Welcome to "Safe Haven" (It lives edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@VengefulPeanut Mind if Sean's on of the "anybody"'s Evie's talking to?

Oh, just because I don't remember if this is made clear enough, but virus is mainly spread through bodily fluid. So don't let infected saliva or blood get into your eyes, mouth, or any open wounds. Via these methods the virus has an extremely high rate of infection. (Like 95%. Doesn't actually always transmit, but it almost always does. Your characters have probably not actually seen someone live through getting bit or bled on.)

e822dc5127f88bc49688972187ccab56.jpg

NAME:Robert "The Vulture" Kotz

NATIONALITY:American

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:A man around average height at 5'10 with a lean, muscled build leaving him at 155 pounds. He has short hair and beard that look to have been cut himself, and without a mirror. He has brown hair and brown eyes, and rugged and blocky features. He is not the most attractive man.

OUTFIT: See above. He also has a set of warm weather clothes, but is not currently wearing them. The rifle shown is not what he actually carries.

PERSONALITY:Rough, harsh, unfreindly, aggressive

DISLIKES:Going hungry, the infected, people.
STRENGTHS: Great survivalist, excellent with a rifle, good at close quarters combat, professional combat training, stealthy.

WEAKNESSES:Uncharismatic, rude, doesn't work well with others, a little bit crazy.

BAGGAGE: MK 17 Mod 0 (Also known as the Scar Heavy uses 7.62X51 NATO.), machete, large bag, milspec gasmask and filters, one hand grenade, MRE's, can opener, lighter, 200 rounds of 7.62X51 NATO, 3 magazines for before mentioned rifle, two military issue canteens, and a large array of pointy metal objects such as screwdrivers, ice picks, and the like. Cold weather clothing. Tactical harness with magazine pouches. This also holds many of his pointy metal things.

SHORT BIO: Robert was a Marine, although he left active service a few years before the infect began to spread. He has spent the last 3 years on his own and has just found the town of Redville. That time alone has not been kind to him.

Extra: Here is the wiikipedia page about the rifle for those who haven't heard or seen it before. SCAR-H

THEME:

Oh, and let me clear a few things up about the infected. Headshots only, of course. The virus does slow down general motor skills at a rather alarming pace. The long infected are sluggish and slow, but the recently infected tend to be a bit like the zombies from 21 days later. Fast, relentless, and pissed the fuck off. Pretty much all the zombies in Redville fall into the slower more lumbering group.

So, where are you guys from? I only ask because your characters don't seem to grasp how mother fucking cold winter as far north as Montana gets, especially now that central heating is not a thing. We are on the Eastern side of the Continental Divide, where in the winter it often reaches below zero temperatures. Now, depending how much your characters know about this far North, they may or may not know this.

Personally I'm from Pennsylvania and the winters aren't as harsh as Montana, nor do I know what it's like. SO I'll say my character is ignorant to that and is from the sunny east coast state of Virginia.

My character has lived there long enough he knowa what the winter is like.

Excellent. So those who are new to the area and harsh winters in general shouldn't freeze to death because there are others there that probably know better.

Evie'll probably grab a bigger coat as well if that's what you're referring to. Then again, she's from York so she's used to some degree of cold... and lots of rain XD

Look, when I fully introduce The Vulture and what he has as far as cold weather clothing for the sort of things he is expecting, your characters will probably quickly learn that they might just be under equipped for the winter. XD

And don't take what I am saying as me saying you guys are not writing convincing characters, because you actually are and their seeming underestimation of how cold it might get adds to the realism. I like it. I just want to put it out there that if your character has lived in the area for at least one prior winter, they would know it gets very very cold.

And don't take what I am saying as me saying you guys are not writing convincing characters, because you actually are and their seeming underestimation of how cold it might get adds to the realism. I like it. I just want to put it out there that if your character has lived in the area for at least one prior winter, they would know it gets very very cold.
'Tis why Evie'll grab a bigger coat at some point. Though she will have one already at the camp. The shopping trip is more for vanity reasons and not going clinically insane :)

Status
Not open for further replies.