Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like.

My favorite settings are fantasy combined with something else, multiverse, post-apoc, historical (mixed with something else), and futuristic. I'm not limited to those, but it's a good start.

My favorite genres include mystery, adventure, action, drama, tragedy (must be mixed with something else and kept balanced), romance (again must be mixed, and more.

I'm happy to include elements of slice-of-life and romance, but doing them on their own doesn't hold my interest indefinitely.
Welcome to BC Corp
I am looking for someone to play in a specific setting and timeline that lasts from 1998 to 2219, and invovles four different entry points-- places where roleplay partners can enter to join the story, and perhaps change the fates of the four individuals in question. I am looking for one player for each entry point. There is more information below.

Player should have human characters who have two or less superhuman abilities, and be willing to play alongside children.

Guidelines
  1. Ability
    I expect my partners to be capable of proper capitalization, spelling, punctuation, and to use readable sentence structure. I prefer a length of between two sentences (for dialogue or action-heavy scenes) and two paragraphs (or more, I won't be scared off).
    I expect careful attention to tense and person, and I will only roleplay in third person, past tense, and I will correct those who use the word "would" in place of a past tense verb. I can supply examples and explanations on request.
    As an important note, typos and occasional errors are fine. It would be hypocritical of me to say otherwise.
  2. Roleplaying Manners
    I ask my partners do not take control of my characters (including NPCs). I also ask that said partners do not try to use their characters to overpower the setting or antagonists, or to alter my characters or settings in ways not previously asked about and consented to.
    When I am GMing for a partner, I expect that partner to adhere to the rules of the world and to the notes I have listed. I have put a lot of work into my settings and plots, and I would appreciate said work being heeded.
    Another request I have is that my partners do not steal art and edit it. Artists put a lot of effort into their work, and seeing someone take it, change it, and not offer even a line of credit to them is disheartening.
    For prospective partners uncertain about good roleplay manners, please ask, and I will do my best to explain further.
  3. Format
    I will play either in PMs or threads. I will not play over skype or any other instant messaging client. I might be convinced to play over Google Documents, but it is unlikely.
    Fanciful post formatting in the roleplay is something I discourage, because I have a hard time reading when text is colored or small.
  4. OOC
    I am seeking neither OOC romance nor roleplay with one person exclusively. Few things make me feel more uncomfortable than a jealous partner.
    On the subject of reminders (because sometimes I do take a long time to reply), I would like my partners to remind me to post if I have taken more than a day. My mind is not always up to the task, and if I cannot post for some time, I will inform my partner and ask that we continue when my mind is once more able.
    If I take more than a week to reply, it may be that I am having difficulties with my depression. I ask my partners please understand, and to be there when I return so that we can continue. As with before, I will try to let my partners know when this is the issue. I pride myself on being an honest player.

Characters

c415848_9d14d6699f43e40d5cfe8ad94c732e2c_tn_sm.png

Julie Mortimer
1999 pre-modern setting.
Pre-existing characters might not be viable.
An unknown eight year old is committing horrible crimes to a mysterious and possibly dangerous end.
Seeking: Adults are the best option for this plot. The setting allows for minor super powers, however there must be drawbacks as well. Partners should be willing to play against someone who doesn't want handouts and can't take a hit.
Ideas:
A Series of Kidnappings
The local kindergarten, hospital, and two day cares have been attacked. All of the bright kids have been taken, and their caretakers and teachers were found either dead with a hole burned through their chests, or terrified and babbling about a little girl with a megaphone. There is only one place for young children left untouched in the town, and few people are sending their children to it, despite the heavy guard around it. Will the girl with the megaphone come, or will she leave Sweetie Willow Daycare alone?​
Mysterious Weather
The events at Sweetie Willow Daycare are still fresh in the minds of many, and most parents in the county have stopped taking their children to school or day care, regardless of age. It's summer now, though, and school is out. Working parents are at their wits ends trying to find an alternative to day care, since the girl with the megaphone is still at large, and two towns over, the weather broadcasters are completely at a loss. The abandoned industrial district has not only frost every morning on the grass, but the leaves are turning color. The temperature difference is roughly twenty degrees between just about four city blocks of area, and the rest of the city. Someone should investigate.​
Lost and Found
A little girl has been found in the shitty part of Detroit. She was found wearing clothes that resembled those worn by prostitutes, a pince-nez, and little else. Her condition is stable despite broken ribs, hip, both arms, and lower jaw. She has been taken to a local hospital for treatment, and the news stations ask anyone who's heard of her to come forth with information. Will someone come forward with information? Volunteer to foster her? Pay her medical bills?​

c415849_104e6686cc03316154fffa577c73f179_tn_sm.png

Biocybera
2006 pre-modern setting.
Pre-existing characters not might be viable.
A young woman, formerly known for a series of kidnappings, has used a child army to conquer a large chunk of Scandinavia. Now, she is being hunted by the United States.
Seeking: Adults are again ideal, though children are also an option, if they are between the ages of three and twelve. I am looking for either partners willing to play people in opposition to her or as underlings or allies.
Ideas:
A Spy
A spy is sent either to or from the BC Corp army. Welcome to play are either spies from the UN or US, or someone for a person from BC Corp to spy on.​
In Her Service
Biocybera's army must defend and train. In this, we follow the life of one who serves her, either who sought her out to serve or who was kidnapped at some point.​
Military Strike
The United States wants to strike out against Biocybera and destroy her presence in Norway. Looking for someone on either side of this conflict, to either enact her fate or change it.​

c415873_dc1adf78ce26b3fcaa3b98bad4e070ca_tn_sm.png

Sidney Stone
2014 modern setting.
Pre-existing characters may be viable.
After the fall of Biocybera, one of her generals survived the explosion, and is living in foster care after her death, and trying to find new purpose in life, while attending high school and managing a part time job.
Seeking: Adults or teenagers work for this, either as teachers, fellow students, foster parents, or more roles. Partners should be willing to do a slow-paced roleplay centered on curiosity and mental issues.
Ideas:
Classmate of Mystery
Sid's new in school, and he doesn't dress according to the dress code. He doesn't use real smiles. He's nervous around other students. However, his grades are very high, and he finishes his assignments quickly, despite looking the part of a rebellious musclehead.​
Weirdo Bus-boy
Sid's working part time at a Coney Island as a busser, and though he's very friendly and cheerful, there's always a sense that he's hiding something, especially since the uptight manager lets him do as he pleases.​
New Foster Kid
After being in an interim home after his last foster parents passed away, Sid arrives at a new home with two backpacks and a promise from the workers that they'll bring the rest of his things later. He's one of those kids from the child army eight years ago, and never lets anyone see his neck. Nobody's reported any problems with him, except that he doesn't make an effort to become part of the family.​

c415851_dee944c785cc6fcccb4ef604acb98d77_tn_sm.png

Vincent Vance
Advanced modern. Minor sci-fi.
Pre-existing characters may be viable.
Vincent Vance is from a species that is an offshoot of humans, called demis. He's a runaway who's under government protection, and needs stability in his life.
Seeking: Males and females over age sixteen are ideal. Humans are preferred over demis. Parental instincts and racism against demis are both required.
Ideas:
I followed it home, can I keep it?
An adult or older teen notices Vinnie as he's going shopping for himself, paying with foodstamps, and not buying too much that's healthy. They follow him home and discover that he's living in an abandoned warehouse, with a pair of federal agents outside the door. Sure, he's one of those damned demis, but he's also a homeless kid who clearly hasn't had a good meal in ages!​

Last edited:
Look look, pretty advanced modern/supers/minor scifa!

Still lookin.

I like the idea of the final one. PM me!

Hi, this looks interesting, and I do believe I can meet your guidelines. :)

Any of those three still available(unless Vincent Vance is now taken) are likely to inspire me with a few ideas.

I do have a few characters from a mutant site that I could potentially revamp to fit within the confines of the BC Corps world, if you do not mind and the tailoring works. But, I've got a few other ideas too.

Let me know if you're interested, and we can get to discussing our options, eh? :)

Hi! Thank you! =)

Could you tell me a bit about your characters?

Ayup, sent you a PM. Apologies in advance for the long read...

Thanks! I'll answer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.