Welcome to The City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When she mentioned the fact that they didn't have any food, Rory's shoulders slumped slightly and she sighed in disappointment. This was going to be a lost cause if they had nothing to offer her. Her stomach growled again this time, the pain starting to intensify, making her increasingly impatient for this kind of stuff. "Uhh..." she hesitated again as she looked back and forth between the two of them. "Well...I was just going to offer to uhh...keep you company..." she struggled to find a polite way to say it in front of the boy. "But you don't have anything for me." she said rather irritated so she turned back toward the bar.

"You can still come, right, Priya?" West said. "Umm, yeah, sure," Priya replied, though she got the message and turned back to the bar. "Maybe we should go now, West. Get a drink," she whispered to him, as he slipped behind the counter to get two bottles and throwing them into his bag. "Bye Rory. I thought that was a boy's name, but I guess not," he shrugged and followed Priya outside.

Nouvel didn't even bother glancing at the mention of the two stealing water. It was common to steal in this city, he himself having done so to supplement his job, just so that his family would be okay... Gah, enough of that, why was that girl turning her attention to them? Why was he even thinking about helping? He shook his head and sipped his beer, frowning. He did want to help, but he was struggling as it is. ...Though being in the bar probably didn't help. Oh well. Screw it, might as well help...Rory, was it? Strange name, for a girl. "Excuse me, miss," he said to her, "Do you need something?"

It was back into the dusty city street and Priya didn't know whether to praise or scold him. On one hand, they had hydration, on the other, he could have got them arrested. She bent down so she was the same size as him. "West, I don't think you understand that we live in a world where some people aren't nice anymore because simply they can't be because if they are they get hurt. Like me. I couldn't be nice to the man with the motorcycle because if I was he would've killed me. Understand? So don't tell people we steal, because we'll get shot because of it. Kay?" The boy nodded, "Okay."

Rory sighed to herself. Normally she didn't have trouble finding a guy who wanted to take her home. Maybe she was losing her touch? She was pulled away from her thoughts when a boy who looked about her age started talking to her. "Oh, uhmm..." she looked him over. He was drunk that was for sure, so she thought she might give it another shot. "I don't know, that depends." she said and looked down at his beer.

He laughed. "Oh really?" Nouvel said, "Then do you mean by that?" He really wasn't interested in anyone at the moment, but she did look rather pretty. He turned back to his beer and drank out of it. He was drunk, yes, but he did know what he was doing...to an extent. Now, what did this girl want? He thought he overheard her want something, but he wasn't too sure. His mind was starting to fog up, or was it just fogging up some more? Then again he did start out tipsy before talking to the girl.

"Well..." she smiled softly and leaned forward on her bar stool and slid her hand closer to his. "I do need something actually...if you're interested in a...trade." she laughed softly to herself and then looked up at him from under her lashes.

Nouvel raised an eyebrow at the girl. "Oh? A trade?" he asked. For some reason, he was getting a bad feeling about this trade of hers. He jerked his hand away, grunting in response.

Kyuga turned his gaze away from the mysterous girl and scanned the city. in his sweep, he noticed a young girl and boy huddled on the side of the road, talking. Then he saw a man behind them, a knife glinting in his hand. He saw the intent in the mans eyes. "To hell like thats happening." Kyuga chambered a round and re-focused the scope, ranging the shot. A thousand yards, slight wind at his back, an easy shot with his skill. As he clicked the safety off, he slowed his breathing , then let out half of his breath stopping, then let the shot fly. The sound echoed around the buildings.

Rory pulled her hand back in surprised. "Uh...oh. Okay, sorry." she sighed and pushed a strand of hair out of her face in annoyance. She needed a new approach. No one here seemed interested in this. "Well...okay, what would you trade me for some food?" she was getting a little desperate at this point. Even though her growling stomach and slightly fuzzy head, she couldn't help but admire the guy's hair. It was grey and she wondered if it was natural or dyed. Although coming across actual hair dye was kind of hard to do.
As the sound of a bullet close by she jumped and imediately placed her hand on her handgun that was in the waist of her pants and she looked outside.

Oh, was that all she wanted? He could deal with that. "Nothing-" Nouvel jumped at the sound of a gun and seeing some guy get shot in the head beside the two that were stealing water. Well then. He went back to his drink and ordered something for the girl to eat, slapping some money on the counter once he received it. "Here," he said, pushing the plate to her, "You did say you wanted it, right? And I'll say it again, I don't want anything in return. It's on me." A little bit of kindness goes around comes around, right? And honestly, he liked helping people in need. Even if he was struggling himself...God he should probably stop drinking so his family wouldn't worry but he just couldn't stop. Oh well, he'll see what the girl had to say to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyuga let the last of his breath out. He smiled knowing he had saved the young girl and boy. He slid his rifle back into its case and began his decent. He really needed a drink right now...

Rory slowly moved her hand away from her gun and it took her a moment to register what he had said to her. "Wait. Seriously?" she smiled brightly when the bartender gave her a plate of food. "You sure you don't want something? I mean, I don't really have much but like...." at the moment she honestly didn't care what he wanted so she started eating. After several mouthfuls of food she smiled again, "Thanks....nice hair by the way." and she went back to eating.

"No no no, it's alright, I don't want anything back. It's nothing," Nouvel said. His hand went to his hair at the comment. "Ah, hm, never thought much of my hair to be honest. It's my eyes I don't like, ugly things they are..." Not to mention that nasty burn scar he got from when he was a kid covering it, or was it a birthmark? Either way, it left and ugly red mark across his eyes and he absolutely hated it. But what can he do about it, eh? He put his head down and groaned. Ow, headache, he shouldn't have had so much to drink.

Kyuga walked into the bar, ordering a drink as he sat down to a young man. He leaned the hard case that held hihs rifle against the counter and opened the drink. Overhearing the conversation, Kyuga caught what was going on. Reaching into his pocket and slid them over to the girl. " Its good to see that there is still kindness in this world." He said as he took another drink. If the girl needed help, he was more than glad too. His "skills" earned him a good income, and he was more than generous.

Rory smiled and laughed softly when he laid his head down. She wasn't trying to be mean, she felt badly for him. "You should drink some water and get some sleep." Another man sat down and he caught her attention. Her eyes lit up when he slid money across the bar to her. She shook her head, but took the money. "Wh- umm...why? I mean thanks... but why?"

"I over heard your conversation and i figured you needed a little help to get you through right now." Kyuga said, then chuckled. "Plus I cant have slick here beat me on the generous factor." Kyuga shifted his rifle case so he could turn to face the girl. "I need to do somthing good to make up for that most recent evil act of mine." Kyuga looked over the girl. " Do you know those two that are outside? The boy and the girl?" He asked

She smiled and she quickly put the money in a small pocked of her backpack. "Well...thank you so much." she said and glanced down at the boy with grey hair again before looking outside. "Oh, umm...not really. I talked to them for like two minutes earlier, but then they left." she shrugged, "why?"

Priya freaked as the bullet came, bending down and almost having a heart attack as the man behind them fell. "Like that," she whispered to West, who watched the dead man twitch. "He was going to stab us, see his knife?" West pointed at the weapon that he'd dropped as he'd gone down. West picked it up, it was shined yet worn, as if the owner cleaned and sharpened it. Priya almost told him to put it down, but then realised they could get money, food or water for it. None of those things could last as long as a knife, but Priya was sure they were ten times more valuable. "Why did someone shoot him? Is it because there's two of us?" West asked, biting his lip and glancing at the body every now and then. "No, it's just because they must've saw the knife and panicked. It doesn't matter, maybe we should go...umm... find a park. You like parks," Priya felt the need to distract West from the fold of events. "I don't want to go. They aren't proper parks, are they? Nobody plays on them. Why do we never see any of our friends anymore?" West's eyes brimmed with tears. "I don't know," Priya replied truthfully enough. They couldn't all be dead. The neighbourhood was full of people and her local park was always crowded. There must be at least one person who they'd met before still on this planet.

Nouvel grunted and looked up to the sound of sliding money. He nearly snatched it on instinct, but then he saw that the other man was sliding it to the girl. He grunted, a hint of a smile on his face. Ah, so he wasn't the only one trying to do a bit of good in a city of sin. That was good. He glanced over to the man and then ordered some water. At least water here didn't cost much, so he would thankfully accept it. He glanced outside to see the two kids freaking out- well, one kid and one older sibling. He felt pity for them, considering he had a family of siblings himself to take care of. Should he help? Maybe, maybe not. He groaned and thanked the bartender as his head spun. Not right now, he was too dizzy and he needed the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.