we've got enough muscle. Or am I very wrong?

Oh, we'll be set for muscle on muscle.If need be, I can respec a little into more investigator/detective Than sraight up muscle. Adeptus Arbites can work with that pretty well.

In the end, it is the grimdark future full of grimdarkness, so there will always be a need to shoot shit in the face.

Well, of course we need a lot of muscle in the grimdarkness. But without anyone holding a flashlight, it'll be too grimdark to see what to shoot!

...Wait, I'm the guy with the flashlight.

Well, now its a Seeker Adeptus Arbites. Time to find the truth, and enforce the LAAAAWW!

I'm sorry, but I couldn't get this out of my head, so I just had to share it.

Jokes on you, I don't need a flashlight. I have the light of the emperor (and a flamer) to guide me

Jokes on you, I don't need a flashlight. I have the light of the emperor (and a flamer) to guide me

Jokes on both of you. I don't need a flashlight or the light of the emperor (+ flamer) to guide me. I have a motorbikes headlights instead. :p

Jokes on both of you. I don't need a flashlight or the light of the emperor (+ flamer) to guide me. I have a motorbikes headlights instead. :p
THAT IS HERESY AND YOU KNOW IT

Name: Canto Azorius
Appearance: Tall, well-built and deceptively fast, Canto regularly wears very simple clothes when not donning the carapace armor he's kept from his days in the Arbites; a black tunic and black boots. His brown hair is kept very short, and his skin shows a deep tan color. Scars and faded bruises adorn his limbs, torso and face, the marks of his constant beatings from when he'd been preparing to formally join the arbites. His blue eyes stand in contrast to the rest of his body.

Homeworld, Background and Specialization: Forge World (Mezoa), Adeptus Arbites, Desperado

History: Canto was born in Mezoa to a poor but devout family of menial laborers at an Adeptus Mechanicus facility on the planet Mezoa. Surrounded on all sides by lava and machines, Canto escaped most of the unrelenting persecution and suffering that regularly plagues Blanks. He soon realized that growing up surrounded by machines was no guarantee to enter the Mechanicum, and thus he decided early on that his path in life (however short it might be, given the hostility what few people he encountered showed him) would have to be one other than that of the forge. Even so, from an early age, Canto's overhearing of the Techpriests about repelling Xenos on explorator fleets tempered his mind with a mix of hatred and fascination.
Upon reaching the required age, Canto managed to join the Adeptus Arbites despite overwhelming negativity exhibited against him, if only due to the endlessly repeated attempts on his part to do so. Training completion was, to him, self-evident due to being stubborn. This seemed to hold true in spite of how brutally he was constantly beaten during physical training. Fate intervened firstly during an assignment which saw him gain much more importance - Canto had been dispatched, along with a few others, to handle a case involving a supposedly latent psyker which upon confrontation turned out not to be so latent after all.
Perhaps due to the stress of the situation, Canto's potential as a Psychic Null revealed itself in time for him and a single other Arbites member to survive. With his colleague vouching for him, Canto's deployment in the rare cases involving Psykers became guaranteed and, much to his benefit, even though he still received poor treatment, he was offered some mild protection for his status as a valuable asset - much more than he'd ever been afforded. What few cases he'd be dispatched to not involving Psykers would solidify often involved Xenos one way or another, solidifying his unrelenting hatred for them.
Canto's short life would change when a particularly perplexing case involving seemingly contradictory evidence received help from a most surprising source - an Inquisitor had been dispatched, on suspicion of involvement from the Ruinous Powers. The Inquisitor, obviously aware of Blanks and their usefulness in such situations, immediately had Canto assigned to her cell.
The case was solved successfully but not without cost. The Inquisitor, realizing the value of a simple-minded, devoted Blank, decided to formally induct Canto as an Acolyte in order to compensate for the Acolyte that perished during the investigation.

WS

BS

S

T

Ag

Per

Int

WP

Fel

Inf
25 40 25 40 40 30 40 40 25 25
(Forge World modifier - Toughness started at 30, Intelligence started at 30, Fellowship at 20 {ignored})

Armor: Enforcer Light Carapace Armor

Wounds: 8 + X1 = 8 + 3 = 11
Fate: 3 + X2 = 3 + 1 = 4

Aptitudes: Intelligence (Forge World); Agility, Ballistic Skills, Defence, Fellowship, Finesse (Desperado); Defence -> Fieldcraft (Adeptus Arbites)

Elite Advances: Untouchable

Skills: Awarenes, Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Underworld), Intimidate, Scrutiny, Interrogation [Adeptus Arbites granted]; Dodge, Stealth [purchased]

Talents: Weapon Training (Projectile) [Adeptus Arbites granted]; Quick Draw [Desperado granted]; Psychic Null [Untouchable granted]

Weapon Training: Projectile

Weapons: Sawed-Off Shotgun [BCOLOR=#36393e](Pistol, 15m, S/2/-, 1d10+4I, Pen 0, Clip 2, Rld Full, Scatter, Reliable, Average)[/BCOLOR] [many thanks to our almighty GM!]

Equipment: Microbead, Photo-visor contacts, Forearm weapon mount (thx GM) ; 3 doses of stimm, manacles, 12 lho sticks (Adeptus Arbites granted)

Cybernetics: N/A

XP: 50 = 1000 -300 (Untouchable) - 450 (Psychic Null) - 100 (Dodge) - 100 (Stealth)

Divination: X3 = 17 = Be a boon to your allies, and a bane to your enemies (Hatred: Xenos)

Extra

Build: Maximal - 1.95 m / 100 kg
Background Memento: Expired wanted poster
Homeworld Memento: Plasteel Marble
Homeworld Superstition: Placate the Machine Spirit
Quirk: Smells of metal
Coloration: Tan skin, brown hair, blue eyes

Bonuses

Adeptus Arbites - Face of the Law
Forge World - Ommnisiah's Chosen
Desperado - Move and Shoot

The first round of Character Sheet reviews will be tomorrow. I'll be looking over your character sheets, pointing out anything you did wrong and let you know how to fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.