Welcome to the Negative!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new cult regarding negativity, huh.

I'll enjoy crushing you beneath my heels made for kneading bread.

*Scavenger baits Paoman with loli.*

Any who, Planned Obsolescence is what happens when you've got R&D working to find something better.

Look at the automobile industry. This year's model dims and fades, last year's model is erased.

The same is true in the entertainment industry. VERY TRUE...

The idea is to keep people buying.

Perspectives: the mask we put over our reality to make it more acceptable to ourselves.

Reality: The perceptions we tell ourselves are real

We are all ghosts inside the shells of our realities, trained to follow other peoples realities and make them our own and to ignore the truth behind the masks we hide behind. We fear truth that conflict with our perceptions, we are afraid of our world, and the perceptions of others.

We must burn our comfort zones and free ourselves, its difficult and you'll never take comfort in the world again, and once you start there is no turning back.

Into the abyss I will run....

Someone I knew once said that 'if what we percieve to be reality is based upon the perceptions of others then reality as a whole does not exist.'

I should probably mention that to many 'perception is reality.'

Go figure...

we all try to drag each other into the shells of our perceptions, to shed the shell is impossible, to embrace it in its hollowness inevitable.

................Grrrr

Any who, Planned Obsolescence is what happens when you've got R&D working to find something better.

Look at the automobile industry. This year's model dims and fades, last year's model is erased.

The same is true in the entertainment industry. VERY TRUE...

The idea is to keep people buying.

*listens intently nodding every so often* Hmm... so all of this is just to keep the wheels of economy running huh? They make us believe that we need those things, and we buy them, only for them to be obsolete a short while later and them same guys would make us believe that we need an upgrade. *sigh*

And a hidden danger in all of that is that once people regain their common sense and stop buying all of those things, we would all run into what they call "recession" or worse... "depression". *sigh*

And thus, people would simply shrug and stop thinking and simply buy. Work their asses just to buy something they don't really need. Similar to a hamster in a hamster wheel.

Anyways, what I thought of initially was along the lines of making human beings obsolete. I was far off the mark though.

----------
Perspectives: the mask we put over our reality to make it more acceptable to ourselves.

Reality: The perceptions we tell ourselves are real

We are all ghosts inside the shells of our realities, trained to follow other peoples realities and make them our own and to ignore the truth behind the masks we hide behind. We fear truth that conflict with our perceptions, we are afraid of our world, and the perceptions of others.

We must burn our comfort zones and free ourselves, its difficult and you'll never take comfort in the world again, and once you start there is no turning back.

Into the abyss I will run....

Isn't it the other way around? Our reality is just a product of our own minds? But yeah, over the process of growing up, we tend to grow to conform to certain standards. Follow them and you're rewarded with a more or less tolerable life, dare to defy them and you're in for much hardship.

----------
Someone I knew once said that 'if what we percieve to be reality is based upon the perceptions of others then reality as a whole does not exist.'

I should probably mention that to many 'perception is reality.'

Go figure...

... @_@ but... but how do you perceive other's perceptions? aren't they but your own perceptions?

we all try to drag each other into the shells of our perceptions, to shed the shell is impossible, to embrace it in its hollowness inevitable.

But you're also doing it to others, whether you realize it or not.

First our minds are created from our reality, then we change our reality to suit our minds. I dared to defy and once you do you lose the ability to cake comfort in the illusions we all create for ourselves, and there is no way back.

Meg insists that this a pool of negative though, yet it will soon expand and consume iwaku

First our minds are created from our reality, then we change our reality to suit our minds.

This is a topic of discussion even amongst experts in medicine and psychology. While I will not pretend to be an expert about those things, I say that while there's a hardwired component to our "minds" that is, the brain, there's also this malleable component that's determined by how we grew up.

I would like to compare this to a computer. You have your memory (essentially a blank sheet of paper for operations and whatnot), you have your ROM which contains hard-wired instructions on how to operate the entire thing, and you have your different storage media, in which you, the computer owner, use to store different programs.

Computer hardware can be very much a determining factor on how your computer will perform, but one can't also deny the importance of those software you install, as well as the viruses that manage to get past by your defenses.

----------
Meg insists that this a pool of negative though, yet it will soon expand and consume iwaku

What?! O_o We need not consume the entire forum, just enough to keep all of us sane.

----------
@Trance Kitsune:
Oh! I forgot to welcome you here. You staying? Or would you want to sit there and listen to us whine discuss about a lot of things?

other that the fact that I hate it when people compare brains to computers, espesialy whes thier computer knowledge is off or outdated I get what you're saying. I've been trying to figure the human mind out and have read many books on the subject and have studied my own thought prosess in detail.

That pluss I've been depressed lately an been trying to drown it in both mental and physical exresise to keep myself in a state of tirdness that doesn't alow me to think, my arm shoulder, chest, back, everywhere in fact hurts and i'm fueled manly by adrenaline cafine, and hard rock. This past week has prob taken 3 years off my life but thats the thing. I don't care. My mind is eratic and the only time i seem to be able to focus is then I post, or when I work. I know the reason but don't wish to say it publicly, and I hope I'm wrong.

Perhaps this is better in the rant thread but its relevent to that i've posted here.

Summery: I'm emo, life sux, I've learned to live with both, something is bothering me.

To be honest, I take whatever happens with a grain of salt.

Accepting things as they are can shorten your life.

Knowing too much can shorten your life too.

Both can be deadly for arms dealers like myself.

In God we trust. All others pay cash.

*Raises hand*

I'll pay in flesh for Jess/personas....everyone else gets a rock.

This society is based on money, where even religious arm dealers demand cash up front.
There is no trust either.

*does Nozomu Itoshiki impression*

This society is based on money, where even religious arm dealers demand cash up front.
There is no trust either.

*does Nozomu Itoshiki impression*

I think society fails to realize what money is for in the first place... Money existed because there has to be a way to for productive effort to be rewarded, and there has to be an efficient way for us to exchange goods to one another.

Money is not an end! I think this is what most of us are forgetting.

Hey, hey... I'm agnostic.

To be truthful, the only god I've ever seen is the god of death.

We're good bedfellows, y'see...

*mizdogg Grins*
Orkz arr seen az da opeh-open-oppertoonitz of da galaxy, but ioll tell yez all dis, we av da most deffs, da most birfs and da most violent kultcha where-eva yoo go, wez acktchu-ally da mos fillosofical of all da racez, seriouzly, da Orkz av dis ta say wen i coms ta livin, and dats dis
'liofs too short ter winge an wine, so get drunk, get a shoota an get goin! kick sum grotz, stomp sum umiez and above all else, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!'

*Squigait shakes his head slowly and sadly*
Always with the kicking......Orks are a culture that live for the thrills of living, such as the roar of a high powered machinegun, the scream of a rocket launching, the thrill of driving perilously fast etcetera, you see thats how they cope with everyone think they are stupid, when ina ctual fact they just dont see the point to being intellectual, since their lives are so brutal and short, Gretcvhin like myself on the other hand, have to be intelletuakl, we have to be cunning, otherwisae as Mizzdogg so eloquently put it, we get kicked!

*Road Rage burrows out from under a boulder.*

Mizdogg, yer speakin' mah language.

Those negative waves, well... They just bring ever'one down. Live life to tha fullest!

Shit, Ah got a second chance at life, so Ah'm gonna make damn sure Ah have fun this time 'round!

*Road Rage brings a shotgun to bear and fires a round off.*

C'MON! WHO'S WITH ME!?

Hey, WMD, did you catch the Ace Of Cakes episode last night? They made a Skwig cake. It was down-right awesome. Complete with snot, blood, and guts. And a goblin riding inside it's mouth too.

i've nevr seen the ace of cakes, is it an american show? or is it on Aussie Foxtel as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.