Welcome to the Guild Sign-Up and OCC

Which is the best Magic?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I like what you have. Since the citadel we're at is further west that Yellow Island and the first thing we're doing is taking some recruits out for their first missions. Any idea how you can get your character over here?

Fun fact; Innis Buidhe is something that Piper and I came up with, so I'm going to make a few notes.
The Trinity is not worshipped. The major gods are a pantheon of nature spirits, led by The Horned King.
Military society is not the norm in Innis Buidhe; its largely a society that operates within the Scottish clan tradition. Thanes have a conscript army that is formed during times of trouble.
Shadow beasts are really only the naga, because of the sea division: the others haven't yet been able to reach the isle.
There are not really any "tribal people". The society is regimented within clans that pledge their leadership to larger, more powerful clans.
I hope this isnt off putting, but i truly think your character might be more suited for the main land, with her current backstory.

Fun fact; Innis Buidhe is something that Piper and I came up with, so I'm going to make a few notes.
The Trinity is not worshipped. The major gods are a pantheon of nature spirits, led by The Horned King.
Military society is not the norm in Innis Buidhe; its largely a society that operates within the Scottish clan tradition. Thanes have a conscript army that is formed during times of trouble.
Shadow beasts are really only the naga, because of the sea division: the others haven't yet been able to reach the isle.
There are not really any "tribal people". The society is regimented within clans that pledge their leadership to larger, more powerful clans.
I hope this isnt off putting, but i truly think your character might be more suited for the main land, with her current backstory.
Possibly the far south could work.

Innis Buidhe is a rocky, green island unified under Thane Lutair. The society is well-educated but heavily class based. It is a decadent, but declining civilization that is heavily homogenous, worships animistic deities, and is magically gifted. Because of their isolation, they view any who stray from their beliefs with utter contempt, and people who tried to settle in their lands from the mainland were ceremoniously killed (part of how Taigh an Croch got its name) in days past: settlers are still killed regularly. Most in the mainland would have heard stories of the white haired witches North ; stories that curdle the blood.

The island itself is around the size of wales. Hope that clears stuff up, about Innis Buidhe and its people. :)

I needed a place for my person to live. I simply took your land and made it work - I wasn't quite sure enough in my understanding of the land's geography to make my own.
That's not to say the Trinity CAN'T be worshipped - just that it isn't the norm.
Cultural Diffusion and outlanding. You'll notice that Palomina's family follow a Roman style. They're not necessarily out of place among the Picts - if you'll call them that in this situation.
The Naga are still there. Her family lives there, her childhood friends.
I never said there were - the tribals were from the mainland. Palomina only returned around three years ago.
No offenses, we're both under the influence of error in communication.

As for how she could be found in the situation - Palomina could have been sent there to investigate either a Shadow Beast den, or maybe a heretical order, or even be scheduled as an instructor something.

Last edited:
If your character's family worshipped the Trinity, they would not have a Taigh, which is a castle. They would not be a prominent family. They would be dead. Simple as that. They are small, homogeneous and very, very xenophobic.
Seriously, set this in the mainland, in the Deep South as the GM suggested. Your backstory is really good, but it just doesn't work in Innis Buidhe.

Oh, yes, I see what you're getting at. Still though, while I could induct some of my own worldbuilding to create a civil homeland for her, I would have a hard time keeping it with any defined geography or nominally cultural. I could make the edit, but it'd take a bit of culture coaching about this.

The mainland seems to be huge, and has every sort of environment you coudl possibly want. The GM seems to think that the South is more appropriate, so I would send them a PM about that.

Innis Buidhe is specifically meant to have a Scottish feel to it. Even the invading family has the same sort of feel. A Roman family would not only stand out among the pale, white-haired, blue-eyed Lutairs and their vassals, but they would be looked down up as outsiders.

Okay people, I may have screwed up opening this over the weekend but if Gicofokami and Vexor don't post tomorrow and don't have a good excuse I'm cutting them out and we will go on without them. This isn't fair to you guys to make you wait anymore. Thank you for being so patient.

Of course! Waiting happens, and I'm fine with it. My posting might get a little wonky in the next few months ; since I'm going back to school. But I will remain communicative!

Of course! Waiting happens, and I'm fine with it. My posting might get a little wonky in the next few months ; since I'm going back to school. But I will remain communicative!
That works fine with me. I'm very flexible when people have good excuses for being absent.

Alright, I got my edits in. Nothing that couldn't be changed easily. I went further with the Roman and delved in with that culture in mind.

Alright, I read the edit profile and I approve. Sorry about all the hoops. You post your introduction.

Sorry for making the hoops that you had to jump through, [MENTION=3504]VerbalAbuse[/MENTION]! Thank you so much for understanding. C:

Not a problem, culture is extremely significant.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Is this still accepting players if so I would be more than willing to write out a character for it.

Yeah, be my guest. If you have any questions just ask.

Alright give me a bit and I will have a character written up.

Name:
Viper

Birthplace:
Qu'ellar d'l'Ssa (House of the Serpent)

Hunter, herbalism and minor enchanting

Appearance:
Viper has a rather odd appearance compared to many of the humans he now meets to this day, his eyes once a beautifully crafted emerald color now dimmed and have been changed to take the glance of that of reptilian eyes. Golden slits that stand straight up staring forward mimic that of pupils, around the golden colored slits dance merely jet black as if those were his eyes. He stands roughly five feet and a few inches tall his body covered in a dark black cloak that clings somewhat tightly to his body allowing for very acrobatic movements, along the bottom half of his face is a dark covering that seems enchanted to mask his voice changing it so none have ever heard the real voice that lays beneath the mask. A hood covers his head hiding the dark locks of hair that lay dancing from the top of his head.

On his back rests a beautifully crafted bow, the wood of the bow is dark in color seeming as if naturally the wood was dark. The string of the bow is barely seeable and none would know it was there if they had not seen him draw the bow back and fire an arrow. Also lining his back is a bag with what seems to be ten arrows within it, the tail of the arrows are crafted a dark black color that spikes out at the end and glows a red color, along the spine of the arrow is a small circle just barely seeable meaning the arrows are enchanted with returning.

Goal:
Viper has had a lot of goals over the years but his main goal is to pick apart these shadow creatures and find a way to permanently kill their very existence for how much they have hurt him and his family.

Talents:
There are a lot of talents that Viper is excellent at, but he has taken a general liking to herbalism and the body. He has taken many plants and crafted their feathers into very potent healing salves as well as poisons to harm the human body and currently looks for a poison to harm the shadow creatures. He is also very adaptable able to come to terms with any situation in minutes and most of the time make his way out of the situation. He is also very good at tracking and reading maps, he is a beginner at enchanting knowing enough to enchant the string of his bow to be unbreakable and his arrows (with the help of a master enchanter) so there are always arrows in the quiver.

Fears:
Viper fears very little but what causes the most fear in him is the same that poses fear in almost every mortal. That of death. He fears the chilling hand that seems to lay its hand over every mortal, each death that comes at the hands of these shadow beasts makes him descend deeper into a form of madness that drives him away from people for days at a time. Vipers fear of death has pushed him to the point of getting close to anyone for fear that the icy grip would snatch them away at a moments notice. (More on this matter will come later)

Personality:
Viper has an odd personality, he can be very talkative one moment and the next be very distant, though when sent on small missions and such he carries them out with little to know speech. He is very intelligent, using his poison and such to make traps and strategize his way through the dungeon, he does have a hatred for many necromancers thinking them the cause of the shadow beasts. This sometimes drives him to stay away from many spell-casters.

Secrets:
Viper was born to a family that called themselves the house of serpents, they were so keen on keeping their bloodline to what they believe as serpents that each member had their old eyes replaced with that of serpents. Through a twisted form of necromancy were they able to do it and allow many people to survive it, through this Viper is able to have a binocular like vision able to zoom in among targets far away but only if they are in a direct line of sight.

General History:
Viper, labeled the perfect assassin from his house at merely the age of fourteen, maybe that's what brought on his fear of death later or maybe not but either way this is the story. The two clan heads, both known for their experiments upon their own bodies so far that they looked like half snake half man and woman bore a child roughly upon the night of the new moon, a night that bore the famous nightshade flower as well, naturally the people of the serpent household believed the child to be a present from their demonic spirits, what they seemed as a blessing. Growing up Viper learned much about his people and the arts that they dabbled in, raising the dead, cutting their wrists and healing one another or hexing others and even sacrificing those left unneeded to their demonic lords, it was on his ninth birthday though that he would witness the true torture that his people put their families through and he knew what not to approve of anymore.

His parents were the ones that took him in to meet the great seer of their house, an old woman with deep golden eyes hidden beneath an emerald cloak. Even then his emerald eyes held a glance of fear, pure terror at just her look causing goosebumps to layer over his somewhat tan skin. She circled him like a predator hunting its food, that serpent like tongue slipping through her lips every once in a while, the first of their clan to successfully change her tongue to that of a serpent as well, when she stopped he was even more frightened especially when she spoke to his parents and those eerie smiles came over their lips. He wanted to run wanted to run and never come back, but that option never came, he would always regret the choice not to run. The old lady, the seer picked him up and strapped him to a table, the straps were so tight, and her face so old and indifferent but yet held power. She began to speak but in a language he didn't understand a language he would hate after that day. His eyes followed her as she danced around the room gathering up tools and instruments to use for what he had yet to know but his parents they merely watched and more fear danced along his body.

Within seconds he was staring up into the seers golden slitted eyes, and for a second he paid no heed as she inched the knife closer to his face. He was so enticed by those enchanting eyes, until the reflection of the silver glinted within her eyes and the pain echoed through his body. Screams left his lips, almost demonic like he stared up into her eyes trying to jerk away to get away from the pain as she carved his right eye out. He couldn't move as if some unseen force held his body down….he was doomed, he felt the liquid as it danced down his cheek the crimson liquid he knew was there….it did not take long before his body shot into shock and his mind shut off putting him into a coma like state leaving him to remember nothing. He couldn't tell anybody what happened after this scene all he knew was what he saw before he fell into the dark sleep the knife, the seer and those golden eyes merely a bad dream he hoped.

He didn't know how long he had been out or how much sleep had danced through his eyes………but he had eyes, but that seer he had saw her take out his right one……he ran through the small house they stayed in and into a closet and stared into the mirror. He just wanted to see his emerald colored eyes again…make sure they were still there and he wasn't in a dream….his jaw dropped and he dropped to the hardwood and on his knees staring at those golden slits that replaced his eyes and he was stuck with them. At nine his eyes had been traded in for those of a serpents and now it was time to start training him in the aspects of battle. Five years he went through every method of battle his family knew, mainly trained in the arts of hiding and killing targets much like the clan they were, much like the snakes that echoed in their bloodline. It took him a few years before he got used to the way his vision worked and the factor it acted much like binoculars allowing him to be almost perfect with the ranged weapons his clan hated so much. He took up a bow and taught himself to use it slowly practicing by hunting animals planning deep down something that even their clan would never forget.

The day of his twentieth birthday he carried out his plan, so strategically placed but even the best tactician could not plan for what went wrong that day. He had stalked his way through the halls of the home they had stayed in, his stealth of a master level that he even outranked many of the long time assassins. He stood at her door, the string of the bow drawn back and the arrow knocked into it. He aimed the tip where he wanted it and released the shaft of wood just as she began to rotate around, the arrow pierced right through the cloak and into the left side of her chest right where her heart lay. Her body crumpled to the ground her breaths becoming labored…he stepped forward to beside the seer as she looked up at him with amusement, she reached up her hands grasping his clothes blood leaking over those fangs as she spoke her final words.

"Ssss….sss…tupid Boy, foolisssssh kid"

Then she fell silent taking her final breath her blood slowly leaking from her body and seeming drawn like a magnet to the middle of the room. He stepped back and watched as more of her blood leaked forth seeming drawn from her body to that weird magnet, his head began to spin and his eyes slipped closed as he tumbled to the ground the last thing he heard was a scream echoing through his head. When his eyes opened again he stood amongst a shattered ruin and all he could see was black, and one figure a woman older than he himself…..her golden eyes would haunt him to the day he died. She extended her finger forth and all he could hear was the sounds of chanting that surrounded him merely muttering catching only light sounds of what they said.

Murderer…….
Killer…..
Blasphemer…..

"You have been judged mortal and found guilty of the crimes posed before you……guilty of murder…..and you and your clan shall pay for it with their lives…"

Then he felt it, the air around him chilled to a dangerous level he could see his breath echoing in the air….his golden eyes scaled around no sight of the woman, no more voices just darkness and the cold grip that reached out to claim him. He closed his eyes and curled up rocking back and forth as he had done so many years ago as a kid when he felt scared. He wanted it all to go away, wanted it all to end then he heard it…..the deep male voice echoing around him…..telling him to wake up. He reached upwards for the voice wanting to claim the sound and cuddle it close, he opened his eyes mistakenly and stared into those cold, empty, soulless eyes that stared inches from his own. He skittered back and screamed his voice cracking from the cold air. He saw the skeletal hand reach forth and those eyes only got closer, inching ever so slightly, when the creature would have reached him his eyes shot open and he stared into the blue eyes of a man…a dark onyx like creature laying down behind the man. Viper shot into a sitting position staring around wondering about his family he looked up at the man who seemed to merely look away a saddened look upon his face, letting him know that he was the only survivor.

It has merely been a week since he was found by the man at the destroyed family quarters and now he is a new recruit within the hunters guild looking to make a name for himself as The Viper, Hunter of the Shadowbeasts.

((Sorry if its kinda choppy I may have rushed a bit, let me know if I need to make any changes and I will fix them in the morning.))

Status
Not open for further replies.