CLOSED SIGNUPS Welcome to The Sanctuary

I'm good! Sorry, got really hectic irl

Reactions: Blood Lightning
If there still room for another, I would like to join. Though I will be creating the character later in a day or two
Definitely still room!

Also @monkeydoll5 @Reina it's been a little quiet out here, you guys okay?
Yup! I actually have the two NPCs and my two characters almost ready to go. Been just a hectic few weeks lately. I should be posting them as soon as they're ready. I just need to sit for like an hour! lol

• Sympathy & Compassion
@monkeydoll5
Glad to hear you're doing okay. Looking forward to seeing your character!

@Reina
Hopefully it slows down for you soon. Looking forward to seeing the NPCS and two characters!

Reactions: Reina
If you've got room for just one more, I'd happily throw my name in :)

If you've got room for just one more, I'd happily throw my name in :)
Go for it! Make your character!

I believe you're the last one though. I don't want the group getting too big that I can't handle it.

Huzzah! It shall be done :D

• Love
I am very excited to see everyone's characters!

Hey all, we have one more player coming in @Mister_Veeeee. This will be the last player in the game.

Sign-ups officially closed.

Name: Viktor Salvador

Appearance: (see attachment)

Personality:

Viktor has Mellowed out a bit over the years and is mostly calm, collected, reserved, and strictly business.

Though in a gunfight, it's like a switch is flipped. He becomes a loud, foul mouthed, battle junky. Blunt as rock and hellbent on survival and causing as big of mess as possible. Like battlefield fueld adrenaline is only thing that seems breath life into him. The contrast in personalities has earned him the title Jekyll & Hide after completing the trials given to him by the Triad.

Background:

From C-4, thermite, and hand grenades to motars, howitzer, and anti- tank guns. Viktor is an explosive and ordnance expert know from time as mercenary working with a freelance group that was starting to make name themselves for the past seven years. Viktor was scouted at the age of twenty-five due his solo contract work as a demolitionist and long range support. Typically hired for setting up landmine fields to raining artillery shells on target locations. Though occasionally did a few jobs that put I'm directly into line of fire. In such jobs he would use a mixture of anti-personel explosives, machine-guns, and shotguns. "Why aim when you just fill the area with lead?," was his motto in his younger days.

After being scouted by the Flock of Fire, he learned the importance of patience, teamwork, stealth, and CQC. Learning a mixture of Tae Kwon Do and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu to add to his usual kickboxing style. He could deal with most threats but his strong suit was behind the trigger and a laundry list of equipment. Preferring take down foes at a range or with traps. After a few years he became one thier best scouts. He didn't like it at first cause it wasn't as fun as firing an M198 Howitzer. Though proved to be talented in the role due his experience with setting up artillery in an ideal location. Growing more accustomed to his role as he grew older and mamatured. Also picking up marksmanship with large caliber snipers, favoring the Barrett M82 .50BMG, for when his role of scouting required him to play a more active role. It wasn't by any means an easy life but went smoothly as it could for several years.

That was until one operation turned belly up and wiped out most the crew. The one operation Viktor didn't go on as he was sent on smaller mission with four others to do some recon for a future operation in the works. Turns out they were lucky because the current one the rest of the crew went on was a setup from one their competitors once they heard news of what happened to the main group. The group which came to be his family over the past nine years gone. The give remaining members went their separate ways afterwards. Each with an unspoken goal of their own. Though for Viktor his goal was simple. Take out the ones responsible for the setup.

After two years, of hunting solo and occasionally contract work. He couldn't find anything. All trails went cold it seemed. Then he was approached by a particular organization called The Triad with an invitation with a promise that thier resources could possibly help his search. After two long years he finally completed his trials. Proving to be, far from a traditional hitman, extremely effective.

Attachments

• Men-over-40-style.jpg
    Men-over-40-style.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Name: Nikolai "Niko" Volkov
Appearance:
26b2646b9d76d5b279d0a22a13226d971bd649ce.gif

FC: Dylan Minnette
Personality: Niko is the kinder of the Volkov twins, more open to change and ideas than Lana happens to be.
Background: Nikolai was born the eldest of twin children to Petyr and Serafina Volkov, two master assassins who also happened to want a family of their own

Name: Svetlana "Lana" Volkov
Appearance:
0631ccdaf48005bdbb0a36296558b54cbe68d10d.gif

FC: Kristine Froseth
Personality:
Background:

TO BE COMPLETED

Here are our NPCs. The Manager will be the one that gives out the missions and Triad orders. The manager is not playable but can be used to further your character's plotline. Please do not control the manager without permission. PM me first and we can discuss an interaction with the manager. He knows the whole Plot. He's too dangerous! ;)

The Concierge can be used by anyone. She is there to follow your orders as long as they do not conflict with Triad and Sanctuary rules. Please note, if you're using The Concierge, please make sure she is not already in a scene with another character.

The Manager

Name: Arthur Van Courtland
Image Source: Unknown

Personality: Calculated is probably the best word to describe Arthur. He doesn't make any decisions without running every possible scenario first which, despite his age, is done rather quickly. He is a man that prides himself in having the best of the best from the clothes he wears, to the drinks he drinks, to the cigars he smokes, to the faction of the hotel he has run for close to thirty years. He doesn't buckle under pressure and is one of the most trusted Sanctus members with close ties to The Triad. It is rumored that he may know exactly who they are though there isn't anyone that could break that secret from him if true. He is well versed in all the workings of the Sanctuary and the will of The Triad and is ruthless with its rules. Nothing slides when it comes to Arthur. He will not hesitate to eliminate one that has lost Sanctus status. No one is a friend.

His level of clearance within the organization gives him a plethora of knowledge and resources at his disposal that he uses to further his needs and that of the Triad. He is highly discreet and any information given is on a need to know basis. If Arthur does not want you to know something, you wont. He is also a man of his word. If Arthur says he will do something, it is a guarantee and his word is law.

Background: Arthur has been the manager of his faction of The Sanctuary hotels for almost thirty years. Not much is known about his background or where he originally came from but it is told that he was once a very skilled assassin that worked directly with the Triad. There was no middle man giving orders, Arthur was the one who received the direct instructions from the actual members and apparently still did. It is said that the Triad thought his prowess and expertise was better suited as a manager and gave him one of the Sanctuaries to run after the previous manager was executed...by Arthur himself. The Sanctuary under Arthur's management is one of the strongest and most well known of all the hotels. It receives the most visitors per year and has assisted in supporting various Sanctus members.

Arthur has no friends and is rumored to have no family. His family is The Sanctuary and the Triad and he is at their complete beck and call. He follows his orders to the Tee and does not waver in his resolve. Many have tried to garner his secrets and none have been able to gather any useful information. He is loyal to the Triad and is willing to die for it if he has to. No matter the cost.

The Concierge
Name: Santa De La Vega

Personality: Santa is very detail-oriented and it is why Arthur recruited her to work for him. There isn't a minuscule detail that she will miss. Her work is sheer perfection and in the six years she has worked for Arthur, she has had no complaints launched against her nor has an error been made. She is highly intelligent and fluent in six languages. She is a skilled weapons master. She is trained to recognize almost every type of weapon and its corresponding ammunition. She is knowledgeable of each weapon's capacity, range and durability. She is also trained in cartography and has a near photographic memory which enables her to do her work with precision and no errors.

She is highly efficient at her work and knows how to anticipate Arthur's needs and those of the Sanctus members. There isn't a task too small for Santa. Like Arthur, she devotes herself to the Sanctuary only and has a permanent room at the hotel where she stays so she can always be available when needed. Though she does allow more indulgences than Arthur, occasionally allowing herself to have some company in the lonely hours of the night when the hotel is particularly quiet.

Background: Santa was recruited by Arthur from another Sanctuary hotel. With Arthur's pull within the Triad, it was a simple transfer for him. Arthur only wanted the best for his hotel and Santa was the best. She works very closely with Arthur and knows quite a bit about him though, like Arthur, secrets die with her. Santa is devoted to the Sanctuary and especially to Arthur. The two always work hand in hand and wherever Arthur is, Santa isn't too far behind. Whether it be to take down his dictation, to follow through with a request or to be the one that carries out an execution, Santa can be relied upon.

She can be found at the front desk or at Arthur's side, wherever she is needed the most. Little is known about Santa's actual upbringing or childhood. Arthur does not want anyone knowing her background and Santa has complied. The less others know about her, the better. Arthur is jealous when it comes to Santa and though there has never been any romantic involvement between the two, their relationship can be described as a father and his daughter. Arthur has no family, neither does Santa. All they have is each other. Though Santa is well aware that if Arthur had to chose between her and The Sanctuary, the Sanctuary would always win.

• Love
Name: Miles Thatcher

Personality: Hot head is probably the best way to describe Miles. He is quick tempered and is quick to pull a gun from its holster. He is loud and slightly obnoxious. The bigger the bang the better it is for him. He isn't one for discreetness. He is one to go in guns blazing, bombs bursting and all around having a grand ol' time doing it all. He is rude and doesn't have much of a filter. He will tell you exactly what is on his mind in the moment he thinks it. He can be impulsive at times and can make decisions without thinking them through in their entirety. He isn't shy in the slightest and will often be the first to speak and approach another.

He isn't summoned for jobs that require high levels of discretion. He is summoned when the Triad wishes to make a spectacle and an example. Although loud and rather grandiose with his presence, Miles does have a softer side. When his life has gotten to be too much for him and he needs a breather from all the death, he can found playing his guitar to quiet the demons. He doesn't get to play much but when he does it helps to soothe him.

Background: Miles always said that he didn't look for the crime life, the crime life forced itself on him. He grew up in a house of seven boys and one girl and always found himself in some tussle or another. It started as boys being boys but as the circumstances of his upbringing grew worse and his family was just short of homelessness in their poverty, his tussles turned into full blown fights. Miles was quick to knock in heads especially when the other kids began to poke fun at his family and their situation. He landed in one too many fights growing up until one day it sent him into the penitentiary after stabbing someone fatally at the age of 17 when that man tried to rape his youngest and only sister. The Penn was no better and Miles found himself having to fight for his life more than he could count.

His circumstances changed when he met a man by the name of Toran Tulane. Miles wasn't sure if that was his real name but that was what he was told was his name. Toran saw something in Miles and introduced him to The Triad and the Sanctuary. The way Toran described it, Miles saw the Triad as a way to free his family, to climb out of his shitty situation and find himself on the other side of the mess that was his life. It wasn't long before Miles was on his way to completing his three trials which he did from inside the penitentiary. He was branded right inside his cell and one day, his case made it to the front of the line and a judge signed his order of release. It seemed the weapon Miles used had gone missing in police lockup and so had the video footage. There was nothing to implicate Miles anymore so he was released.

Once outside, Miles received his first Sanctuary coin and Toran led the way to what would become Miles' new life. He did eventually get his family out of their situation but he knew he could never really go back to them. He was in too deep now and life was too dangerous for him to bring any of that home. So he set them up and left to solely pursue the life the Triad had laid out for him. He could still be his loud self, he could still knock in heads and make lots of noise doing it all but he had to do it for them now. He didn't have another option.

Name: Vincent Moretti
Image Source: Mario Moyano Collection

Personality: Vincent was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He was raised with the best of the best and wanted for absolutely nothing which created a rather egotistical narcissist with a superiority complex. Vincent looks down at others he deems less than him or from a lower class. He descends from a long line of Morettis, one of the most prolific and wealthiest crime families under the protection and guidance of the Triad. They are known loyalists with every member of the family required to serve in some capacity.

Although he deems himself above others, he is at least polite and isn't one to draw much attention to himself. Vincent has received the nickname of "the shadow" as he is difficult to track and you only know he's there when he's already upon you. He moves in silence and prefers weapons that make little to no noise. His guns have silencers, he uses various knives but he prefers, and can often be found, behind the scope of a sniper rifle for ease of escape.

Background: Vincent was raised very wealthy. He went to only the best private schools growing up, had a personal tutor and his meals prepped by his chef. He also attended one of the Ivy Leagues fully paid by his father, the head of the Moretti family and a generous donor to the school. The Moretti family raised their children to treat the Triad and The Sanctuary almost like gods. They were devoted to the life and instructed all its family members to serve in one capacity or another. It was no exception for Vincent who was trained from very young to become a skilled assassin.

He was trained with various weapons though Vincent showed a penchant for the more subtle and quieter choices. He continued his training in martial arts and received his black belt and learned various other forms of hand to hand combat but it was the sniper that truly drew his attention. It allowed him to see his target but not be close enough to be seen himself. He could slip back into the shadows when done and none would be the wiser.

The Morettis gather from time to time and indulge in lavish dinners and parties that only the best of the best are invited to. Vincent can be often seen at the gatherings when not on mission, schmoozing with the other high powered family members and forming alliances were he can. It is during these gatherings that he is his most social though he still prefers the solace of solitude.

• Love
Characters are looking great so far! I am so excited to see this take off!

Indeed be interesting to see how all the characters interact. Though it seems I have the oldest character with the exception of the npc Arthur.

Yes indeed. I am very excited to see how it'll go. And it looks like my girls are in the middle, not to mention one of them is pregnant 😁

Indeed be interesting to see how all the characters interact. Though it seems I have the oldest character with the exception of the npc Arthur.
He's not too much older. My characters are early 30s. And the concierge is mid 30s.

Yes indeed. I am very excited to see how it'll go. And it looks like my girls are in the middle, not to mention one of them is pregnant 😁
Should be an interesting dynamic for sure!

He's not too much older. My characters are early 30s. And the concierge is mid 30s.
True but the concierge is the only one close to his age by 2 years everyone else so far is 8 or more years younger.

When does the In-Character RP kick off =O