Well I Knew Politicians Can Be Assholes But...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as was mentioned by one of the officials, if they passed one useless bill, soon they'll be getting asked to pass more useless bills.

If there are consequences to having a state raptor, they'd have to evaluate it independently of where it's coming from. And if there aren't consequences, then passing the bill will just be to make some kids happy, which doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me.
If it was proposed under normal circumstances (adults coming up with a complex reason for it) then I would agree.

But this was only put in via special permission as an act of kindness to the kids.
And adults who try to change the animal in the future should intrinsically know that "Hey, this was just a nice thing for kids. Not your usual circumstance".

@☆Luna☆, @Kaga-kun, @Gwazi Magnum.

I agree that the politicians were being rather cruel, and that the whole situation was poorly handled, but so long as that bill was supposed to be real—which is what I gathered—I hold that objectivity trumps emotion in political affairs.

Ideally, they should have had a mock hearing, with the understanding being made that though they would "pass" the bill for the sake of the kids, that it wouldn't be accepted in any official capacity. Essentially, a scripted event.

Ideally, they should have had a mock hearing, with the understanding being made that though they would "pass" the bill for the sake of the kids, that it wouldn't be accepted in any official capacity. Essentially, a scripted event.
Just that would have worked too.

I didn't realize they could be this heartless.

Well... it's an entirely unnecessary bill. If it were passed as an official bill, would that cost any man hours? I honestly can't say.
However they could have done something for show I suppose. But hey, that's the reality of the political system.

"It would serve as a better mascot for planned parenthood."

rob-palmer-bald-eagle.jpg

Eagles are such peaceful creatures, known for their consumption of berries. They use their razor sharp talons... To grasp berries, yes, totally.

Fucking moron is the most unamerican American I've seen in a long time.

• Love
Reactions: Gonzo
I'm with Holmishire on this one. Useless nonsense bills are a waste of time and money. It isn't the duty of the elected representatives of the people to entertain small groups of children at taxpayer's expense, and in doing so make a mockery of the political system.

Status
Not open for further replies.