Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, magical, action, sci-fi, romance, modern, slice of life.
"Well hello there newcomer! Come to take up the sheriff job are we? Wow, you got balls kid. Haven't you heard this little town is infested with outlaws of all kinds? Even the legendary Grim?! Eh, no? Well you already signed the contract... To late to turn back now I suppose! Here's your badge kid, now get!"

So this is a RP that takes place in the Oooooooooold West at a small town called DeadRock (for several reasons.) As the mayor said, it's often used as a hub for outlaws, criminals, and murderers, none more feared then Grim, a mysterious man only seen by those who are about to be killed. In this world, fantasy races like cyclopses, elves ex. are pretty common. You can play as whoever you want, be it a townsperson, newcomer, outlaw, or the new sheriff *nudge, nudge* Magic is fine too, just no godmoding and smut goes to PMs.
OOC Thread: OPEN SIGNUPS - DeadRock Town (Western Fantasy) OOC
Role-play: OPEN SIGNUPS - (Western Fantasy) Deadrock Town

Credit goes to: @Crono the original creator.
Original thread: (Western Fantasy) Bulhit Town

#1Mar 24, 2015
Last edited: Mar

Last edited:
This is the interest check thread. Make a thread in the right section which I believe is called 'group rp' and provide a link to us or just tag us.

IC is In Character, just like OOC is Out Of Character. Unless I have been taught wrong.

See the tag at the top of the screen right below the advertisement for some rp or advise for rping? It says 'Roleplay Search' followed by 'Interest Checking & Creation'. Plus this has all of us saying interested in it, which is something that I don't normally see in the IC. But you are correct in that IC does mean In Character and OOC means Out Of Character.

This is the interest check thread. Make a thread in the right section which I believe is called 'group rp' and provide a link to us or just tag us.
IC is In Character, just like OOC is Out Of Character. Unless I have been taught wrong.
See the tag at the top of the screen right below the advertisement for some rp or advise for rping? It says 'Roleplay Search' followed by 'Interest Checking & Creation'. Plus this has all of us saying interested in it, which is something that I don't normally see in the IC. But you are correct in that IC does mean In Character and OOC means Out Of Character.
@Beowulf is correct. The forum that we're in right now is the interest checks forum, not the in-character forum (but since they can technically both be abbreviated as 'IC', I can understand where the confusion is coming from).

To start your RP, @Necropolis, you have to make a thread in the in-character forum, which is where all the in-character posts will be made. Additionally, out-of-character comments are not permitted in in-character threads, so all the posts in this thread of "I'm interested" would normally not be seen in an in-character thread.

An interest check thread exists to attract players, gauge interest for an idea, and develop that idea further. In that way, it is much more similar to an OOC thread than an IC (in-character) thread, despite its unfortunate initials. ^^"

Does all of that make sense?

@Beowulf is correct. The forum that we're in right now is the interest checks forum, not the in-character forum (but since they can technically both be abbreviated as 'IC', I can understand where the confusion is coming from).

To start your RP, @Necropolis, you have to make a thread in the in-character forum, which is where all the in-character posts will be made. Additionally, out-of-character comments are not permitted in in-character threads, so all the posts in this thread of "I'm interested" would normally not be seen in an in-character thread.

An interest check thread exists to attract players, gauge interest for an idea, and develop that idea further. In that way, it is much more similar to an OOC thread than an IC (in-character) thread, despite its unfortunate initials. ^^"

Does all of that make sense?
Yes, I believe so... I apologize for the confusion, and you have my apologies @Beowulf for not believing you. I'll go ahead and make some changes to everything for this most unfortunate mix up.

Status
Not open for further replies.