Welcome to the BarrelHaus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King

I read it in the paper so it must be true.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
I'm an afternoon and 1am poster lmao
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
- Horror
- Paranormal
- Supernatural
- Biblical
- Sci Fi
- World War I II
- Roman / Greek
- 80s / 90s
- Romance
- Occult
WELCOME TO THE BARRELHAUS!

1941 - Germany.

The building looks just like an old warehouse, full of beer and barrels of other drinks. A wooden sign labelled 'The Barrel Haus' hangs on tightly to the buildings wall. Not many people are seen during the day, but by night, the buildings basements come to life. Many teens turn up to secretly enjoy the American lifestyle, avoiding the tight grip of the Nazi's hands.

post-divider-1.png

tumblr_inline_mz3kwsPaMc1rvc1tw.gif

M A G G I E

As Maggie entered the room full of dancing teens, her face suddenly lit up. Everything looked quite the opposite of the street they were just on. Out there was bleak, dark and you could quite literally feel the eyes on you. Inside, there was an orange tint of the light, Jazzy piano played from the stage and everyone looked happy. Maggie was excited.

She smoothed down her beige coat and adjusted her hat before looking over at Thomas, her colleague. She didn't know him well, but they got along on the way here. He just seemed a little, quiet for her liking. But he could play and she could sing, so they ended up here.

"Hello, my lovelies!" She grinned as some of the band members greeted them both. Maggie nodded at Thomas to say they could get to their own devices now. She was ready to sing. It wasn't exactly the mission aim, but the singing was the best bit about their cover. "I'm just as excited as you are, do you have a dressing room?" She asked as she pulled at her gloves. Hopefully she could put on make up. Out there, make up was frowned upon, but in here was another story.

As they explained they had stuff to do, a boy bounced over to the two Americans, unknowingly introducing himself to spies.

"Hello dollface and her husband!" He grinned, "My name is Hugo, let me show you to your dressing room!"
post-divider-1.png

tumblr_mthyx0OkWD1qm0e7eo2_250.gif

R O B E R T

Pretending to be a German was already proving to be hard for the man. Not only was he working with men who hated gays, but men who hated Americans. The two things Robert was. Plus, he had to try to remember he was Mr. Bauer, Officer Salomann assistant. He had read as much as he could about the woman, but she was a mysterious woman.

He looked across to Claude, giving him a small smile. Claude was way calmer then Robert. He was a nervous, shaky little man. As they walked through the Gestapo offices, they parted ways. Claude went to the mans office, Robert to the womans. He gave Claude one more look before turning away.

Claude was attractive, but not really to Robert. He always had an eye for Thomas Hastings. Such a shame he was straight. Maggie attempted to cheer up the gay male by trying to say she'll find him a new German man.

He doubted it.

Robert knocked on his new boss's door, hoping she'd be less terrifying than the men he had seen on the way here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zora18
giphy.gif

Gestapo Officer Hanna Salomann

Officer Salomann opened the door, flashing a predatory smile and motioning for an ID card as she said "Hello, and you are?" While reading the card, her smile faded into a scowl. "Carsten Bauer, that means you are my assistant. How are you supposed to assist me?" She looked him up and down. Then she led him inside. The office had a sterile feeling to it, clean and gray. File cabinets, a desk, and a few wooden chairs were all the furniture it contained. Officer Salomann's desk held a staggering stack of papers. She went behind the desk and pulled out a pistol, aiming it at him and then at the papers. "Sort these papers into those file cabinets. But have it done fast because I'm going to need you to find some prisoner records soon." As he got to work on that, she sat in a chair nearby staring at him, shaking her head. "Faster! We don't have all day! I can't believe they gave me a nervous, sweaty shrimp for an assistant. I bet Hans got someone brighter." She would need to have the new batch of prisoners processed by the end of the day. They were a group of ill-fated Jewish musician youths, good for nothing and dangerous if left to influence the rest of the teens. Thinking about them now, Hanna was reminded of her teen years - in the midst of WW1. Flashes of destruction and the blood of her dead fetus appeared. She clenched the gun tightly.

tumblr_inline_mgd5hsS6Yd1rdqup7.gif

Agent Thomas Hastings

The dressing room had a noisome powdery smell to it, making Thomas nauseous. He glanced over at his partner, already getting to work on her makeup. Were they posing as a couple, or what was the plan? - he hadn't exactly discussed. He just knew they needed to capture the attention of the swing kids somehow. Build a rapport with them. Perhaps there was a lonely girl in the crowd who needed a heartthrob to dote over? Some young confused lass.. who would be willing to spill some of her parents' friends' secrets. Yeah, he mused in the mirror as he adjusted his bow tie and coat. However maybe posing as a couple would be advantageous, the boy already addressed them that way. Either way, tonight he would be observing mostly- taking note of the scenery and looking for some strange action. As he adjusted his coat, he could feel the pocket hole where he kept the bullets loosen, but it wouldn't break right? He'd just be seated at the piano anyways even if it did. He couldn't afford to be nervous, although his stomach disagreed. It could just be this room, Thomas figured. He just did not want to throw up on stage. He pulled out a thing of notes, mixed music notes and information on the club - The BarrelHaus, he just noticed the name of the place. He tried to skim the notes briefly, but this room was giving him a headache. The smell, and the lights way too bright. Finally they were called out. Maggie and him gave each other a look before taking their positions on stage- in front of the mic and behind the piano. Oh yeah, what song would they be playing again?

@King

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_ndpnbbQAU91rgkymeo6_250.gif

M A G G I E

"Hello, Hugo darling!" Maggie gave the boy a big grin as she followed him into the dressing room. She didn't think posing as a couple would work, Thomas seemed to have a knack with the ladies. She'd seen him in the office, female agents getting heart-eyed over him. "Don't worry my love, we don't have to be married." She squeezed Thomas's arm with an amused grin.

When they entered the room, the smell of heavy perfume and alcohol hit her like a wall. "Wow.." She mouthed, walking quickly to the chair in front of the mirror. She looked through her purse, trying to find the right lipstick. One was holding chloroform, the other was just a regular red. Didn't want to mix them up.

The boy from before was hurrying them. Maggie left her purse under the table and stood up, keeping her hat on. She wore a lot of make up, but loved modest clothing. She took off her coat and smoothed down her beige dress.

When she got onto the stage she mouthed "Just Dance." to Thomas, making sure he handed out the right music. As he began to play, Maggie clicked along, looking at the crowd. Once she began to sing, it seemed like the crowd began to dance. Hopefully they enjoyed it, because she was having a lot of fun.
post-divider-1.png
tumblr_mz9wkx5sOi1s5ew9do6_250.gif

H U G O

The BarrelHaus had been Hugo's home for the past couple of months and he already loved it. Everytime more people came to join it, he welcomed them with open arms. The more the merrier. He greeted the new musicians into the rooms. "I hope you guys are good. Tough crowd!" He shrugged his shoulders and grinned before pacing the room. The woman seemed much nicer than the man. He seemed like a tough guy.

Once the last song finished, Hugo looked over to the man shuffling through his music, then to the woman. "Well, your turn! Impress us!" Hugo nodded at them and rushed off. He decided to sit at the bar. He was definitely underage, but it wasn't like drinking was even legal in Germany anymore.

When the two got onto the stage, he ordered one beer. There was already the brass band waiting, but they had been there since the Barrel Haus opened. When the two began playing, Hugo nodded along with the music, already impressed by the mans playing and the womans voice.
post-divider-1.png
tumblr_mt76ph7XcW1r3z0fko6_r1_250.gif

R O B E R T

"Mr. Bauer, it's a pleasure to -" Robert handed over his fake ID card with a nervous smile. He couldn't even finish his sentence before he was rushed inside. "I'm just here to make your job easier, Officer." He kept his eyes down. Well, she was probably even more terrifying than the men he had seen. When she pulled out the gun, he confirmed that.

"Yes, Ma'am." He looked slowly up, trying to keep his calm. As demanded, Robert quickly picked up the large pile of paper. He quickly sorted through them, his blue eyes wide in fear. Damn it, now he wished he could play the saxophone or something so he could be in some underground club instead.

When she yelled again, Robert almost dropped some of the papers. He quickly opened up the cabinet and sorted quickly, his palms already a little sweaty. Everything was intimidating about this; The woman, the room, the papers he was sorting. Robert was trying to think if he could even survive this.
post-divider-1.png

tumblr_moi1dpQe5V1qdxc75o1_250.gif

H A N S

The day was just like the rest. Officer Hans sat in his office, which was swimming in papers. He was looking down at some notes about some rebellious teens. Angrily, he just stared, trying to figure out a good way of getting to them.

"Come." The man barked as he heard a knock at the door. It was then he realized it was most likely his new assistant. nobody else seemed keen on assistants, but Hans was happy to have somebody else deal with his messy office.
post-divider-1.png

Reactions: Zora18
tumblr_mcr70sKVnj1qii63mo1_500.gif

Agent Claude Jacques

Claude rolled his eyes while standing at the door. "How he barks. These Nazi bastards all think they are so tough and superior. Meanwhile, spies infiltrate their headquarters seamlessly.." Claude smirked thinking about it. The process to gaining entry as a Gestapo assistant had been rather easy. Some forged documents here and there, validating references and previous experience. The rest required just dressing in uniform and acting anti-semitic during the interviews and inspections. Their cocky carelessness would cost them.
Claude opened the door and stepped inside the office. It resembled an American college boy's dorm to him, not what he would expect of a Gestapo official.. "My name is Klaus Janz. I have been sent to assist you." He presented his ID card. The man seemed pleased. From his desk, he introduced himself and promptly provided instructions on what he would like him to do, before continuing to attend to his paperwork. Claude shook his head, he would not get anywhere just cleaning the place as the man wanted. "I am an assistant, not a maid." He stated confidently. He needed to play the part and be assertive in order to get closer to the details of the operation.

tumblr_mrswhfn75s1rt59mbo1_500.gif

Lara Raske

The music placed Lara in a good mood. She drank and danced with her usual crowd of conceited individuals. In fact, she was becoming rather bored with them and their immaturity. So she would linger around the adult section of the dance floor and bar; receiving futile, amorous looks from men who did not know any better. Some would keep her at the bar, engaging in long dwindling talks about their occupations and politics. Only to have Lara laugh in their face and ignore them later for a gal. Tonight was such a night. A Nazi sympathizer tried to talk to her about the recent young Jewish band that was arrested. It dismayed Lara to hear the news, they played so well. Apparently, they've been replaced by this duo, that play just as well but are older. While he talked, Lara watched them perform - particularly the woman. She had a certain elegance and grace about her that Lara admired, and her voice had been stellar. They played a few songs more before coming to an end. At the end, Lara got another drink from the Nazi at the bar, and then left him to go compliment the woman's performance and find out more about this new duo that would be playing regularly here at the BarrelHaus, her favorite spot.

tumblr_moi1dpQe5V1qdxc75o2_250.gif

H A N S

The male entered the door, Hans didn't look up from his work. He was just getting somewhere with a plan before he was interrupted by an ID card thrust in his face. The man huffed as he gave the card back. "Officer Hans Schmitt. Please get started on sorting those papers." Hans sat down again, preparing to write down his ideas. Then, his new assistant began complaining. "We're paying you, are we not?" He looked up, his face showing nothing but mild annoyance. "It won't take you long, just do it." He began writing, straightening out his uniform as he continued.

As his assistant continued, Hans had a thought. They needed people to infiltrate this secret hideout. But he was far too old, right? He watched his assistant, "How old are you?" He asked, watching him with gray, cold eyes.

tumblr_inline_mz3kxfoFft1rvc1tw.gif

M A G G I E

As the band stopped, Maggie enjoyed the couple of claps she got before exiting the stage. They'd get a break before playing again. She found Thomas as they got into the dressing room again. As they got there, she turned to Thomas. "You wouldn't happen to have a light would you?" Maggie knew smoking was no good for her voice, but it did wonders for her nerves. She collected one smoke from her bag and put her hat on before leaving again. "Find someone to flirt with. I hear you're good at that." She joked, giving Thomas's behind a pat as she left him.

As she got to the main hall, a young woman was talking to her. She smiled, what a wonderful looking young woman, Maggie smiled. "Thank you my darling." She smiled, her red lipstick tainting the tip of her cigarette. "Me and Thomas over there are gonna be sticking around, so I'm glad you like our music!" She grinned, blowing out smoke as she spoke.​

tumblr_m58uhzjXFE1ru6t7vo1_500.gif

Agent Claude Jacques

Claude slightly smiled before turning around to answer. "I happen to be 27." He smirked. He observed Hans contemplating skeptically and then nodding affirmatively. Silently, the Gestapo Officer pulled out a map from the depths of a black suitcase laid out on his disordered wooden desk. He handed it to the secret spy nonchalantly. Claude examined it as Hans gave instructions and context. He realized this secret hideout was located directly underneath The BarrelHaus. Bingo and score. Thomas and Maggie could help then. They couldn't leave Robert out of the action either. The team would have to rendezvous secretly to discuss this and soon. They were not versed in Gestapo infiltration processes and procedures, to begin with. They could not mess up on the documentation and methods, or else they would be exposed. But they could not learn it all in such a short time. Maybe it would be wise to take Hans with them, but then they would need to stay in their characters all throughout. "I am flattered that you would consider me, sir. But why don't you have the balls to come along? I also have a friend here who can help us. Officer Salomann's new assistant. I wonder how he's doing now." Hans seemed to have a visible physical reaction when he heard the name "Officer Salomann". Blood boiling under tense skin, clenched hands.

mv2IR.gif

Agent Thomas Hastings

He decided to try and take Maggie's advice. The fan she was chatting with seemed suitable, but way too preoccupied with her. So he went on to mingling around the lounge and dance floor. But he could feel a sensation rising in his stomach - a similar nausea again, just with no noisome trigger. As the floor beamed with the buzz of moving people and girls whispering between himself as he past by, he suddenly felt overwhelmed and oblivious to it all. All the attention tonight crawled beneath his skin and unnerved him. He needed to step outside for a smoke. He stumbled, it seems he had given his light to Maggie. He calmly observed the street, felt the sharp night air on his skin instead, tugging at his interior to steal him. Broken glass littered the edges of the street. Lamps quivered before some fizzed out randomly. You could hear the radios of houses near by, turned on loudly enough so that all the disjointed souls inside could hear. He pondered about his own. A prostitute passed by him, trying to get his attention. She received it, despite the fact that there were plenty of girls waiting for him inside. The next morning, fresh blood dripped into the seams of alley concrete from a forgotten container, near the hotel Maggie and him stayed at.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_moi1dpQe5V1qdxc75o2_250.gif

H A N S

27. Hans sniffed, he looked younger than that. The Officer grabbed more paper and scribbled down some ideas. "There is a secret hideout, just of Fleischer Street." He stood up, politely handing over his scribbly plans. When insulted, Hans gritted his teeth, "And do you think I look like a jewish musician?" His eye twitched. The man was in his 40's, there was no way he could look the part. No, he'd to the work from here. He'd also get Solomon to help him. He certainly didn't like her, but she did the job.

"Once you finish up in here, maybe you can go and find your new friend and ask him." Hans sat back down, opening his drawer. Inside was a Jefferson F-20, his pride. The handgun served him many justices.

tumblr_mz9wkx5sOi1s5ew9do6_250.gif

H U G O

When the band finished, Hugo was desperate to talk to the duo again. He wanted to be the one to make them stay. The teen bounced around the club, he had become somewhat of a mascot for the Haus. He stumbled upon Lara. Oh Lara... Hugo had been trying his best to get into her pants. No matter how many times she made it clear she wasn't into men, Hugo pretended to be oblivious.

"Hey!" He swung an arm around Lara, grinning at them both, "That was awesome! Right, sweetheart?" He pinched Lara's cheek. He considered them to be good friends, even if Hugo had unrealistic wishes. Maggie raised an eyebrow at him, hoping that they weren't together.​

Status
Not open for further replies.