(Western Fantasy) Bulhit Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theo sighed in relief for the explanation, but flinched when Lou put her hand on his neck, but slowly settled down. His hand was shaking slightly, and it took a few tries to sheath his sword. It took him a while to find his voice again.
"I don't mind shape shifters, but I fear snakes. It's fine though, I gotta get over my phobia." He said, ruffling his hair uneasily..
"So, as Lou said, what business do you have with us." He motioned to the her.n

Yes, I wish to know the same thing. I heard you slither into the saloon a while back, but I thought nothing of it because of the desert-like environment. I have no complaints to a traveling companion, but you might want to stick close to me. I have no phobias left, as I have battled scarier creatures than you could ever become. Brad calmly says this, but lets her and hints to the rest of the company that nothing they say or do will threaten or scare him. The only thing I am scared of is people randomly scaring me from behind. I don't deal well with being startled.

She looked up for a moment, at the sky, and then back down, looking at Brad.
"I apologize. The name is Lilith." She said as she rattled again.
She looked at the young elf and slithered closer to Brad.
She tasted the air.
"Hmm..."

"I'm Theo." He said, unsure of whether she heard it or not beforehand.
He recoiled slightly when she slithered by. He had no problem with her, but it was a habit for him with snakes.

1593750783.jpg

Sahra slowly wandered out from her room in the saloon's upper floors. She was a beautiful woman of a very pale, porcelain complexion and highly popular amongst the men folk of these here parts- much to the displeasure of their wives. They'd ride from their ranches and farms for miles around for a little poke in the sack. Immediately her grey eyes sought out Lou, the saloon's owner and her employer but at the bar was one of the other girls. Immediately Sahra's thoughts went to breaking into Lou's rooms. Surely she had some coin hidden away for emergencies. Such a stash, if looted, could get her clear into the next state.

No, that would be a bad idea. She had to remind herself that she wasn't interested in such paltry sums. What she wanted was more information on the nearby bank and more importantly when payrolls came in or when the local ranchers were depositing their earnings from lucrative deals. Admittedly, being a single outlaw and not being part of a larger group was going to make things more difficult.

What few people knew was that Sahra was a wanted woman. She had been the girl of one Victor "The Volcano" Molone and had robbed banks, stagecoaches, trains and all manner of villainy. They had been about to leave the country with their plunder when the Marshals finally caught up with them. As far as she knew, none of the rest of the gang including Volcano had survived. It was her sorcery that had made the difference. She was good at befuddling minds and casting illusions. These things were of immense value when one was dealing with pistols and lever action rifles. One couldn't hit what they couldn't see and, moreover, when one shot at what wasn't there they gave away their place of hiding.

"Just get away from here while you can, this is no place for strange men. Death stalks these hollow lands, fate would be brought to your hands. Run, and run now before it is to late...To escape from you unlucky fate." Rebecca warned before getting back up onto her feet and wiped her face clean of tears before looking at the two men. "Go now, and never come back...for you shall wear these mask of black." She then mounted Maggie and rode off towards the horizon with a broke heart as she was beginning to fall apart. She knew better than to look back since her death was more of a chance.​

She felt she had regained enough energy and her snake form was covered in black. She began to grow and became her girl self again, the red snake skin shedding off now.

Anime-Girls-random-role-playing-11411052-425-601.jpg

"Sorry to startle you if I did, Theo." She said as she turned to him, panting from the transformation.
She pulled out one coin and held it out to him.
"Here. You may have this if you wish." She said.
She wasn't very tall, she was just a bit shorter than Brad so she didn't have to bend over too awfully much, in fact she bent over so slightly you could hardly notice.
She gave him a small smile before turning back to Brad.
"I do not believe I caught your name, nor that woman's over there. Do you mind if I ask what they are?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Theo heard a step creak as a lady in white descended. He stared for about three seconds, but shook his head slightly to get out of the daze. When lilith gave him the coin, he blushed slightly. "Th-th-thanks... but I don't really need..." He looked down at the coin in his hand.
"I'm sorry about my actions a bit ago." He bowed his head slightly.

"Oh! It is quite alright. I would kill a snake if it rattled, too." She said as she chuckled slightly and smiled.
She gave a little pat to his head and stood straight up again.

Brad is a little unsettled by the smelling at first, and is about to inquire further when she transforms. He is about to reply to her when John once again speaks through the mask, his voice obviously differing from Brad's. Listen little shapeshifter, this child may have placed his trust in you early, but don't get any ideas... because I still need proof that you can be trusted. Brad literally falls backwards as he grunts in pain again. You know that breaking through the seal in the mask hurts, so why do you do it John? I can't pull it off until we get to a secretive place where people won't freak out, remember? Sorry about John, Lilith, he is rude sometimes, especially when it comes to strangers. My name is Brad. Brad holds out his hand, but yanks it back as a pinprick of blood leaks from his finger. No touching...

She quirks an eyebrow. "It's quite alright... Do you need something for that small wound?" She asked, trying to be as nice as possible.
Lilith smiled slightly, still panting a bit.

img-thing
Sahra found herself surprised by the demon girl with the crimson eyes. That would not go over well with the locals that was certain. People around here were scared of witches, warlocks, vampires and demons. She rather suspected that they'd probably have her either burnt at the stake or tied to a chair and dunked in a nearby lake fairly soon. Maybe Sahra could use that to her advantage. A shapeshifter would be quite useful in a number of different ways. Imagine how easy it would be to get into a bank vault when one could become a snake or similar small animal!

Thankfully nobody had yet noticed. The men in the corner were still playing poker, intent on a rather large pot, and the man playing the piano hadn't saw fit to turn and peer about at the girl.

Looking somewhat alarmed Sahra beckoned the girl up towards the bedrooms on the upper floor and hurried down to meet her half way with something to wrap around the young girl's head. She had to get the girl back up to her room quickly!

Lilith looked over and quirked an eyebrow.
"It seems as though that woman was calling me... I shall return my friends. Please excuse me." She said as she walks over closer, reluctant.

Lilith, wait. Despite the fact that he doesn't like you yet, John has something to say. Don't be scared... Brad pulls off the mask, revealing his half metal face. The metal side speaks, being as John is contained there. Be careful with that woman little shifter... I sense her ill intentions. You musk trust me on this, don't let her lure you... You already agreed to go with Brad and the other two. Brad replaces the mask and says You heard the spirit, be careful. I'll wait for you if you want... I don't like leaving people behind. Brad frowns sadly at that statement as he remembers something, but he shakes it off and stares into Lilith's eyes as he waits for a reply.

Stepping lightly down the stairs, arms out at her side, she hurried awkwardly down the steps in her high heeled boots. At first opportunity she handed Lilith a scarf. Sahra then ushered the girl towards the stairs with one slender arm. She needed to get the girl under cover and hidden away before she was noticed.

"Come with me demon," she whispered quietly, tugging up on her hood rather than use the scarf she had brought, "What are you thinking, showing your true face in public?"

Then she caught sight of the creepy man with the iron mask. It lent her pause. Only criminals wore such things. She had to wonder if he was some sort of supernatural being or some murderous thug. Either way, he had to be keeping his identity secret for a reason. If he wasn't careful he'd likely be lynched too.

She pulled away from her and took the scarf off of her face, backing off a bit.
"I do not know you. State your name."
She said, starting to sound a little annoyed.
Before she could answer, she backed off a little more, glancing at Brad.
Her eyes showed slight fear.

Brad is about to step up and shield Lilith when he cries in pain as the mask rattles. Fine! Brad takes off the mask and puts it away, immediately relieving the pain he looks up with small tears in his eyes before the metal takes over the skin cells. images (5).jpg John looks at Sahra with his robotic rd eyes and says in his true ethereal voice.
Sahra, I thought it was you, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't make any random assumptions. Don't worry about anyone eavesdropping on our conversation. I've put up a seal which makes our little talks a secret. All the other people see is Brad who looks perfectly normal, but unconscious and you have simply disappeared. Listen you, I beat you last time we met and I can do it again, so stay away from my host and his companions, understand? Grim has plans for the four of them, including the shapeshifter, and we don't need you messing up his plans. I will be seeing you again, but next time, it shall not be so peaceful. You have been warned robber. John removes the seal and Brad wakes up, feeling completely fine but knowing perfectly what had just transpired and was looking at Sahra with curious eyes as he puts the mask back on, hiding his face once again.

Oh, that was wonderful. She was specifically trying to avoid a scene and the girl was threatening to create one. An emphatic statement of denial and sudden movements drew attention. Already a couple of poker players had raised their eyebrows, peering over their cards. They likely weren't interested enough to pause or abandon their game but that wouldn't last long, particularly if they caught sight of her crimson luminescent eyes.

"I'm Sahra," the whore quickly stated, "and if they see your eyes you're as good as dead."

Then the voice echoed in her head. She had no idea who this voice was, nor did she have any clue who this undead thing was in front of her. It spoke like it knew her. Nothing it said made any sort of sense. All she knew for sure was that, in this, she had the upper hand. With but a shrill scream she could call the Sheriff down upon this undead monster like a ton of bricks.

Last edited:
"I know this all good and well." She said as she tilted her head down, casting a shadow on her eyes.
"I've seen it happen. What you humans call demons or witches are burnt to death. A horrible way to die."

Brad looked around, pretending to not know what had transpired between that Sahra person and John, but he knew that even with the secrecy seal, he couldn't stay here. Brad turns to Theo, sadness in his eyes as he says I'm sorry, but I should go... I'll be waiting outside. Brad doesn't wait for a reply as he exits the building, almost forgetting about the thugs before a bullet almost tears his head off. Brad puts his hands up as one of the thugs walks out. It was one of the thugs from earlier that day that ran away because of his face. The thug puts a shotgun to his head as at least 9 more thugs walk out from behind buildings and barrels. Take off your mask freak. As soon as the thug said that, Brad knew what this was about. Brad, much like John, has the ability to take spare skin and cover his metal while still looking normal, also changing his mechanical eye to match his human eye. He takes off his mask and his smooth face was perfectly fine, save for the scars from earlier. All of the thugs lower their guns save for two, the one with the shotgun and the leader. The leader shoots the thug with the shotgun in the head, and puts his gun away. Sorry kid, my crew member was being an idiot. My name is Bones, or Jones Bones. Whatever you did to make my partner go awol, don't do it again, because I am the best shooter in all the West. The only one better is Grim, but you still don't want to mess with me. Bones slightly waves as him and his thugs leave the premisis, letting traffic flow again.

(P.S. @Assallya , the pub is pretty much empty because of the bullets shot many minutes before, save for a secret room in the back which @Worsel can tell you about.)

Status
Not open for further replies.