Well, I'm certainly a user now

• Thread starter BrattyCommissar
  • Start date
B

BrattyCommissar

Original poster
Okay then.

What do you prefer to be called?
- Elendra. Or Elly for short, I suppose.

Boy, girl, or a mystery?
- Transgendered, but female pronouns preferred if you would be so kind.

How old are you?

Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying?
- I've roleplayed for a long time (longer than I knew what roleplaying was), and written as a hobby for longer still.

Do you like group Roleplays or just a single partner?
- Either

On a rainy day do you like jumping in puddles, or curling up on the sofa?
- Well, I usually prefer a sofa, but if there's ever a day I have to be outside, let it rain. Or let it snow. Precipitation is fun.

SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind?
- This (astonishing, isn't it?) (no, really, listen to it)

I feel that this isn't satisfactory. I'm going to ramble incoherently about myself for a little bit, I do hope you don't mind.

I'm Elendra, or Elly, or sometimes Ell, Elle, or El. Born and raised in Texas, currently living in California.

I'm not religious, but was raised in multiple types of protestant denominational churches.

I'm socially liberal, I have nary a clue where I really sit politically otherwise. Economics and the nature of government are hard and I can't pick a place to sit, especially when pragmatism battles with idealism.

I've got a few chronic incurable but not life ruining conditions / genetic disorders. I'm prone to complain about them but beyond some misery from them, my life isn't bad. For those curious about them, check out Ehlers–Danlos Syndrome (not one of the more serious varieties), Gastroparesis (mostly just chronic nausea and stomach pain), and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (really annoying / reason I can't drive)

I enjoy mythology, know a breadth of it offhand from years of reading, listening, studying in private. While I know a lot, I also know that there's a lot of interpretation and information that I'm not privy to, and therefore am open to learning more or hearing alternate takes on things. Although I still disagree with mainstream theory that Veles was a dragon or draconic. Stupid homogenizing indo-european mythological notions and their influence upon the interpretation of slavic mythologies. That aside, I'm mostly interested in meso-american mythologies, particularly those nahuatl deities, the teotl, although phoenician and hittite deities are a close tied for second. It's progressively harder to rank favourites after them.

I am very much into tabletop RP, have written extensive homebrew / pretty much made up my own stuff based on either 2d6 or variable success based d10 formats. d20 is for nerds.

Shhh, quiet. I recognize the hypocrisy.

As with others of the recent migration, I'm here because of that one thing with the guy.

You know the one.

Yeah, that asshole.

And I think that covers it.

ELENDRA!

I am not an asshole. Psh. I'm vocally challenged.

Great Migration, etc etc.

As with others of the recent migration, I'm here because of that one thing with the guy.

You know the one.

Yeah, that asshole.
Yeah, that fuckin' guy, ugh.

Also hi.

d17 is where it's at, Elly.

Well hello there Elendra, welcome aboard the community! 8D

*bows* Greetings and welcome to Iwaku. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance and I hope you have a wonderful time and make many memories here.

Well hello there Elendra, welcome aboard the community! 8D
Hello person I've not yet met! First person I've not yet met to welcome me to the site! I blame the invasion migrant fleet.

Hello person I've not yet met! First person I've not yet met to welcome me to the site! I blame the invasion migrant fleet.

Yes, there are quite a few of them now, and very active all over the forums. And since I am bad with names, I have no idea who is new and who is not, so I assume everyone has been here forever. O__O

You are now one of us! >:[

Yes, there are quite a few of them now, and very active all over the forums. And since I am bad with names, I have no idea who is new and who is not, so I assume everyone has been here forever. O__O

You are now one of us! >:[
I just hope my posting skills are literate enough for your standards

I just hope my posting skills are literate enough for your standards

D:<

... *squints*

I see what you did there! You sassy minx!

I see you've met our resident smartass. xD
Well now you're going to have to give the fine folks of Iwaku a list of the roles of each of the people coming along in the great migration. Can't just give Elly an official label and leave the rest of us hanging as total mysteries.

Well now you're going to have to give the fine folks of Iwaku a list of the roles of each of the people coming along in the great migration. Can't just give Elly an official label and leave the rest of us hanging as total mysteries.
I'm the smartass, you're the jerkass, Zed's the dumbass, and together we're some really shitty trio.

I'm the smartass, you're the jerkass, Zed's the dumbass, and together we're some really shitty trio.
Nope, not good enough, that's only three of us.

G0Y PLEASE.
I am obviously the Asshole.
This goy right here.