Werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's fine. It gets easier every year, but it's still hard to lose someone that close to you."

"I understand," Willow replied. At least he survived. Some people don't survive the death of their mates.

He turns to you. "If you don't mind me asking, have you lost anyone close to you?"

"I don't mind. I lost my whole pack to another wanting to claim that territory. They wiped everyone besides me out. That was about as long ago as your loss. I don't watch the date as closely though. I got over it. No one I was extremely close with, like a parent, sibling, or mate. I had no siblings, and my parents had left the pack long before that. But oh well," Willow explained.

"It's always hard, losing someone you love. Its probably good you didn't know them. It would've been that much harder to get over." He pauses, unsure how to continue.

"Yeah..." Willow said. She didn't think he should have any more sadness to deal with right now. "Well, I'll leave you to your mourning," Willow stated as she started to walk back towards the cave to try to sleep.

"Hold up. I'll go with you. Tobias might come back. I'll stand watch at the cave entrance while you and the others sleep." He jogs up and falls into step beside her.

"Oh, okay. Thank you. I hope he is at least courteous enough to wait til morning to attack," she growls in a low tone. "He gets on my nerves, but don't you need sleep?"

"Eventually. But I've spent the last three years on the run, calling no specific place home. Lack of sleep doesn't really bother me. And I wouldn't worry about Tobias too much. He came alone this time, in error. He might come back, but I doubt it. He'll most likely go and get the rest of the pack. Get some sleep. I'll keep watch."

"Okay," Willow said quietly, as to not wake the others. She crawled into the cave and laid down to try to sleep.

(We can skip to morning if you don't have anything else to say at night.)

Once again Rowan's wary rest was disturbed by the arrival of another wolf. He moved aside automatically and looked at the stranger in confusion.

"Just how many of you guys are there?" He asked.

Levi sits at the entrance, watching the night.

Seven hours later...

Levi continues to sit at the entrance. He's only moved to go to the bathroom in the woods. The sun was just peeking over the eastern horizon.

Willow didn't think she had slept long when she woke up, but that was okay. The sun had started rising and was in her eyes. She stretched out like a cat, and stood up. "Good morning, wolves that happen to be awake, " Willow said.

Rowan woke up stiff and hungry. He crawled out of the den to stretch and scratch the now-scabbing wounds he'd gotten last night.

Levi looks behind him and sees Willow stretching. "Morning. Did you sleep well?"

(Sorry, I'm grounded right now. This is the last post I'll post form at least a couple of days.)

"I did, thank you. Did you sleep at all? You do need sleep, no matter how long you can last. You'll need it if it comes to it, us fighting," Willow said, yawning. She got up and looked at the wolves scattered about. Some of them had left. That was okay.

"Yeah, I know. Can you keep watch for a couple hours? I'll be up in five."

"Yeah," Willow said, walking towards the entrance of the cave to stand guard. "Go get some sleep," she then disappeared, so that if someone does come, they won't see her.

Levi beds down, and almost instantly falls asleep. For the first time in three years, he doesn't have any noghtmares.....

Willow, as Levi falls asleep, stands and watches the sun rise in the sky, making the snow shine. She didn't smell any other wolves besides the ones from yesterday so far. She hoped that she wouldn't. She sat down and watched the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.