Werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
She curled up tightly in her sleep. Willow then opened her eyes, still curled up. Why do I keep fainting? she thought to herself. She realized that she was in the den. The wolf that didn't want to be disturbed had pulled her here. At least most of the wolves around here are nice. I actually will make this my territory. These wolves can stay here; I wonder if all of us will become a pack.

Rowan heard stirring and lifted his head to look back at the female wolf.

"If you want me to leave I can," he said.

"No, that's alright. I do not mind you staying in here," she whispered.

((Last post tonight.))

"Oh, good. It's cold and wet outside and I'd rather not try to dig myself a burrow right now," Rowan said, settling back. He shifted a bit to one side so he wasn't blocking the entrance.

"I'll just go back to sleep," Willow whispered, "You should do the same."

Levi beds down about midway back in the cave. He falls asleep, but can wake in an instant.

Willow opened her eyes slightly when the wolf laid down. She hoped that the harmful wolf did not come back for him.

Levi wakes up. Being careful not to disturb the others, he walks out of the cave and climbs on top of it, sitting down and resting his elbows on his knees. He looks up at the moon and says, "Hey Alysse. It's been four and three years today. Four years since our wedding, and three since your death. It gets a little easier to bear each year, but it's still hard. I just wish... I wish you were here with me. I miss you, and I know you're looking down on me. I love you." He bows his head and starts to weep quietly.

Willow was still awake, unable to sleep for some reason that night. She opened her eyes slightly when Levi walked out of the cave. She wondered where he was going, but didn't follow him because it wasn't her business. She was thinking about taking a walk, though.

((Wait--was Levi there the whole time?))

Standing up, Levi does something he hasn't done since his mates death. He morphs into his wolf and rests on his rear haunches. Turning his muzzle towards the moon, he howls, a high, keening sound, full of loss, sadness, and heartbreak.

Willow waited awhile. After about thirty minutes, she heard a wolf's howl. She recognized Levi's voice, but it was filled with sadness. She wondered why. Willow got up, sort of, in a crouch. She tip-toed, in the shadows, closer to the mouth of the cave. She peeked out, and saw Levi. She sat down, still in the shadows so no one saw her, and watched.

((By the way, Willow has always been in her wolf form, never in her human form, in this roleplay.))

Rowan hadn't noticed any other wolves in the cave; at Levi's movement he scrambled away, tensed to run, but soon realized the other wolf wasn't particularly interested in him. Cautiously he slunk back into the den.

Levi finishes his lonely howl. Bowing his head he smells someone... Willow. Without raising his head, he says, "Come out Willow. I can smell you standing there."

Willow crept out of the shadows. "Why do you sound so sad? If it's too personal you don't have to answer," she asked. It was a really sad howl, so it must be really personal, she thought.

"It's fine. Today was mine and my mates anniversary. We were married four years ago. She was killed on this day three years ago. It's my way of remembering her. I'm sorry if I woke you."

"I wasn't sleeping. I could not tonight for an unknown reason." Willow answered quietly, "but thank you for being considerate. I'm sorry for your loss. I understand how you must feel." She lowered her head in respect.

"Thank you. It's good to share it with someone. This is the first time in three years I haven't been alone on this day.

"Well, I know it's a private thing. I wouldn't have been watching if I had know what it was about," Willow said. She wondered what it was like, to lose someone you loved that much. Mates were for life, and when they got separated, especially by death, it was horrible. Not that she knew much about that, her parents had told her. She had lost her whole pack, so grieving is at least known to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.