Western fantasy by way of Ancient Egypt

Thank y'all for the interest! I'll start looking at making this happen, then.

In the meantime, if y'all have questions/ideas, I'm more than happy to discuss them here! While I have an idea of how things are gonna be, obviously not everything is fleshed out yet, so it's possible and indeed likely that you may inspire some aspect of it.

Last edited:

Red Thunder

A Warrior in a Garden
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Modern, Magical
baaf8b822d72d4372dd6305ad6ccf247.jpg

Good evening!

I've been itching to do an original / historical fantasy for a long while, most notably set in the oldest culture we have any appreciable amount of information on: Egypt. As a concept, it's still VERY early in development, as a great deal of consideration needs to go into very many aspects of the historical fictional setting, most notably the Egyptian pantheon, which varies wildly across the millennia. In very basic concept, I'm looking at the plot concerning some form of conflict between the gods of Egypt, possibly involving Osiris, Horus, Set, and Anubis, with heavy influence from the Osiris Myth, with Set trying to claim the throne from Osiris. I do want to include a western take on the setting, to a degree: namely, involving multiple races of various origins, the inclusion of magic, and your more prototypical Tolkienian ideas, while still remaining as true to the spirit of the more Eastern ideas of Egypt as possible. Tho I'm not terribly knowledgeable about ancient Egypt, I've got a student mentality and a good internet connection. So I feel confident that the story/setting would feel coherent and true to the source material.

Anyway, there's my sales pitch. My goal with this post is to see whether it'd be worth the effort. Lemme know below if it piques your interest! Just bear in mind: I'd basically be building this from the ground up off scattered bits of foundation from myth, so it will be at least two months before it gets started.

Thanks!

See y'all in two months

Sphinx cat girls required

• Haha
Reactions: Red Thunder
Interested to see how this one turns out.

Sphinx cat girls required
Here ya go:

1595475208714.png

Keep it, I've got plenty.

1595475254932.png

[Innocent look] What?

I'm a bigtime Egypt nerd, so consider me interested. :)

Gib more.

My animeizing beam is already charging up to fire.

Reactions: alexia
Update! I'm looking at a mystical/magical origin to the Bronze Age Collapse, very likely involving Set and Apophis the Snake God of Chaos. It'll likely touch on the surrounding major civilizations to some small degree, as well as (naturally) the Sea Peoples.

That said, is there anything in particular you'd like to see in the setting? Anything about that time period or the civilizations in the time period you want included? No promise it will be, but can't know without asking.