Welcome To Oakwood (Character Sheets / OOC / Information)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a link to the IC thread? I skimmed through this thread and didn't see one.

The thread is now up, and those that need to post, can.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/welcome-to-oakwood.42517/

Also, would you guys rather have everyone post their intro post whenever they want to, and after everyone does, we then do the posting order?
That way we can see where everyone's character is and what they are doing? Just a random idea that came to me.

EDIT: We're going to do that. So everyone post their intros and then we can do the order then.

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind but I'll put my character on the helicopter as a survivor. It would be weird if two people happened to stubble upon the same helicopter before the city at the same time.

I'm going to be a little slow with getting my intro up. A storm went through our area and it's been fucking with my net ever since. Time Warner Cable assures me that they are aware of the issue and valiantly working to rectify the problem. (They didn't actually use the word valiantly)

Is there still place to join in on this or am I too late? I found this by mistake while searching the forums. I wanted to play a male character if that is possible. Thank you.

@N0VA™ You are more than welcome to join, go right ahead. (:

Post a character sheet and shell add you to the mix. Make sure to post ypur first post in the regular thread. Entering post has bo order

Full Name: Kris Merritt

Birthplace: United Kingdom - Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

Personality: Kris has a very authoritarian personality, quiet and is quite impulsive at times

Biography: Born in a ghetto suburban area in London, United Kingdom to two parents. Lives with them until the age of eighteen, at that age he is forced to either go to college or leave their house. After a year he joins her Majesty's Army and in another three years he is accepted into her Majesty's Special Air Service Regiment. In the next years they are shipped into several different operations around the globe ranging from special operations to counter terrorism… his last operation within the United Kingdom is to contain the spread of the virus infection that turns people into zombies. The operation fails, the government is destroyed and the United Kingdom lies in ruins, his regiment is scattered across the whole island of Great Britain and most of them are dead if not all of them. He with other people leaves the United Kingdom in a military helicopter in hopes of reaching the United States of America. Shortly after they reach the USA they are shot down, he falls out of the helicopter midair but close through the ground, on the way down he loses his handgun and is limited to the use of his primary weapon for long-range and melee weapon for close range. He continues to brave through the unknown area alone.

Weapons:

Primary Armament: Standard Issue Special Air Service Sniper Rifle – Accuracy International AWM

[spoili]
Accuracy_International_Arctic_WarfareM_-_Psg_90.jpg
[/spoili]

Melee Weapon: M48 Ops Combat Machete

[spoili]
A17-UC3023.image
[/spoili]

Equipment:

-NAVIGATION:

[spoili]-||-Magellan GPS Receiver

[/spoili]

[spoili]-||-Spyglass - Thermal Imaging Observation Aid

sophie%20UF.jpg
[/spoili]

-NIGHTVISION GOGGLES

[spoili]-||- AN-PVS7 Night vision Goggles

pvs7_1.jpg
[/spoili]

-BACKPACK

[spoili]-||- Standard Issue Bergan Special Air Service Rucksack

41Ej7rJgkRL._SY300_.jpg
[/spoili]

-FLASHLIGHT

-GAS MASK

-BULLETPROOF VEST

[spoili]
220px-FileArmy_IOTV.jpg
[/spoili]

-MILITARY WATCH

-MRE'S - Meal, Ready-to-Eat

[spoili]-||- Two MRE's[/spoili]

-FLASHBANGS

[spoili]-||- Two Flashbangs[/spoili]

-HIGH EXPLOSIVE FRAGMENTATION GRENADE

[spoili]-||- Two HEF Grenades[/spoili]

Skills:

- Counter-Terrorism

[spoili]-||- One Sabre Squadron is responsible for counter-terrorism duties, with a team on a constant state of alert. The 4 squadrons rotate through this role on a 6 monthly basis.[/spoili]

- Intelligence Gathering

[spoili]-||- Sneaking into enemy territory to gather intelligence about troop strengths and movements is not as glamorous as leaping across embassy balconies but it is the bread and butter of special operations work. SAS recon teams must be able to remain hidden under the nose of the enemy for days on end, lurking concealed in dug out hides and on so-called 'hard routine' (no talking, no smoking, cooking etc.). The Regiment trained to do this against the Russians but the techniques were used to great success in the barren hills of the Falklands and the hedgerows of Northern Ireland.[/spoili]

- Target Attacks - Behind the lines sabotage

[spoili]-||-The Special Air Service regiment began its life in World War 2, carrying out daring sabotage missions behind German lines, first in North Africa and then in the European theatre. The modern days S.A.S. keeps up the tradition and are experts at infiltration deep into enemy territory, destroying fuel dumps, communication lines, bridges and railway lines.[/spoili]

- Close Protection

[spoili]-||-The Regiment is masters at close protection duties (CP) - body guarding to the layman - having developed many of the protocols themselves. VIP protection is the responsibility of the Counter Revolutionary War (CWR) wing. Nowadays much of UK Military CP work is being done by specialized military police units.[/spoili]

-Krav Maga

[spoili]-||-Krav Maga is a self-defense system developed for the military in Israel that consists of a wide combination of techniques sourced from boxing, savate, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Judo, jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and grappling, along with realistic fight training. Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations and extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks.[/spoili]

-Muay Thai

[spoili]-||- Muay Thai is a combat sport from the muay martial arts of Thailand that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques. This physical and mental discipline which includes combat on foot is known as "the art of eight limbs" because it is characterized by the combined use of fists, elbows, knees, shins and feet, being associated with a good physical preparation that makes a full-contact fighter very efficient. Muay Thai became widespread internationally in the twentieth century, when practitioners defeated notable practitioners of other martial arts.[/spoili]

Appearance:

Current Military Uniform and Appearance:

[spoili]
unsc_army_soldier_4_by_lordhayabusa357-d73p2j6.png
[/spoili]

((Please do ignore the gun in the picture. Thank you.))

Face:

[spoili]
The%2BChris%2BEvans%2BBlog%2B020511%2B001.jpg
[/spoili]

Last edited:
How many people have joined now? How many have posted, and how many have not?

I completely missed the post about the thread being up. I'm sorry I haven't posted yet, but I'll try to get one up sometime today if I remember to.

Take your time guys. I'm going to be on and off a couple of days because I'm going through a really, really hard breakup.

Just those that need to post, do it when you can. No rush.

I hope me and @xxDarkest_Assassinxx didn't skip anyone.

@Charlene Do you think that our posting order should be the same order we posted our first posts or would you like use to still use the posting order you made?

Reactions: 2 people
I wasn't attempting to skip anyone if I did. I was simply trying to open up more opportunities for other characters. Jake brought Felix into the wood which brings them closer to others. If they are seen by other characters, then it opens up more chances for interactions amongst characters and more development. If anyone was skipped in the posting order, I do sincerely apologize

The only two people that didn't post their introductions were @Lonewolf888978 and @N0VA™, whom I didn't say was accepted but you are automatically, so I apologize about that.

I may just get rid of the posting order completely and allow everyone to post a maximum of 1-2 posts a day, that way it doesn't get too far ahead or having people anxiously wait for their turn.

Not to mention, I'm sure you guys want things to get going, correct?

Oh, I thought I wasn't accepted for this. Thank you Charlene... I will post soon, I am fairly busy these days and occupied with school, thank you.

I don't see anything wrong with the posting order, but it relies on people to actually post or let us know they're not going to be bothered about it. Either way, it doesn't matter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.