@growl

@Rin Mico

@Angelic Fusion

@Lawkheart

@viahra233

@DoomyCakez

@growl

@Angelic Fusion

(I tried to post in spoilers, cause...it turned out really long. >.>)

"I heard they found a way to no set place
That they're way ahead and winning but there's no real race
And they're feeding on the thrill of a chase
When they'll never find a way to keep the pace
I heard they found a way to build our dreams
Can they engineer a world in which we hear no screams
And I heard that they can make vaccines
But our sick routine isn't keen to relieve
I heard they found a way to see through walls
Do they have the sight to see my scars
And can they find a way to view who we are
Or does such vision just exist in the far
And can incisions ever fix all the vying that persists
Can a needle cure the evil through the arm
I'm told they have the means to travel to the stars
But can't journey to the start of the savage in our hearts
So if I'm ravaged and afraid
Damaged and apart, tired of charades
How can I clear the smoke that billows
Wade through to cope and chisel out a life that's worthy and of praise " - Journal Entry page 1 of 4

Lelou was guided by heavily armed men towards the above ground elevator. It was the only real way out, aside for the vents for air infiltration. Those had their own hazards. His wrist locks glowed red, indicating the use of his powers was forbidden and any such use would release a potent neurotoxin into his blood stream. After all, there were a lot of electronics. Wouldn't want those to go haywire. Even normally shielded equipment tended fail around him. Especially if he was charging--things tended to blow up.

Standing between the two guardsmen, the doors shut as the elevator lurched then hummed its way downwards, towards the world he'd come to know as 'home'. Before he could see his adopted family however, he would need to pay a visit to the clinic for a check up. As the elevator descended, the sides and doors became transparent, showing a massive layout. Everything was always clean, sterile and spartan-like. With the sound of a 'ding' like that of a bell chime, the doors slid open and Lelou waltzed out taking a right headed for the infirmary. Once there he was greeted by Dr.Celeste.

"Hello Lelou," This woman was much kinder in both her tone and the atmosphere she gave off in general. " I'm very glad your mission ended peacefully. I'm happy that Rillow wasn't killed. There are so few of you left."

Lelou unbuttoned and removed his shirt, then sat on the edge of the bed. In taking a deep breath, that's when it hit him. He allowed himself to feel the pain of his curse. Gritting his teeth, he latched onto the edge of the bed. For him, his power was great, but it slowly was slowly breaking him down. The agony of the molecules that made a person up was great. Which was why he always headed to the infirmary after a mission. It was to get something to ease his suffering.

Celeste rushed to him, kneeling in-front of him with a packaged syringe in one hand. "Hold on Lelou, hold on, okay? I'll give you your shot." She quickly pulled the pack age apart. What lie in the vial was a synthesized form of a venom. One that dimmed his nerves sensitivity.

Holding the syringe in her mouth, she tied a band tightly around his arm. She found a vein and then grabbed the needle, injecting into his veins. untying the slight tourniquet to let it flow through his body. She pulled the needle out, and threw it in the bio-hazard bin while holding up Lelou's upper body, letting it rest against her.

"Shh..." She whispered when he mumbled, helping him lie back on to the gurney bed. "It's okay, you can rest now." She told him, concern was more than evident in her eyes.

She honestly didn't know if she was doing the right thing, or what the "right thing" was if there was one in this case. She just wanted to ease his pain even for a moment. For Lelou, the world seemed...slower now. His reaction's to anything and everything were now a tenth of what they were normally. He couldn't move his arms, or his legs. He was completely at her mercy. But of anyone, he'd rather it be her. She at least seemed to give a damn. Even so, somethings were hard to fight against....

"They say tomorrow brings a brighter day
But do they know about the sorrow that's beyond the fray
Do they see all of the madness that man obeys
And can they understand that sadness won't go away
But it's okay cuz the truth is I'm feeling whole
Feeling like the emptiness inside has found a home
And I'm hopeful that my destiny is one of heights
One in which the apathy in me no longer strikes
And I wonder how this ending has come to pass
When just yesterday was carefree and full of laughs
But if there's certainty in anything it's what we have
Is but impermanent cuz no thing will always last
Yet still I can't help but question fate
Can't shake the feeling that I hold the key to great escape
And I feel in me a yearning that still endures
A spirit wandering and eager now to find a cure
Believe me this is pure essence
Pure intention
It goes beyond mere conversation and confession
It's much too vague to formulate into expression
But perhaps there's something greater that we've all been set in
And this is not to say I know the way
This is not to say attachment's been put away
This is not to say my love for you's been held at bay
And I don't possess or know a simple route to change
But it is to say I hold you close
And it is to say the love in me is more than most
And it is to say your absence has left it's mark
But I tell myself this plays within a bigger part
Now you are not the only way to make me whole
Know that I won't ever turn my heart to stone
You are not the only way to make me whole
And I won't ever turn my heart to stone
This is not the only way to make me whole
Know that I won't ever turn my heart to stone
This is not the only way to make me whole
And I won't ever turn my heart to stone..." (page 2 of 4)

While Lelou dreamed, he revisited those that he had killed. Ones locked in the back of his mind for him only to see. This included his first love, Cheyenne Peyton. The blond haired beauty was always in his thoughts. It was as though it were his curse to remember her so vividly as she was before she became something he had to destroy. And that too, he remembered clearly. Clearly enough, his emotions sank right back into place. As his eyes rolled back, they spotted the light fixture over head. It was mesmerizingly blinding. Just like the sun that day....

They were just kids. Two teenagers in love, talking about the rest of their lives like they knew any better. Their family lives had been shattered equally. For her, it was her mother's deep depression over her husband's death from illness that she took her own life. Bled out in a bathtub, with blood red water. For him, he never knew his mother. His father though, he knew all too well. A gambling man, and a drunk. Lelou, at the time wasn't called Lelou his given name was Augustus. Augustus Constantine. Augustus could tell his father's mood by the way his breath smelled. If it was anything light like beer, he was okay. If it was whiskey or vodka he was in for a beating.

His father would give him up. He didn't want or need the hassle. That's when he met Cheyenne. From there, it was like a summer's love; it didn't seem real, this warmth blossoming in his chest. He'd never felt anything like it. But he always knew there would come a day when she would leave, and he might not ever see her again. But when that day came, when people saw her and wanted her she had hid behind Augustus like she were terrified. Being the person he was, he stretched out his arms as if to deny them.

"We'll take him too." He heard the man say. He wasn't alone, a woman was there too.

That was the day their lives changed...for the worst.

It was Hell. They were stepping into oblivion. But he'd go anywhere she was just to be with her. He'd endure it if it meant just staying by his side. She gave him hope, she gave him courage. But it wasn't...it wasn't...

The moment when she'd turned, he felt the life flood right out of him. Someone was screaming. The world was ashes and dust. Smoke billowed around her as she stood amongst the rubble and debris. Her hair was flowing, it had turned silver from the reaction to the chemical infused to her. They were in a room, but no longer confined by the concrete walls. She had used 'vectors' to rip the room we were in apart. People were screaming, running for their lives. Invisible hands lashing out at them, displaying a grim brutality.

This was not the Cheyenne that he knew. He could then seem himself, laying among heaps and slabs of rock. He could see himself trying to get a grip on himself, reach out to her, saying her name in the most meager way.He crawled over jagged edges, scraping and tearing at him. All until he could latch onto her leg. However, she would lash out at even him. Dozens of hands gripped him. They gripped his arms, they gripped his legs--they gripped his throat. And as he hung in the air, completely at her mercy he could see in her face she was no longer the person he loved.

Her eyes had lost their vivid blue. The blue which reminded him of the oceans. They weren't vibrant, but dull. Even her face was an off color of white which he had never seen. This was not the Cheyenne that he knew. Tears began to swell up in his eyes. Not from the crushing weight of her vectors, not from the high possibility he could die. Not from the various contusions and lacerations or his broken ribs. It was all for her. She had gone away, far away to a place which he could not go or reach.

She threw him back always, casting him down from her precipice upon which she was delicately posed. His body plunged down upon rebar which punched through like he were paper. He laid there for several moments. Agony coursing it way through his veins instead of blood. And as he looked over, he saw the abomination ripping people apart. Limb by limb. It was as though she were a kid ripping the wings off flies and watching them crawl around. He knew what he had to do, he knew why. As looked down at the bloody rebar, he grabbed it at the base behind him.

He didn't know if he could pull it out. But a spark caught his eye, and with several painful breaths, reached over and grabbed the end sending a surge of electrical power through him like a conduit. The bar he had a hold of began to glow red hot, then yellow and finally white. He rolled over, breaking the reinforcing bar before shoving himself down hard on the ground forcing the bar free of his abdomen. He spat blood, he choked on it as he took a moment to let the pain ease up a little.

Stumbling to his feet, he heaved and panted while blood oozed out of him. He grabbed the bar, the very one he had been impaled on. Still glowing hot, he pressed it into the torn flesh, it boiled the flesh and blood alike causing to steam like any cooked meat. His jaw clenched shut from the excruciating pain. He pulled the bar back, still clutching the electrical cable in another hand. He moved his hand to cover the live wires; electricity arcing off him like he were a Tesla coil; thrashing about wildly striking other steel surfaces and arcing up into the sky.

Gripping the rod tightly, he held the sharp, serrated edge that had been broken in-front of him. His head had lowered and when it lifted again, his eyes were infused with energy. The glowed a vibrant blue color. He took one step, then two and before he knew it he was sprinting towards her raising one arm up. He stopped abruptly, he launched the rebar towards her. It was still glowing hot, but as he let go an electrical current from his hand propelled the metal towards her faster than sound. When it struck her through her backside, it perforated her diaphragm and jutted out in front of her. Her reaction came after she heard a loud 'crack' like thunder and looked down.

She blinked then looked back at him as he was panting, still in the position he was in when he threw it like a javelin. When she she teetered, he ran towards her. When she fell, he was there to catch her. No matter the pain or discomfort, he was always there for her. He cradled her head in one hand, pulled the bar out with another before hugging her body towards him. Tears were rolling down her cheeks as she kept apologizing. Telling him how scared she was, and how much pain she was in.

All he could say was...I love you. All he could do was hold her and rock. She put a hand on his face. It was so warm, so comforting that it hurt all the more.

"Do you remember my favorite color..?" She asked, her eyes staring into nothingness.

He watched himself clasp the hand to his face, securing it there as he nodded. "Yeah...yeah I do, it's purple--remember? Just like your favorite flowers Lilacs." He told her.

"Oh...I wonder what they mean..." She whispered.

Augustus cried, shaking his head at the reality. "They mean first love. Just like you..."

"Hey...Augustus, remember when we gave each other nicknames that only we could say?" She asked, her breaths becoming shallower and shallower.

"Yes, sweety I do. I called you Aster." He choked.

"I think I finally came up with one for you...Lelou..." She smiled weakly.

"Lelou?" He laughed, sniffling. "You always come up with weird names."

"Lelou...do you think if we are born in another time or another place...we could find each other..?" Her eyes were starting to close. Like twilight, the exuberance in her face was vanishing leaving him in the cold.

He leaned down, kissing her forehead. "Wherever you are, whenever you'll be there--I'll find you someway, somehow." His tears fell upon her skin, rolling down her cheeks to blend with her own.

She was dead.

He moved a hand over her face, stroking her cheek lightly and affectionately. He planted the softest kiss to her blood stained lips and wiped her tears. Picking her up, he carried her to the summit. He stood there, staring out into the distant sunrise. The sun didn't hold as much warmth in its entire being as the girl in his arms did in one hand. The wind swept past him, like he weren't even there. It blew through Cheyenne's silvery hair, making it shimmer like a speckled night sky.

"Augustus, a job well done. We never thought she would turn into an abomination." A cold voice called out from behind him.

"If you ever...use that name again," Lelou looked down at the chief scientist. "I'll kill you." He stared down at the man, a stern look on his face. "I'll kill you, I'll like doing it--I may just do it slowly. Piss me off, and we'll see what you should be scared of." He leaned closer to the man, electricity crackling in the air around him. "I'll bet it won't be an abomination either."

He walked on past, zapping the nonchalant man's hand making him grimace. "It's Lelou now. The name Augustus is to be forgotten..."

Lelou opened his eyes, it had been only a couple hours but his mind made him feel like it had been a couple lifetimes over. Sitting up on the edge of the bed, he gripped the edges tightly before Celeste came back in the room, stopping as she stared at him.

"Are you...okay? Does it still hurt?" She questioned softly, her face bore an expression of guilt and concern.

It was then he realized he was shedding tears and that his eyes burned. He inhaled sharply through his nose as he wiped his eyes, standing up. He put on a smile.

"No ma'am, I'm okay." He head towards her putting a hand on her shoulder in consolation. "Those kids need their instructor, no?" He kept his kind grin up. "Give me updates on Rillow, that's all I'll ask." He then turned to leave, the smile fading quickly.

"Okay, I'll keep you up to date." She responded.

Lelou waved his hand as he kept on walking towards the elevator. Once inside, he pressed the keypad set for the second floor down. Lean back against the rail, he rolled his head cracking his neck as he put on a more genuine face than the halfhearted expression he had on. When the door opened he stepped out towards the common room. He opened the door and stepped in.

Now he was their mentor, their instructor and their 'brother' all rolled into one.

"Hello everyone, I've returned. I brought number 11 home. She's in triage right now getting looked over." He sighed, looking over everyone. Some he did have to fight to get back, some were like Rillow and chose a less violent route. But he blame none of them. He understood quite well what they were going through.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shadicmaster
Status
Not open for further replies.