Welcome to Underworld High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katsuo looked, sightlessly over at the Vamon and shook his head. "No, no, no miss. Join a guild with me and I will make sure you outlive everyone else in the school." Katsuo nodded his head at the nephilim accepting the guild invitation. "Nice!" Katsuo shouted and high-fived the former angel.

Daten looked at Pandora." I can't tell what you are by your scent." Then he turned to the blind boy." You have just painted a target on your back, you idiot. You either best get some good people fast or join on with me. I will admit that you and the nephilium are strong together, y'all are no match for the elite guilds in our school." He turned back to pandora and leaned down, whispering in her ear." If you need to feed meet me outside the classroom in a few minutes." Daten then turned back to the blind boy.

"Eh, so what if I make some enemies. I'm confident enough in my skills that I'm certain no one will be able to kill me. You know what? I welcome anyone who wants to attack me. Because I know that I will not fall. Not to anyone. Ever."

He looks at Daten. Curious as to how he knows a nephilims power. He then pats katsuo on the back. "Please don't ask me fight for no reason. It's against my morals."

When the nephilim males's gaze met hers something about him snapped her out of it.Now she felt guilt for viewing him as food.After she looked at Katsuo she looked back at the nephilim male.The pale blackish grey finally retreating revealing the white s of her eyes again.For now she was in control again and she hoped that it would stay that way.

She waved at the male,"Hello."She said thinking maybe he had a good effect on her.Then again maybe it was all in her mind.

"I have no wish to fight you Katsuo, only to warn you." Daten stayed in his seat looking at the blind boy." And be careful what you say it may come back to haunt you"

Hearing the greeting from the girl, Syphereon gets up from his seat and approaches the girl. He bows. "Hello, there miss. I'm Syphereon but you may call me Syph for short. Do you have a name?" He surprises himself with his sudden assertiveness almost as if he was drawn to her.

Last edited:
"Tsk, save your warnings for someone who cares." Katsuo growled and walked away, tripping and falling to the floor. He quickly leapt back up and continued walking.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you'd turn your attention to me!" There was a crackling sound from the opposite side of the teacher's desk, a flash of violet light and a tall, dark figure erupted from the floor. His body was composed of inky blackness, pure necrotic energy tamed and tailored to serve as a body. The head was a bare, polished skull with crackling red gemstones for eyes. The creature half slithered, half hovered over to the lectern and cast his sparkling eye-gems around the room.

"You may call me Mr. Raharait. I see we have a good crop of students here this year!" He announced, voice booming as though it came from the bottom of a tomb. "Some old," his gaze briefly roamed over Daten and Aniela, Chloe, and a few others. "And some new." Istra shrank in her seat. "You've been provided with basic copies of the rules, but as your homeroom teacher I'm going to give you a few other bits of advice, just to get you oriented." He was pacing back and forth in front of the blackboard, his inky body blending in quite well.

"While I'm sure you may be distracted by our academy's hallowed traditions, do not forget to complete your scholastic assignments promptly and to the best of your ability. My colleague in the history department, Ms. Lathotep, has informed me that she will be collecting limbs from anyone who fails her class in a manner that will defy regeneration." If it was possible for a fleshless skull to grin more than he was already, he did.

"You may rest assured that we will not interfere with your activities when they take place within the appropriate areas. But they will only take place within the appropriate areas and any offensive action taken against the school itself or against a member of the faculty will be severely punished. We are your educators and guardians but we are also graduates of its practices, either by proxy or in actuality. As such, we ask, nay demand, your respect and obedience. Do not break the rules or disrespect us. Use a little common sense. A few examples of behavior I would not like to see repeated," here he looked pointedly at Syphereon, "Being chronically tardy," His head turned again, this time focusing on Heithis. "Attempted or successful unsanctioned dueling, and of course..." His voice grew soft, almost seductive, as his laser glare roamed around the room, finally settling on Katsuo. Even without eyes, the blind earth-manipulator would be able to feel the demi-lich glaring at him. "Touching an educator's possessions or violating his space. We may give you warning. We may not. So please be courteous."

• Love
Reactions: Hisoka Kobayashi
She surveyed the room again for good measure. So many people that were all so strange. From the clutz to the girl who radiated danger. How she w-

"Ladies and gentleman..." Snow's inner musings were interrupted by the teacher. Whoa. Now that was frightening. The fur of her tail stood up and her ears went flat, she'd definitely behave herself with that as a teacher. She followed his gaze as he pointed out a few students, praising several deities for herself not being one of them.nBut his instructions would be easy enough to follow, given her agenda. Survive and now, be respectful to her instructors. Avoiding troublemakers would likely be a good idea as well, and a guild could be helpful...

Syphereon raised his hand, for he does not like to be thought of as a slacker in any manner. "Excuse me! Mr. Raharait! I'm sorry for arriving tardy, my Scythe, peacemaker, was being rather stubborn this morning. It will not happen again."

Pandora looked back at Katsuo and sighed,"You don't understand...I have already outlived everyone else in my class at my last school."She said in a worried voice.Looking back at Daten she nodded,"I see.I should have guessed."She said watching him.Daten leaned down and whispering in her ear,"Thank you for your offer but...I could lose control."She whispered in a slightly shaky voice. The she noticed the nephilim male get up from his seat and approach her.He bowed which she hadn't expected,"Hello Syphereon.My name is Pandora."She said still acting somewhat reserved.

Upon hearing the new voice Pandora looked to the front of the class where it came from.What she saw was strange but almost normal compared to all of the other creatures she was used to fighting or meeting.Whatever he was he clearly had no blood so she knew he would be safe from her and perhaps be powerful enough to stop her should she lose control.

Last edited:
He sat back down as soon as the teacher had appeared because he knew that teacher was probably close friends with his father and that would not be wise to displease him. He whispered back to Pandora "it's a pleasure to meet you" then sensing how tense she was, he smiled.

Katauo laughed nervously and hid his face in embarrassement. He quickly scurried over to his seat and sat down, deciding it be best if he didn't disrupt the class again anytime soon.

She looked at Syphereon wanting to ask him something but she wouldn't dare risk getting in trouble.That clearly be a bad idea when her teacher looked like he could kill her by devouring her soul.She slightly shuttered at the thought and mouthed 'talk to you later' to him instead.Then she looked at Daten and nodded hoping to talk to them both later.

Syphereon liked that girl. Even though she seemed like she gave off a hellish, rebellious, bad girl aura, he liked it that way. He watched the way her lips moved and formed that last sentence. He got shivers and then looked up at the teacher, afraid he would anger the teacher.

Mr. Raharait relaxed a little as he read off the next set of announcements. Other than the occasional violent anecdote, he didn't threaten nearly as much as he had during his initial appearance. He went over the location of the dorms and cafeterias, meeting areas that could be registered for guilds, library privileges, and the distinction between free periods and free-study days. As he went over the minutiae of the rules, a subtle distinction became clear in regards to the school's policy on lethality.

While actually killing or maiming another student at the wrong time would provoke an investigation, merely fighting out of bounds was more of a "don't let us catch you at it" kind of affair. More than a few chaos-aligned creatures had been involved in the founding of the school. Where would the fun be without the opportunity for a little backstabbing between classes? Most of the period was taken up with minor rules and regulations in the student handbook, but before long, the bell was bonging, heralding the change in classes.

"...which is why it's important to pick up after yourselves if you eat in the quad outside," Mr. Raharait finished as the bells rang. He put his shadowy hands on his hips and sighed. "Is that the time already? Goodbye, children!" the undead horror intoned as cheerily as he could, waving. "And for those of you who have gym second period, good luck!" He remained at the lectern, watching the students get up and start to file out.

Katsuo sighed, and gulped down the nerves tearing at his stomach. "I can do this, I can handle this." He whispered to himself as he walked out of the classroom.

Istra took the opportunity to pull away from Aniela's group as quickly as possible, ducking past the utterly terrifying Mr. Raharait and trying to cozy up to Chloe and Daten, who she'd seen looking at her sympathetically earlier. Katsuo, the clumsy one, was also of interest as he seemed to be at least as on edge as she was though he was vocalizing it more. Istra smoothed down the front of her grey dress and remained silent as she moved through the press of bodies. Most of the students were talking, but after the Katsuo's prophecy of doom few of them were excited or cheerful. First-years had already started pulling together in twos and threes, forming pacts and eying other groups... and the members of their own when they thought they weren't looking.

Istra's knuckles were tight, her hands clenched into fists. She wasn't going to kill, not if she could help it, but her first priority was staying alive and out of the way. From what their teacher had said, while killing wasn't discouraged, it wouldn't do for even the most bloodthirsty student to start ripping out hearts left and right without support. Otherwise they'd be mobbed out of desperation. Istra was fairly confident that she'd be able to stay close to a few of her less-ruthless classmates. She didn't mind getting knocked around a bit if it mean she'd stay alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.