CLOSED SIGNUPS Welcome to The Sanctuary

Okay, hopefully it won't be long. With all the work we've put in, I'm scared that we'll fade before this has a chance to take off.

I'm working on getting my profile done! I'll hopefully have it up before the end of the weekend! It's Memorial Day weekend and I'll be off camping, but I already have the idea for the character and can work on writing it all down while I'm out :)
Last thing I want to do is slow everyone down

Reactions: Blood Lightning
Stay safe out there!

• Love
Reactions: Lyrikai
  • Love
IC thread is up and connected to the OOC! Have at it y'all.

No rush to those still working on their character sheets. I just happened to feel inspired today and got out the first post to get us started!

Quick side note:
I don't expect immediate replies. I do understand a lot of us have a lot of IRL responsibilities that take precedence, myself included. I don't want to set deadlines at the moment for replies. Let's see how things go naturally and if we need a deadline so the RP doesn't go stale then I'll consider it later.

Please do not rush anyone to reply. I reserve the right to move along or slow down the RP as needed. Let's all understand that everyone's life situations are different. Patience goes a long way.

I have no preference for how you style your posts. Some people like simple, some like a whole bbcode template. Completely up to you guys. Just make sure we can all read it and I'm happy.

Now, those that have their characters ready, get your intros in and let's all meet at the lounge. 😉 Our first mission awaits.

Alright, first post up for me as well. Apologies if I went overboard with the novel-size post. Was feeling very inspired this afternoon as well! But can't wait to get this party started!

• Love
Reactions: Reina
My post is made but pending a proof read and a second opinion. Mostly cause it's been awhile since I last role played.

Hey, how's everyone doing?

I got stuck playing catch up this week with a looooot of things I got behind on (and still managed to not catch up on everything yet), but I'm working on my character today! Just have to write the backstory and he's done. Sorry for the delay 😩

• Love
I got stuck playing catch up this week with a looooot of things I got behind on (and still managed to not catch up on everything yet), but I'm working on my character today! Just have to write the backstory and he's done. Sorry for the delay 😩
All good, it's been a relatively sluggish week. Looking forward to your character nonetheless =)

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to a new week!

Reactions: Mister_Veeeee
Hey people, how's it going?

Good. FYI guys. I'm going away on vacation for a couple weeks. When I get back I'll check to see what's up and move the RP along if I have to. See you guys soon.

Good. FYI guys. I'm going away on vacation for a couple weeks. When I get back I'll check to see what's up and move the RP along if I have to. See you guys soon.
Have a fun time on vacation!! I fell behind (again), but I'm just finally finishing up my sheet to slip it in here for you when you get back 🤣

• Thank You
Reactions: Reina
Stay safe and have fun!

@Mister_Veeeee I am doing well, just been busy this week and hoping to see progression soon.

@Reina Enjoy your vacation!

@Lyrikai Looking forward to seeing your character at long last!

• Love

Name: Tane Kooper
Face Claim: Unknown

Personality: In terms of outward appearances, Tane is a very calm and caring individual. He's kind and he's polite, gracious, and well-mannered. Whether he's actually as kind as he seems or if it's just an act like he's putting on a play though, that's up in the air. Sometimes he acts just a little too kind, too cordial, too respectful. If there ever needed to be some good examples of what it's like to be killed with kindness, Tane sure would be a prime take. He hardly ever loses his temper in front of another and doesn't seem all that easily insulted nor offended. He can smile through even the more vicious remarks tossed his way.

Of course, what it seems like on the outside isn't always necessarily what's really going on inside. At times, his anger gets too great and there's a drive for violence. While he's usually good at controlling it, sometimes he has to release it, unleash it, and go crazy for a night or two. After all, it's probably not good to keep all that anger bottled up forever.

In private, he's a lot of a self-loather. He tends to hate himself when there's no one around to see it, hating how enraged he can get. Even if he can suppress it most days, he always has to let it out sooner or later. He calls his anger his "Blight", considering it more of a curse than anything else.

Background: When he was much younger, only a child, Tane had a terrible temper. He would lose it at the drop of a hat and could lash out and hurt himself or others far too frequently. A childhood of therapy barely helped. He was always a problem child of sorts. With the temper he had, he spent a lot of time getting into fights, a few of which that ended with broken bones. His parents never truly knew what to do with him. They tried love and coaxing, trying to calm his fiery soul. When that didn't work, they tried more discipline, but the going was always rough. His life remained troubled and his schooling suffered, his social life suffering even more. Spending most of his time alone, having few friends, it taught him how to embrace solitude and to enjoy just being alone in the silence.

It wasn't until Tane was much older that he began to calm down. A little. He discovered meditation and reflection. Through the art of meditation, he learned how to suppress violent tendencies. He learned how to hold back, how to reign in his temper, and how to keep himself calm in most any situation.

When he was in need of proper outlets, he took up running and working out. When he needed something more, he took to target shooting and sport hunting. He became quite the crack shot with a rifle, honing those skills for many years through trips out through the wilderness looking for trophies to display on his walls. Though, when clay pigeons and wildlife weren't quite doing it for him anymore, he discovered street fighting. Hopping around from venue to possibly illegal venue, being able to actually let his fists and feet make hard contact with another body was a thrill he just couldn't get enough of. He still practiced meditation and forced kindness to keep from lashing out outside the ring, but he sure did love hitting people in the ring. Weapons were always strictly forbidden in the ring, fists only, but what happened outside was anyone's game. Crude weapons like baseball bats or crowbars, though especially knives and blades became a fascination of Tane's. It was quite satisfying, the feeling of a blade slashing an arm or a blunt instrument cracking ribs. Any time he found someone else like him, someone who was willing to put more risk on the line for a more thrilling fight, his day would be made.

He had never expected nor anticipated anyone taking notice of such a miserable person like himself. Honestly he expected to eventually get injured and unable to continue any longer, or even to be arrested, killed, he didn't know, didn't care. A chance encounter at a match asked if he wanted to put his boundless energy and prowess for, well, violence and fighting to a better purpose, and he took it. Street fighting had its downsides and even it could get old, too, after all. He found himself being put through a series of trials to prove he was cut out for this, that he could be reliable, useful. He did everything in his power to prove his worth, desperate for that new outlet and a new place to belong.

Last edited:
  • Spicy

Name: Tane Kooper
Face Claim: Unknown

Personality: In terms of outward appearances, Tane is a very calm and caring individual. He's kind and he's polite, gracious, and well-mannered. Whether he's actually as kind as he seems or if it's just an act like he's putting on a play though, that's up in the air. Sometimes he acts just a little too kind, too cordial, too respectful. If there ever needed to be some good examples of what it's like to be killed with kindness, Tane sure would be a prime take. He hardly ever loses his temper in front of another and doesn't seem all that easily insulted nor offended. He can smile through even the more vicious remarks tossed his way.

Of course, what it seems like on the outside isn't always necessarily what's really going on inside. At times, his anger gets too great and there's a drive for violence. While he's usually good at controlling it, sometimes he has to release it, unleash it, and go crazy for a night or two. After all, it's probably not good to keep all that anger bottled up forever.

In private, he's a lot of a self-loather. He tends to hate himself when there's no one around to see it, hating how enraged he can get. Even if he can suppress it most days, he always has to let it out sooner or later. He calls his anger his "Blight", considering it more of a curse than anything else.

Background: When he was much younger, only a child, Tane had a terrible temper. He would lose it at the drop of a hat and could lash out and hurt himself or others far too frequently. A childhood of therapy barely helped. He was always a problem child of sorts. With the temper he had, he spent a lot of time getting into fights, a few of which that ended with broken bones. His parents never truly knew what to do with him. They tried love and coaxing, trying to calm his fiery soul. When that didn't work, they tried more discipline, but the going was always rough. His life remained troubled and his schooling suffered, his social life suffering even more. Spending most of his time alone, having few friends, it taught him how to embrace solitude and to enjoy just being alone in the silence.

It wasn't until Tane was much older that he began to calm down. A little. He discovered meditation and reflection. Through the art of meditation, he learned how to suppress violent tendencies. He learned how to hold back, how to reign in his temper, and how to keep himself calm in most any situation.

When he was in need of proper outlets, he took up running and working out. When he needed something more, he took to target shooting and sport hunting. Finally, when clay pigeons and targets weren't quite doing it for him anymore, he discovered street fighting. Hopping around from venue to possibly illegal venue, being able to actually let his fists and feet make hard contact with another body was a thrill he just couldn't get enough of. He still practiced meditation and forced kindness to keep from lashing out outside the ring, but he sure did love hitting people in the ring.

He had never expected nor anticipated anyone taking notice of such a miserable person like himself. Honestly he expected to eventually get injured and unable to continue any longer, or even to be arrested, killed, he didn't know, didn't care. A chance encounter at a match asked if he wanted to put his boundless energy and prowess for, well, violence and fighting to a better purpose, and he took it. Street fighting had its downsides and even it could get old, too, after all. He found himself being put through a series of trials to prove he was cut out for this, that he could be reliable, useful. He did everything in his power to prove his worth, desperate for that new outlet and a new place to belong.
Looks good. Is Tane new to the Triad and the Sanctuary? Is he just a fighter or does he have skills with other weapons too?