Welcome, to the Age of Elements. (In Character)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sung pretty much didn't even notice the trash talk, given "Shearsnooze" sounded almost the exact same as "Shearshu" anyway. Not that he even liked the stupid name to begin with, but stuff like team names was stuff he didn't care about. Noticing a large roundhouse kick as the opener, Sung scoffed. "Are you fuckin' stupid?! Who opens like that?" he yelled at Mako as he simply dashed in with a front kick with the opposite leg Mako used to throw his kick. This way Mako's target would be removed while striking at the same time, using his airbending to push the fire away.

Jiang Li kept her distance from the rest in the arena. She was content to observe and learn what their abilities where, for now. She was confident in her own skills, but in her mind she wondered how her skills would compare to these... powers the others spoke of, and demonstrated here. Still, in her imagining mind, she kept alert... in case somehow the fighting came to her.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Poe Dameron
7zF1pkn.jpg

|Location: Fire Nation/Fire Nation Royal Palace-Pro-Bending Tournament|Mood: Annoyed-Excited & Annoyed|

giphy.gif

Morning
It was the day that would most likely change the young Lord to be's life, maybe not the only thing that would change his life... but it would make an impact on it. Longwei was in his giant bedroom, getting up and ready to leave for the Pro-Bending Tournament. He stood up out of bed, removing his red and maroon satin sheets off of him. When he fully opened his eyes, Longwei could see five guards standing at his door. "What is going on?" They said nothing, he heard his door opening. The guards moved out the way, and Longwei's father appeared. The Fire Lord, went over to his oldest son. "Son! I don't know why you want to do this... fighting with those lowlifes!" Longwei did not have time for another one of his speeches... he heard enough last night when he told the man about what he was planning on doing. "Father, I am going... and that's it! If you want to try and stop me... then go ahead." Longwei knew that his father wouldn't do that, he wasn't like the previous leaders... his deceased relatives and all. "You can go, but! These five guards are going with you." Longwei rolled his eyes, but knew not to protest.

His father walked off, as Longwei went to change and get ready. After getting dressed... in what his father would say "lowlife" attire, he was ready to go. Before Longwei left, his little sister, Lanying came running towards him. "Brother! Be safe, I don't want to have to learn how to be Lord if you die." Longwei smirked at the little girl, she thought he was going to a bloodbath or something. He gave her a hug and walked off, with the guards following close behind. "Let's go."
Later In The Day
It didn't take that long for Longwei and his five guards to get to the Pro-Bending Tournament. The Fire Nation had the best means of transportation. As he walked into the building, he could hear others yelling out in excitement, some about the fight going on and others about The Crown Prince arriving. They could be yelling out of joy... or yelling out of fear, or yelling about something way different. Longwei could never tell if someone liked him for him, or for who he was and would be. He hated seeing how people started rumors about him, not even knowing who he really was. The guards made a circle around him, so he could barely see the fight that had already started. They made their way to open area. Now in the middle of the five guards, Longwei looked like a bright red target... and not only because he wore a bright red outfit that had fire embellished cuffs, it was made obvious that he was a Royal. He could see the fight that was going on clearly now. Longwei could not wait for when it was his turn up, he hoped his guards would just sit there and not try to jump in. "You guys, when I enter the battle... do not jump in if you see me getting hurt. That is the point of the fight." The guards understood, they would have rather let him go by himself, they liked Longwei more than his father anyway.

Interaction(s): No One
Mentioned: No One
Tagged: No One

Fazan looked up and down the list for the teams participating in this game, it looked like a pretty good line-up and it seemed like there was only one viable option was one more spot with the very prestigious fire prince Longwei, and an Earthbender by the first name of Zaya, he decided that that would be best for a group, as that would complete that group of three and each person would be of a different bending ability, as he was an airbender. He slung a bag around his back and went to meet this new group of his.

The fire prince himself was a strange sight to see, especially at a place like this, although much of the same could be said for Fazan, as everyone around him were not blue-furred talking dogs. He stood there, quiet but not nervous, as although this is a very strange team for one, this team would be a very strong one, as the strangest teams usually are.

As for the interaction with his team, he just sat down criss-cross style and laid his bag in front of him, staring at both of his members but staying quiet, watching as the make judgement and guess as to what this dog is doing here before he answered plainly toward his team a brief description of who he is, while making gestures with his pawish hands with every word he spoke.

"Greetings, dear Longwei and dear Zaya, I am Fazan, your third teammate. I feel as it will be an honor being on your team...now do you have any questions for me?"

"Huh, I thought it was going to be one versus three. Nobody could win with those odds." Jundi said quietly, shuffling up to make room for Emiko as the Dragon Priestess sat down. The last part of his sentence, however, wasn't true. He knew people who could win with those odds. And in sparring, he'd taken on five before and worn them out without taking a scratch - but he supposed these 'Pro Benders' were a lot tougher than his sparring opponents. His expectations were sorta high.

The bell rang, and Jundi watched plainly as the battle began hard and fast. Huh. Maybe it wasn't as dull as he'd anticipated to watch. A part of him would've actually desired to see who won, if he knew any of the people. Watching this was knew to him, but these people were far too aggressive in his opinion. He would've gone for a much more defensive start. But in a way, he was glad to watch reckless offence, because it was way more fun to watch.
Though he really wouldn't be able to stand a vast amount of cheesy one-liners, the skills of the benders seemed quite remarkable so far. And, judging by the air-based defensive kick to counter the flaming roundhouse, Jundi supposed airbenders WERE allowed.

The crowd was still numbing his mind, though. A part of him wished he hadn't come here, but hey, he'd met a Dragon Priestess. Worth.

"Excuse me, is anybody sitting here?"

Jundi slightly turned his head to see the owner of the voice. ...A girl. Who looked pretty young. Perhaps her parents had let her come watch the games; this 'Pro-Bending' seemed to appeal to pretty much all ages.

"Nope, it's free. Go for it." Jundi offered with a slight smile and tilt of the head to the young girl, finishing the last of his candied nuts. Crunching up the empty bag in his hand, he stuffed it into his pocket - where he discreetly used airbending to compress the bag into a tiny, compact ball of paper. "Not the best seats in the house, but they're the least crowded."

Jundi leaned in a little from his slouched position, squinting a bit as he watched the benders blast their moves around.
"My money's on the... uh... was it Prideful Penguins? ...Interesting... name choice." Jundi thought aloud. He supposed he might as well try to get engaged and enjoy the sport.

Reactions: Mari and Takumi
images

Lillian Grove

Standing there Lillian prepared her ball of water and kept it hovering in air, watching Mako send fire over she got ready to defend him. Watching vividly she saw as the airbender had kicked it out of the way. Lillian was all but unhappy about the airbender, for water wasn't going to be pushed by air easily. When the boy kicked she saw the opprotunity and sent a thing of water flying at his only leg that was on the ground, after that while he was falling she sent another stream of water towards the boy to knock him back a level.
Lily was in no mood to lose, as she quickly prepared water to block oncoming attacks and to defend her teammates.
"Mako, why are you so aggresive?" She said thinking the best option would be staying defensive until they tired themselves out.

"Oh, of course! Please, sit with us, miss," Emiko says warmly to the girl with a bow of her head. Turning back to the battle, her face held interest as the battle kept going. It was interesting to see such aggressive techniques.

"Oh! That move the water bender did was wonderful!" the awe in her voice was like a childs. "I think it was something to do with penguins.... Fluffy Penguins...? Maybe Prideful Penguins is right. What was the other team? Sheershu? Eh.." Crossing her arms as she tried to remember, the young woman smiles at Jundi. "Then my money is on the other team."

Mei threw a few quick jabs in the direction of the airbender on the Sheershu's side; sending two rock disks his way before taking a quick glance to her teammates.

"Maybe he's just excited?" The teen suggested with a chuckle as she kept up a fighting stance, turning back to look at their opponents and bumping her knuckles together once more. This caused a couple more nearby rock disks to rise near Mei at the ready.

Jiang Li continued to stand from a distance, watching the others there in action. Of course, she was in admiration of how these people wielded such power, and had such control of their powers so as not to simply destroy each other as they fought. This was quite different from the sparring she was used to, where it would be much easier to hold back from injuring a partner, or a practice target. Though, in a positive way, she continued to watch and be amazed by what she was seeing...

CrouchingTigerHiddenDragon1.jpg

She also thought, in her mind, how she would react, and try to survive, should she suddenly be put into a one on one battle with them. Tactics, strategies, reaction plans were being created in her thoughts as she continued to watch them.

With rocks coming his way, Sung used airbending to propel himself upwards, and attempt to fall down towards Mei with a kick. "A few rocks ain't gon' keep me down!"

Reactions: Mari
Mako Chuckles, Moving in Spirals, punching a Fireball towards Sung while he is airborne, Intent on knocking him back a Zone or two. "Agressive? No. I just don't feel like losing today. Besides, the best defense is a good Offense." His necklace Flies out of his uniform, still around his neck, but, Would Emiko be watching close enough, it could be a sign that More interesting things could be going on here. Once he lands, he tucks it into his uniform again, Unseen. "So, Whomall is ready for a Facefull of fire? The Airhead, Perhaps?" He smirks behind the protective faceplate.

Airhead? Jiang Li heard the term and looked around to see if any of them was actually someone with a head full of air? She could not tell, but she concluded that it must be a joke.

tumblr_lw2mtszCZz1qzk893o1_500.jpg

She then decided to approach a little closer, to see their fighting and sparring from a closer view. Perhaps she would learn more. This was all so intriguing to her, how these people had these abilities... and also intriguing was how a woman like her could possibly survive should she be involved in such a fight, herself.​

"Oh yeah? I have more rocks where that came from." Mei decided to move to her right and throw few more punches as well as a kick. This sent a rock Sung's way shortly after Mako's attack as well as one to each of the Air Bender's teammates.

Last edited:
Noticing an incoming projectile from the side, Sung increased his descent speed with a gust of air at his back, propelling him past where the fireballs would hit. With a rock blocking his path to Mei, he quickly began spinning, using his airbending and momentum to force himself to the side. Landing on the ground, he made a dash for the earthbender, sending out a gust of air towards her to try to keep her off balance while he ran towards her.

Emiko was clapping excitedly when she saw the necklace. Shock crossed her face and she stood up suddenly. "It's him... I found him!" the young woman yells, grabbing Jundi's hands to start bouncing. "I'll be right back!" In a blur of blue, the Dragon Priestess starts running down from the stands and hurdles the barrier that was supposed to keep people from falling into the water. Twisting in the air gracefully, she bended the air to carry her onto the stage and dropped her right in the middle. As elements flew towards her, she twirls as her hands reach out to bend them out towards the water.

Grinning happily, Emiko runs up to Mako and shakes his hand excitedly, gushing, "It is such an honor to meet you, Lord Izana. I'm a Dragon Priestess, I am so happy that I found you here! There is so much I want to ask you."

7zF1pkn.jpg

|Location: Pro-Bending Tournament/Stadium-Outer Part Of The Ring|Mood: Interested|

Longwei was enjoying the fight going on, he loved how the firebender was jumping right into action... a true firebender never holds back anything. He was like a kid at a candy store, he wanted to see everyone's moves and everyone's techniques. Longwei knew that one of these teams would be the one he would face off with in the finals. Even though his team hasn't gone yet, he knows that they will win. Longwei was so busy watching the fight that he didn't notice a... blue dog coming by him. His guards shifted towards the dog, not knowing who or what it was. Longwei noticed their movement and stood up. What he saw made his eyes pop out a little. He thought maybe someone forgot their animal? Then it spoke... which almost had Longwei loose his mind, but he also wanted to learn more about... Fazan was it? He thought the way the dog talked with his paws was pretty funny, most people he knew would never talk with their hands... seeing it as "uncivilized".

Longwei ushered his guards to the side of him, so he could greet his teammate. "Well... I don't want to be rude or anything, but I have never seen a talking dog before. Were you made like this? Did someone create you out of magic or something?" Longwei stood there, waiting to hear more. While he was waiting for Fazan to speak again, Longwei's attention was brought back to the fight, when a girl... no, a Dragon Priestess ran into the ring. "What is she doing?" He asked no one in particular. She had called the firebender... Lord Izana! The Legendary Dragon! Impossible... Longwei jumped from the stadium, going closer to the ring. "Is this true... are you really THE Lord Izana?!" Longwei knew a lot about the tales of dragons, being that the first Fire Nation citizens learned firebending from those legendary and powerful beasts, he couldn't believe that Izana would be in this man's body... yeah right.

Interaction(s): Fazan, Mako
Mentioned: Fazan, Mako, Emiko

Tagged: @Librarian Cat @FireDrake150 @Heiwa

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Mari
Mako nearly Stumbles when the Woman Basically bee-lines fo4 him. "Uhh, I'm sorry ma'am, but you can't be here... It's the middle of a match..." Mako steps back, his foot crossing one of the water gerters by too far and a red light, coupled with a buzzer, are played. Groaning, Mako moves back to Zone 2Glancing in the direction of the Fire Prince, Bowing his head. "Well, I HAD wanted to keep it concealed a little longer, But yes. I am Izana's Current Vessel." Within, perhaps only actually detectible by Emiko, Izana Laughs at Mako.

Announcer: Hold the phones what do we have here? A Mysterious woman has entered the fight? and she seems to going for Mako, Quite thr Womanizer if I do say so... Whats this? She's dragon Priestess? And Mako is Host to Izana? Weel well folks it looks like History's being made tonight!!! Don't forget to pick up Republic Cities famous Flam-e-o Instant Noodles, No one does em better!

Jiang Li looked around, a bit confused at the announcement. She was not that close, was she? She checked her surroundings to see if someone else was possibly the subject of the announcement.

Mei stopped attacking once the woman came on stage, shortly followed by someone else-who was obviously the prince of the Fire Nation from his clothes. She then glanced over to Mako and the two people that decided to jump into danger. Then the buzzard rang and whatnot, which ment Zone 2. In all honesty the teen was more concerned and confused by the two new comers rather than the buzzard and such. Though she didn't let up with her fighting stance. She did raise a brow at this new development as all this information sink in.

• Love
"Uh... wait. Pretty sure you can't just-" Jundi began as Emiko energetically rose to her feet, but it was too late - she was gone. Jundi blinked, stayed silent, before letting out a snort of laughter to himself as he sat down again. "Crazy lady... heheh..."

He wondered if she'd get thrown out for interfering. He was quite enjoying the battle, too. The waterbender's fighting style was really quite interesting. But hey - this would be fun to watch. Dragon Priestess versus the security. And she could airbend, too. Impressive, though he wouldn't expect anything less.

Surprisingly, another person came onto the stage - dressed in eye-hurtingly red clothing. And instead of the crowd going angry, they seemed to love what was going on. Jundi quietly laughed to himself as he put his face into his palm. This place was crazy...

Wait. What?! ...Izana?!

Jundi looked up, his pupils shrunk in disbelief. That... that firebender... was host to IZANA?!
"No way." He whispered.

The announcer must've been joking, and the 'Mako' guy was surely being sarcastic? Fuck the Flame-e-o noodles, Jundi wanted to know if this was some sort of prank or for real - because holy crap, these events were so suddenly being bombarded, and the crowd just seemed to eat it all up. Jundi, in his forced studies of history and such, knew quite a bit about Izana. One of the first life forms to wield more the one element. And this ancient, sacred, being... was inside some Pro Bender?

Jundi paused, licked his lips, and started laughing.
"This world really is crazy." He muttered to himself, shaking his head as he leaned back on his chair. He was excited to see where this would go next. Would the fight still continue as normal? Because some of the Pro-Benders still seemed raring to go.

The best part was how the announcer chose the moment to advertise noodles, though. What a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.