Welcome to "Safe Haven" (It lives edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I don't particularly like using pictures in my CCs - But, if I find good ones, I'll update.)

NAME: Claire Byrne

NATIONALITY: Irish

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Claire is short and underweight, having a height of only 5'1" (1.50m) and a weight of 91 pounds, (41.3kg.) She has long, light blonde hair that reaches the middle of her back when put down. She has small facial features but large, green eyes. She has a visibly thin face and her bones can be seen through some parts of her body. She has a small chest. She has small scratch marks on her right cheek that have scarred over. Claire has badly formed teeth.

OUTFIT: Claire wears a black hoodie with parts of the arms re-enforced with leather scraps. She also wears a red plaid skirt with black and white striped thigh-high socks padded for warmth and protection underneath, wrapped in certain areas with cloth and bandages. She has a dark green school bag of medium size, torn in some places but still usable. Claire also has a pair of fingerless wool gloves with a single strip of duct tape around each one for additional protection, along with a large pair of steel-toed black boots, which are two sizes too large for her, but are padded to fit better. She wears her rosary beads at all times. She wears one of her mother's t-shirts under her hoodie.

PERSONALITY: Claire has a very fragile mind and she is scared and upset easily. She is usually reserved and quiet, only speaking when she needs to. This can lead to problems when she is too afraid to ask questions on subjects she is confused about. She is not a good talker and often offends people on accident with unintentionally offensive remarks or questions. She is disturbed and sickened by violence and gore, but can be frighteningly violent and cold if she is provoked. She is strongly religious, and continues to pray to God despite the condition of the world. She has a hard time taking care of herself. She cannot read or write well. She doesn't understand complicated words. She some times confuses zombies for uninfected people. She has a soft, Eastern Irish accent. Claire is allergic to dogs, they make her sick, but nothing deadly. She is right handed.

LIKES: Feeling safe, candy, humming, drawing, other people her age, God, cats.
DISLIKES: Sudden loud noises, hurting people or animals, sour food, evil people, gore, insects, dogs.

STRENGTHS: Claire is agile, silent, quick, and can tend to and heal wounds thanks to her mother's training. She doesn't need to eat much. She knows where to stab with a knife.
WEAKNESSES: She is physically and mentally weak, easily scared, and sometimes screams when frightened. She is squeamish and easily depressed. She is terrible with firearms. She is allergic to dogs.

BAGGAGE: Three bandages, half a bottle of medical alcohol, a small container of pain pills, two empty plastic water bottles, an icepick, two screwdrivers with different heads, a butterfly knife, four razor blades, (two rusty,) a quarter bar of old chocolate she has been "saving", a large hardback Bible, a small glass bottle of Holy water, red, yellow, and green colouring pencils, a rabbit teddy bear, a crudely drawn drawing of her and her parents, an old roll of duct tape, a t-shirt, two large scarves, and a pair of wooly black socks.

SHORT BIO: Claire lived in the east of Ireland with her mother, father, younger brother Michael, and her older sister Sadhbh, (pronounced "Sive".) Her father was a detective and her mother was a nurse. Sadhbh was also practising to be a doctor. Her family was strongly religious. After the outbreak, Claire's mother taught her about nursing to prepare her for the world ahead. A year later, Claire's parents stayed in Ireland while the rest of the family were evacuated to the United States. For months the group Claire had been in moved around, until settling in a small encampment in the north east of Wyoming. By this point, Claire's younger brother had passed away, and an unbreakable bond was formed between the sisters. Sadhbh found love in the group, and formed a relationship with a Swedish man named Emil Nyström. Claire grew close to Emil, and he felt like an older brother or even a father to her. Three years in total after the outbreak began, the virus found it's way into the group, and many members became infected. Many people fled or died during the incident, and Sadhbh was reported missing. The group was in shambles, and overnight Emil and Claire left the group to travel north, to Montana. Where it's safer. The pair have just arrived in Redville.

EXTRA: Claire can speak some Swedish and a good amount of Irish. She has many prayers and Bible verses memorised. She lets Emil carry her food. She hopes to reunite with her family some day. The boots she wear belong to Emil. Her blood type is O-.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NAME: Emil Nyström

NATIONALITY: Swedish

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Emil stands at slightly above average height, 5'11", (180cm,) and weighs 130 pounds, (59kg). He has medium-length jet black hair and a full short black beard. His eyes are dark blue and he has very defined features. His skin is very white. He has large hands. He has plenty of body hair. His eyebrows and nose are noticeably large, and he has thin lips. His arms are well toned, but his chest and legs remain thin. Emil has a large amount of scars on his hands, more of which on his left. He also has a vertical scar on his lip from his boxing days. He has a small tattoo of the Swedish flag on his upper right arm, right below his shoulder, along with his date of birth directly below. His teeth are straight and white.

OUTFIT: Emil wears a tough dark brown leather jacket with light body armour underneath, about enough to stop a 9mm round. He wears fingerless leather biker gloves and black jeans. He wears biking knee pads over his jeans for extra protection. He has a brown leather revolver holster around his waist. He wears large brown working boots. He is mildly far-sighted but one of the lenses of his glasses are missing so he rarely wears them. He wears a large black rucksack.

PERSONALITY: Emil is a kind and loving man with somewhat of a silver tongue. He has a strong Swedish accent and sometimes speaks or swears in Swedish on accident. He is an introvert but still knows how people operate and can usually talk his way out of a situation before resorting to violence. He has a poor mental state after the loss of his love, but still tries his best to remain optimistic when he can. He has a sense of humour and can't help himself from cracking a good joke, even in the worst of situations. Despite his kind and happy attitude, Emil is not afraid of violence or gore, and does not so much as flinch when inflicting pain upon or killing a person that deserves it. This makes him good at hunting animals and taking down infected people. His aim with a gun is not great, but it is exceptional. He is awful with a bow. He has a strong punch and a stronger swing with a melee weapon. Emil is left handed.

LIKES: Jokes, remaining optimistic, boxing, Swedes, the Irish, cooking, snow, making sure the people he loves are safe.
DISLIKES: Zombies, archery, loss, hurting people he cares for, hot weather, pessimism, swearing around kids.

STRENGTHS: Emil is hard-hitting, persuasive, optimistic, funny, driven, can take a few punches, not squeamish, kind, and caring. He is a skilled cook and exceptional carpenter.
WEAKNESSES: He is not great at reading English, mentally weak, clingy, overly violent in fights, farsighted, and not a great shot. He isn't the smartest person.

BAGGAGE: Emil carries a revolver in his chest holster and a scoped wooden hunting rifle on his rucksack. In his rucksack, he has a box of eighteen rounds for his hunting rifle, a box of thirty rounds for his revolver, seven various canned foods, glasses with one lens missing, a can opener, a note from his lost love Sadhbh, a survival knife, underwear, various items of clothing for him and Claire, a photo of him, his parents, & his younger brother, two toothbrushes, three quarters of a tube of toothpaste, a shaving razor, a hatchet, a Swedish book, a frying pan, a cooking pot, two butter knives, a fork, three spoons, a flash light, six extra AA batteries, and a harmonica.

SHORT BIO: Emil grew up in a small village in northern Sweden with his parents and his younger brother. He was an amateur lightweight boxer as a teenager, and won the championship in his county, Västerbotten, when he was 19. At the age of 22, Emil moved out of his parents' house and got a new job as a carpenter before becoming a small time cook a year and a half later. He worked as a cook for the next two and a half years, eventually moving further south to forward his career. When the virus reached Sweden, Emil travelled back north to his family, but by the time he had arrived his home town was empty. Emil was forced to evacuate the country as well, and ended up within a group of survivors in the US. They eventually settled down in Wyoming and Emil fell in love with an Irish girl, Sadbh, and formed a strong relationship with her and her younger sister, Claire. Years later, the virus tore the group apart, and Sadbh was infected. The couple exchanged their final "goodbye"s and "I love you"s before Emil shot Sadbh in the head. He hid her body and told Claire that Sadbh went missing. He left the group overnight with Claire and travelled north, to Montana, to find a new group.

EXTRA: He is fluent in Swedish and near fluent in English. He misses the Internet. He hates himself for killing Sadhbh, even though it was not his fault. His blood type is AB+.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its okay. As long as you provide a good written description I don't feel the need for a picture. I just know that a lot of people like to use them.

Reactions: Link
Do you think what I have is enough? I could try and write more if not.

Updated Emil's description and gave him some toothbrushes, that look okay to you?

Yup. Just remember all that stuff in the middle there. XD

I probably won't, so I'll just check the CC when I have to. xD Do I have the green light to join the IC? Or is there one? I found one for "New Haven" but I'm guessing that's an old one.

I probably won't, so I'll just check the CC when I have to. xD Do I have the green light to join the IC? Or is there one? I found one for "New Haven" but I'm guessing that's an old one.

Nah, New Haven is it. It's just dying :/ I'm in Japan and everyone else is quiet.

Well, I hope we can make it more active then! I really like the look of this RP and its characters so far, and it holds much promise.

It's not really my turn to reply. Everyone always leaves when its their turn =~=

If you feel you can fit in a reply, go on ahead - it's better to keep the RP alive than to go for the best possible story, IMO.

Yes. Please, feel free to move things along if you want to. You can assume that the currently inactive characters will follow where you go.

@Xytheus @derelict_lilyflower @CookieMonster @Thomas McTavish Are you guys there? I love your guys's characters and the story I am brewing up. I don't want to lose you!

Xytheus, When I wrote that I forgot you said you needed to leave. Feel free to ignore me then. XD

• Thank You
Oh, and I am sorry I was not able to keep to the plan I had set out. I also ran into a small amount of real life problems that made me a little too busy for that...

Its okay Potato. I'll see what I can come up with when I get home mkay.

Alright. Don't mind me. I'm running on one hour of sleep and some ADD meds.... I'm starting to crash hard.

I can make a small post for Evie if needed but don't expect anything great. ^^ My phone keypad skills are sorely lacking.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get my characters to meet yours?
I was thinking they could just cross paths, but something more interesting could be arranged. A robbery, maybe? Life saving?

Well, if you want them to live, I wouldn't try robbing anyone with Robert around. People would die.

Status
Not open for further replies.