Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, psychological horror, dsytopian

i... have never used css in my life and i'm doing a struggle
i'll keep fooling around with this to learn, but i think i'm going to focus on actually posting my search thread first??

Last edited:
61CySdg.jpg

In hell, I"ll be in good company
rules cravings plots samples​

holy crap is the coding different on here than what i am used to. rip.
ABOUT ME: 29, she/her, panromantic ace, EST. You can call me Jenna or Deb. I'm a legal assistant working to get my paralegal degree so that damn English degree I earned isn't so useless, so I'm probably tired the majority of the time. I have a girlfriend and two fur children. One of them has a perpetual blep, and it's great. (It's not my girlfriend, for the record. It's my dog. Just to clarify.) I like videogames, books, and music, and I'll happily fawn over those things with you if OOC is your jam. I write third person, past tense, and my posting length leans more towards novella length if left to my own devices, but I can write less if that's your comfort zone. I'll adapt.

ABOUT YOU: You obviously are over 18 if you are posting here, which is great, because I am old and writing with minors at this point in my life is just strange. Other than the obvious age requirement (which you've already passed, you lucky duck), I ask that my partners write in third person, past tense, and that they have a decent grasp on spelling and grammar. Will I smack you with a ruler if you mess up? Nah. I'm pretty chill. Other than that, as long as you contribute to the plot/story and give me enough to work with, we're fine. That said, I probably do need more than two paragraphs from you to keep interest. That's it! Jazz hands.

PREFERRED WRITING MEDIUM: Either threads or direct messages. That said, the coding on here is drastically different from the site I came from, so it won't be anything fancy in terms of posting layouts. I am trying but uh. Yikes. I will adapt and overcome but it'll be a hot minute. I can also be convinced to do google docs, email, and maybe discord. I'm happy to use discord for ooc purposes, though!

POSTING FREQUENCY: On my end, I can post once a week minimum, unless life happens. I'd promise more, but I work full time at a law office, I'm also working on a second degree, and I have depression. I'm not going to promise more than I know I can actually give; it's not fair to either of us. As for you, a post is a post. I'm super patient-- if it takes you two months, we're good as long as I know you aren't dead in a ditch somewhere.

ROMANCE:​

Last edited:
  • ROLEPLAY SEARCH
    ABOUT ME: 29, she/her (maybe they/them?), panromantic ace, EST. You can call me Jenna. I'm a legal assistant working to get my paralegal degree so that stupid English degree I earned isn't so useless, so I'm probably tired 3/4 of the time. I have a girlfriend and two fur children. One of them has a perpetual blep, and it's great. (It's not my girlfriend, for the record. It's my dog. Just to clarify.) I like videogames, books, and music, and I'll happily fawn over those things with you if OOC is your jam. I write third person, past tense.

ABOUT YOU: You're preferably 18+ because I'm old and roleplaying with minors is weird. It's not you, it's me. I'm old. Otherwise, I just want a decent grasp on spelling and grammar from you, and for you to contribute to the plot/story. I also prefer that you also write third person, past tense. That's it. Jazz hands.

PREFERRED WRITING MEDIUM: Private messages > threads > discord > anything else. I finally caved on discord; in the past, I refused to use it to rp at all, but it's nice for ooc and the servers are convenient. (Basically: I stopped being old and cranky about discord and have embraced change. Huzzah.) That said: I don't give it out until I am pretty sure you aren't a creep, so I'd rather chat/get through the plotting phase on site first. I'm one very anxious bean, okay, let me have this.

POSTING FREQUENCY: On my end, I can post once a week minimum, unless life happens. I'd promise more, but I work full time at a law office, I'm a student, and I also have anxiety/depression. I'm not going to promise more than I know I can actually give; it's not fair to either of us. As for you, a post is a post. I'm super patient-- if it takes you six+ months, we're good as long as I know you aren't dead in a ditch somewhere.

POSTING LENGTH: I like writing lengthier posts, and can easily go above 1,000 words if given enough to work with. I won't force myself, and some scenes require far less, but that's how I tend to write. Prefer shorter posts? Okay, just let me know. As long as I have enough to work with, we're golden. That said, I probably need more than a paragraph from you or I'll lose interest.

ROMANCE: It's not necessary to write with me. Platonic relationships are underrated. If there is romance, though, it has to develop slowly and naturally-- give me that slow burn romance, the kind where characters lay awake at night pining, and all the cute shit. As for orientation: gay/queer romance > hetero romance. I'm not straight and my gender is something I'm currently poking with a stick because I just love having an identity crisis in my late twenties, but my point stands. My characters tend to be some flavor of queer too. I can and will write cishet romance, but it has to be an excellent plot to get me to bite.

STAR CONTENT: I am open to it with people 18+ after the story's been going for a while, and the story would of course move accordingly to the Red Star section of the site. For whatever it's worth, I don't mind smut with characters who are 18+, but I am on the ace spectrum and so I don't... really feel the need to make a separate Red Star search thread. Is it fun to write sometimes for characterization purposes/for the heck of it? Sure! Do I have headcanons for characters and the dirty things they're into? Loads. Just because I'm ace doesn't mean my characters are. I'm not sex adverse, so hey, it's on the table with people who qualify/are interested. I sure as heck am not discussing it here though. I'll talk my limits on this front when/if it becomes relevant.

FANDOM: I only do canon x canon or oc x oc, with a huge preference for canon characters. Sorry, but I've been burned one too many times to mix the two. You cannot currently convince me otherwise: my free time is too limited right now for me to consider writing things that I know is a gamble. Sorry!

FACE CLAIMS: I literally couldn't care less about this. Want to use them? Cool. Have a preference for real people/anime? Cool, let's do that thing you prefer. Don't like to use them? Sweet, let me describe my character in text. I'll follow your lead because I couldn't care less. Honestly, I don't know why this is a hill people die on; until five minutes ago I didn't even know there was a hill. My lands are flat and relatively corpseless, apparently.

OOC: Optional, but a bonus. I like sharing headcanons, playlists, mood boards, memes, ect. Not your cup of tea? That's fine, I'll just hoard them like some weird meme gremlin. It's what the good lord would have wanted.

NOPE: I will never do anything involving the following: roleplaying celebrities, pregnancy of any kind, furries, incest, high school settings (at least not without a twist of some kind), pure "crack" plots, slave/master dynamics, and anything involving needles because I'm phobic. Unsure of something? Please ask!

CLOSING: PLEASE have something in mind when you contact me. It doesn't have to be something extremely concrete; an inkling of a plot or just a character you'd like to play is an excellent start. Let's just say it's a pet peeve of mine to be asked what I want to do when I've given someone a list. Literally. If you can't decide between a few things, that's fine! Just... don't be that roleplayer that asks, "You want to rp Umbrella Academy? Or these fifty other things on your list?" and we're good. Yes, I want to write that, that's why I listed it, you absolute chestnut. I'm old and cranky; don't make me come over there.

The obligatory rules post is complete. Onward to the actual interesting things, yeah?
  • ROLEPLAY SEARCH
    original
    These are super vague starting points that I would love to write, but that need some fleshing out. I had a grand total of two full plots before I got to searching, but one is taken and the other I'm just burnt out on so! Here we go, vague as hell starting points instead.

INSPIRED BY MUSIC
    EXXUS ─ glass animals
    "When you see him
    Look him in the eye, look him in the eye
    And he won't dare to follow
    If you need to
    Hook him with your right,
    hook him with your right
    'Til he wiggles and wallows [...]
    You wake up with a hatchet over your head.
    I can see you running, I can see you running.
    Gone in the blink of my eye."
    Someone who cheated death x Death. It doesn't have to be a romantic pairing, but it could be interesting. Death doesn't get the chance to get to know anyone, after all, and after trying to collect what is owed to them over and over and over again, well... Death can't help but begrudgingly respect the effort.

GHOSTING ─ mother mother
    "I've been ghosting, I've been ghosting along.
    Ghost in your arms, ghost in your home.
    When you're tossing, when you turn in your sleep
    It's because I'm ghosting your dreams.
    And this is why I have decided
    To pull this old white sheet from my head.
    I'll leave it neat and tidy
    so that you'll know I'm out of hiding."
    Ghost x Living. Alternatively: different dimension shenanigans? Heck if I know, but the song is catchy and makes me want to write.

HOPE IN THE AIR ─ laura marling
    "I forgave you your shortcomings
    And ignored your childish behavior
    Laid a kiss on your head,
    and before I left, said, 'Stay away from fleeting favour.'
    No hope in the air, no hope in the water.
    And sadly not me, your last serving daughter."
    Youngest child of royalty x Someone trying to help them undo their parent's mistakes, save the world against all odds, and maybe fall in love along the way? The song is based on "King Lear" (in my opinion) so... have at. Help me worldbuild. I'd prefer fantasy, I think.

I AM STRETCHED ON YOUR GRAVE ─ kate rusby (cover)
    "Oh, the priests and the friars,
    They approach me in dread.
    Oh, for I love you still,
    Oh, my life, and you're dead.
    I still will be your shelter
    Through rain and through storm
    And with you in your cold grave
    I cannot sleep warm."
    This could be ghost x living again, but this song gives me fae vibes, or even witch x familiar vibes. I just want something lowkey spooky, lowkey the village outcast loving something distinctly "other" while everyone else cowers in fear.

SPACE GHOST ─ glass animals
    "Said to you, 'Why did you do it?'
    Touch the glass, I'll feel you through it
    Against the wall with the bracelets on
    You look bizarre in the apricot.
    You think that you're Space Ghost
    You're wanted coast to coast
    Fuck that shit, now I go
    My way and you go yours."
    Old partner in crime x criminal. The partner finally has their life together. They cleaned up their act and are on the straight and narrow now. Might even be engaged, with a white picket fence life, finally... until they get a call from the criminal, asking for help. One last crime, one last heist, and the criminal is done. The partner owes them, after all. The partner never got caught while the criminal rotted in jail, and it'd be a crying shame if that picket fence got ruined because of a snitch. (Maybe they were lovers, too, before? For added flavor.)

YOU'RE SOMEBODY ELSE ─ flora cash
    "Well you look like yourself
    But you're somebody else
    Only it ain't on the surface
    Well you talk like yourself
    No, I hear someone else though
    Now you're making me nervous."
    I'll add a plot when I'm not on mobile. It is an uphill battle I am currently losing.

WORD BANK
    labyrinths / conspiracies / murder / curses / crime rings / not-so-friendly-fae / dragons / royalty that saves themselves / dystopian societies / life after the apocalypse / coffeeshop au / thieves and vagabonds / fairy tales and fables / magical realism
    high fantasy / androids / androids as weapons of war / time travel / alternate universes / doppelgangers / strangers you once knew / lost in the woods / ghosts / oops wrong number / amnesiacs / back from the dead / unwilling heroes / not so imaginary friends
    found families / yandere / obsession / mmos / faustian contracts / bounty hunters / necromancy / time loops / enemies to friends to lovers
  • ROLEPLAY SEARCH
    In all seriousness: my nonexistent firstborn for most of these. All pairings, unless otherwise specified, can be romantic or platonic. Friends and found families are important too, you cowards. The pairing list isn't all inclusive-- I'm sure I forgot things, so ask away. Rare!pairs, crossovers, and AU are welcome too!

ANIME/MANGA
    • Demon Slayer
      • Inosuke x Tanjiro
    • Naruto (AU or canon-divergent only because I stopped mid-Akatsuki.)
      • Kakashi x Iruka
    • Mob Psycho 100
      • Reigen x Mob (Platonic only.)
      • Reigen x Serizawa
    • Mushi-Shi
    • Promare
      • Galo x Lio
    • Yu Yu Hakusho
      • Hiei x Kurama
      • Yusuke x Kurama
      • Kuronue x Kurama
    Most things from the 90's/2000's, to be honest. Let me relive my childhood.

GAMES
    • Ace Attorney
      • Phoenix x Edgeworth
    • Dandelion! Wishes Brought to You (more interested in something based on this)
    • Danganronpa (Currently watching Hope/Despair, about to start 3)
      • Komaeda x Hinata
      • Toko x Komaru
    • Dragon Age series
    • .//Hack GU
      • Haseo x Endrance
      • Haseo x Kuhn
    • Harvest Moon
    • Persona 3/4/5/Strikers
      • Fem!3MC x Aigis
      • Souji x Yosuke
      • Souji x Kanji
      • Chie x Yukiko
      • Ann x Makoto
      • Akira x Yusuke
      • Akira x Mishima
      • Akira x Akechi (I used to hate this ship so I've officially lost all control of my life due to P5R)
      • Akira x Kasumi
      • Ryuji x Sophia
    • Pokemon
    • Rune Factory series
    • Spirit Hunter series
      • Akira x Seiji
    • Story of Seasons
    • The World Ends with You
      • Joshua x Neku
    • Yakuza 0-6 (Always craving. Help. Just started 7, might restart series after. Haven't played the spinoff games.)
      • Majima x Kiryu
      • Majima x Nishitani
      • Kiryu x Nishiki
      • Kiryu x Akiyama
      • Akiyama x Hana
      • Daigo x Mine
    • Yuppie Psycho

BOOKS / MOVIES / TV / OTHER
      • Sokka x Zuko (aged up)
    • Good Omens (Book and/or TV version)
      • Aziraphale x Crowley
    • Harry Potter (Craving. Rowling is absolute trash so I'm rubbing my queer hands ALL OVER IT out of spite)
      • Harry x Draco (I have plots! )
      • Ginny x Luna
      • Hermione x Pansy
    • The Magnus Archives (I'm a new listener and just started S2. I am catching up fast.)
    • SCP Foundation Database (maybe)
  • ROLEPLAY SEARCH
    Once I scrounge up some samples from old writing sites, I'll put them here. In the meantime, hey, at least there's a spot for them? Look at me, remembering to leave a spot. It's an improvement.

This thread has been updated on 2/14/22.

Last edited: