Welcome to the Crucible, Champions.

L

Lady White

Original poster
!Warning! - Spoilers ahead for Darksiders II's Story. You have been warned. - !Warning!

After finally defeating the Guardian that was guarding the entrance to the Tree of Life in the Forge Lands; Home to the Makers, The Horseman known as Death was ready to approach the Tree of Life to redeem his Brother. But before that, he had been alerted via the Serpent Tome that a message was left for the Pale Rider. Knowing that the only location of a Serpent Tome in the Forge Lands was back at the Tri-Stone, he set himself back to check it out. Once he had arrived at the Tome and interacted with it, he would discover a strange card:

rsz_the_fool.png

A Tarot Card, displaying the picture of a traveller with a Lantern on it's back, with several threats around it pointed towards them. On the card, a message was attached and read: "I offer you this invitation to compete in The Crucible. Eternal Glory awaits you on completion... If you survive. Seek me out to accept my challenge." When the card was flipped, a inscription was found and read: "Upon a new adventure, all is unknown; the traveler starts the fool, gaining knowledge as the path is revealed. The Crucible has appeared in your realm. Take with you this card and discover the identity of the sender... and their motivations."

However... Death was not the only one to receive such an unknown invitation. Somehow whoever had created these Tarot Cards with a message attached has been able to send them across the Multiverse, into the mailboxes of many different people. Who will answer the call of this mysterious contact? And what are their motivations?

Howdy everyone! You may have noticed that this thread was created a week or so ago, and after a few days, removed. I had initially created it, but then requested it's deletion since I had rushed it, but it had garnered some interest beforehand. But I've now put some more thought into it and decided to retry it!

Alongside the character of Death, who I will be playing as, your characters will proceed towards the location of The Crucible where this unknown entity has extended invitations, rewarding Eternal Glory if you survive. However, despite The Crucible being entirely combat based in the actual Darksiders II game itself, this one shall feature many different mechanics and features such as puzzles, riddles and among other things. Most will reflect on the Tarot Cards themselves while some branch off of them but follow a similar principle. Do your characters have what it takes to best The Crucible's challenges alongside the Horseman, Death?

So are we playing as the horsemen as well, or original characters?

You could do that, or play as any character from any Universe you wished, it's entirely up to you who you go as.

!Update!
I'm in the midst of planning a few of the scenes for this one as well as thinking up the character sheets. As for a date for Sign ups? Preferably within a week or so, depending on if any additional interest is gathered for this ^_^ So far, @Ur Degaton is interested as well as @Crow (Via the last post of this IC).

So if anyone reading this is at all interested in this, please do post or let me know! The more the merrier!

Im interested.

Reactions: Lady White