Welcome To "Safe Haven"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to remove the No Name group out of the roleplay since no one seems to be interested in it, and it'll make everything run more smoothly and we'll be able to get to the roleplay faster.
Everyone seems to be more interested in The Pack and The Doves from what I can tell =/

Yeah, I might add another character to put into the White Eagles, but if we get a multitude of Dove and Pack members, I might put a limit on it in an attempt to get more Eagle members.

Should I add in a character that belongs to the White Eagles? I think I have one that will fit just fine. She won't be in a position of power, obviously, I already have one leadership spot.

Should I add in a character that belongs to the White Eagles? I think I have one that will fit just fine. She won't be in a position of power, obviously, I already have one leadership spot.
If you want to, that'd be great. cx

I was actually thinking of making my second possible character an Eagle.

Um. Gentle correction, in the first paragraph of the first post, it still says four groups. And since you removed the No Names, there are only three. d:

My chars will up later today or monday. Making two. One for Dove and One for Eagle.

Oh can my character be the Leader of The White Eagles...if no one has claimed the spot yet?

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Um. Gentle correction, in the first paragraph of the first post, it still says four groups. And since you removed the No Names, there are only three. d:
Woops. Thank you, I didn't catch that. xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spectre of the Fade
Isabella "Izzy" Hendry
~~
bcfd0e786417d9ffe2a7ce53df9963f8.jpg
~~
BASICS
SEXUALITY: Openly Pansexual
NATIONALITY: American
GROUP: The White Eagles
RANK (IF ANY): Sniper
~~
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
APPEARANCE: Izzy stands at around five seven and generally looks the unassuming sort. Freckles are littered across her face and her eyes are a dark, pretty brown, hair equally dark and usually bound up behind her head in a neat French braid. She's usually smiling and playing the part of generally happy group member, but occasionally she'll zone out for a few moments, her eyes emptying of feeling and expression becoming one that is sad, bordering on lost. Her posture is excellent, but she's so still most of the time that it's eerie. She doesn't make gestures with her hands or twiddle things between her fingers or make unnecessary movements with her head, and that's the sort of thing that can bug people once they notice it.
SCARS: She really only has two major scars, a short but thick one directly under her chin from an accident involving her twin brothers and her father's anvil when she was nine and a quarter sized one near her left collarbone from a gunshot wound. If asked about the latter, she likes to give the person a wicked smile and press their fingers to it so they can feel the bullet, which is wedged into the bone. She also has the usual array of nicks and cuts and scrapes most people gain just through living life, though she might have more than the average person given the kind of childhood she had.
TATTOOS: US Army insignia on her right bicep
OUTFIT: White tee that has several darkly colored and questionable stains on it that refuse to go away no matter how many times she washes it; a green three quarter sleeve button up shirt; a jean jacket that's a fairly recent acquisition and also two sizes too big; dark jean pants that are beginning to wear at the knees; comfortable and well-fitting combat boots
~~
PERSONALITY
Cunning, Responsible, Opinionated, Empathetic, Serious, Quiet, Analytical, Passionate, Awkward, Capable, Patient, Closed-minded
Izzy's strong suit has never really been socialization, and fear of saying the wrong thing or making the wrong move has shaped her into a fairly quiet person that keeps to herself. Even with that, she's still a very opinionated and outspoken person on subjects she cares about, such as family, and it's difficult to get her to stop once she's begun arguing her point. Years of helping her father and older brother look after the younger siblings has left her with a strong sense of responsibility, as well as an incredible amount of patience and ability to understand the feelings of others. Her ability to empathize and her intolerance for opinions that directly contradict her own are two elements of her personality that seem to conflict, but she can accept and appreciate a person's reasons for believing the way they do while still viewing their opinion as wrong.
She's never been good at making jokes or gently teasing another person, but that makes her no less able to understand when someone is joking or poking fun at her. After all, being socially awkward does not mean she is a loner. Not to mention that she grew up with four fairly affectionate brothers.
~~
Proving someone wrong
Greens and grays
Animals, especially cats
Nighttime
Being around her family
Dr. Pepper
Absolutely any kind of gumbo, and okra by itself
DISLIKES:
Excessively cruel or violent people
Yellow
Public speaking
Spiders, ants, and anything else with more than four legs
Being made to repeat things
Large crowds
STRENGTHS:
Fantastic shot with a firearm
Able to maintain a run over long distances
Training in and knowledge of basic survival skills, from skinning a killed animal to lighting fires to basic first aid
Patience
WEAKNESSES:
Awkward around people
Not very physically strong
Severe insectophobia
Tends to forget to eat or rest at somewhat regular hours without being reminded to do so
BAGGAGE:
~An Accuracy International AS50, which is a .50 caliber sniper rifle, that she's had since before the outbreak and lovingly maintains
~A fanny pack in which she keeps a couple of extra magazines for her rifle
~A Kukri style knife with an elegantly engraved handle kept on a sheath which is strapped to her left thigh
~Her dogtags, one hanging from a chain on her neck and the other tucked into her boot
~~
HISTORY
Izzy comes from a large family, not because she has lots of uncles or aunts or cousins, but because she has six siblings. She's the second oldest, and from Louisiana, same as the rest of her family. Her childhood would have been chaotic enough with the five younger siblings, but the family lived on a fairly large plot of land an hour or so outside of Baton Rouge, and there was much to be done around the home as well. To make difficult matters worse, her mother died when she was thirteen, an event which had her father kind of retreating from the world. The years he spent grieving taught Izzy valuable lessons about multitasking, patience, responsibility, and how to wait that would become useful in her adult life.
At nineteen, her father was stable enough to look after the youngest kids on his own, and she was quick to take the opportunity to leave home. She enlisted with the Army, passing Boot Camp and then sniper training without issue. None of her deployments were extremely exciting. The last one she was sent on before Virus Z ended with her getting shot, and she was recovering in a military hospital in Utah when the outbreak happened. Luckily for her, she was healed enough to move and fight back, managing to make it out of the base and set off on her own. She arrived in Safe Haven only a few months ago, and only recently joined the White Eagles.
~~
EXTRA:
She is left handed.
Quite a good cook, although she would never volunteer for cooking duties
She is Christian, but does not wave her faith about like it's a flag.
She can speak bits and pieces of French and German, enough to hold a small conversation, but she is fluent in neither language.
The order of her and her siblings is as follows:
Richard, eldest and soldier in the Marine Corps, status unknown
Izzy
Jonah, the older of the twin boys and the one who elected to stay at home with their father, status unknown
Marcus, the younger of the twin boys and lieutenant in the Navy, status unknown
Naya, the middle girl, status unknown
Reese, youngest girl and "rebel" of the family, status unknown
Dalton, ten year old boy and youngest of the siblings, status unknown
THEME:
~~
Gemma-Arterton.jpg

Reactions: Mysty and Hermit
I feel like I should confess this. @Hermit, I have listened to Jekyll and Hyde like four times since I went through the sheets and listened to all of the themes. Fantastic song. And FFDP is fantastic, so. Just. Yeah. c:

I feel like I should confess this. @Hermit, I have listened to Jekyll and Hyde like four times since I went through the sheets and listened to all of the themes. Fantastic song. And FFDP is fantastic, so. Just. Yeah. c:
;o Yoooooooooooooo. Can we get married? xD FFDP is absolutely fucking amazing and just. Oh my god. One of my most favorite bands of all time. Just. Yes. :3 I'm glad you like them though<3 BECAUSE NOW WE CAN BE BROOOOSSSSSSSSSS. o-o

:3

• Love
Reactions: Spectre of the Fade
;o Yoooooooooooooo. Can we get married? xD FFDP is absolutely fucking amazing and just. Oh my god. One of my most favorite bands of all time. Just. Yes. :3 I'm glad you like them though<3 BECAUSE NOW WE CAN BE BROOOOSSSSSSSSSS. o-o

:3
Can we? :D I listened to their version of Bad Company years ago, loved it, and just. Ugh. Only loved them more with every song of theirs I hear for the first time. But yes! Bros! All of the bros. broooooossssssss~~! c:

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Oh my gosh. I think Jodie's just gonna be all on people when she sees them. O_o Especially Cath. Because. I don't know. She's just gonna be like that, I guess. xD It's like Jodie and James are two complete opposites and it's just too funny. While Jodie's off hugging and jumping on other's, James' is just gonna get angry and hurt something or someone <~< >~>

Random question. Where is The Pack's base? The Doves are in a church and the Eagles are in a hospital, but no specific location was given for The Pack. I would suggest a prison or other defensible place, given the nature of the group, unless you've already got somewhere in mind. d:

My Leader of The Eagles and my Dove member will be up tonight.

Reactions: Hermit
Random question. Where is The Pack's base? The Doves are in a church and the Eagles are in a hospital, but no specific location was given for The Pack. I would suggest a prison or other defensible place, given the nature of the group, unless you've already got somewhere in mind. d:
A weapon shop would make sense. Plenty of weapons, but little other supplies.

A school would also make sense, because it's so well fortified and easily defensible.

A weapon shop would make sense. Plenty of weapons, but little other supplies.

A school would also make sense, because it's so well fortified and easily defensible.
A weapons shop wouldn't be big enough. It has to be a base in which multiple people can live and eat and sleep without bumping into one another every other second. School would work quite well, though.

A weapons shop wouldn't be big enough. It has to be a base in which multiple people can live and eat and sleep without bumping into one another every other second. School would work quite well, though.
I'd say a small military base on the edge of town or something, but that wouldn't make much sense for it to be there.

An old refugee camp, perhaps. I'd rationalize it with that the camp was too small and had too little resources, so they moved to join a bigger one further west. Some supplies were left behind in the rush to leave, including weapons from forgetful soldiers, food, and medical supplies, the latter two having worn down over time due to the Pack's occupation of the camp. The supplies will last a little longer now that the Doves split off, but they still have little time before the resources run out.

All up to Mysty, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.