Welcome to J.D.R.R.A (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving a small clap to which he urged everyone else to follow suit, in turn Riley put the folder of papers down. "Wonderful Ms. Mychelle! See everyone its as simple as one, two, flip the canoe." Giving a slight chuckle at that old little joke he made up way back when. "Right'o onto the next random draft. And next to bear witness and show it all on stage is....Mr. Hunter." He gave a small encouraging clap as if he had won a grand prize and awaited to see just what Hunter had to impart about himself.

Jason was currently looking up and counting the ceiling tiles 1 by 1 as he had done many times, but always came up with an odd number which kinda bugged him in a way. He sat right next to Mychelle who had been the "first draft pick" as it were and was surprised to hear her speak as this was the first time she did so around him. Then again he couldn't judge voices as his didn't fit his persona either since it was rather deep, and loud. He tore off an edge of the paper on his desk and wrote down a little message but left enough for a reply. He then placed it upon her desk with surprising accuracy as he did so without looking her way. The note read as such, "First, nice accent. Second, what do ya think of him so far?"

Mychelle was already getting the impression that Mr. O'Connor deserved to be anywhere but where he was right now, teaching Death Row teenagers. This man was either much too excited about his job or not the sharpest knife in the drawer. She could only imagine the sheer happiness this man was like behind the android...

She was ready to listen to Hunter, who was her roommate and someone who didn't speak all that much, when she received a note on her desk. It was on the right of her desk, so she had to assume it came from said boy on the right of her. She got her pencil and quickly wrote down a message back then put it back on Jason's desk when Mr. O'Connor wasn't paying attention.

'Thank you.

He's a very jovial man for someone teaching Death Row teenagers. What's your opinion?'

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Blake watched the little game fold out. He was getting a good impression of Mr O'Connor- Riley, but honestly was already losing interest, allowing himself to be distracted by the simplest things. It was when Mychelle's French accent pierced through his brain that he began to pay attention again. He learnt something about her; she was a singer or a liar. Which one it was didn't really matter to Blake. Either way, he wasn't joining in with her.

His eyes darted all over again, first to Mychelle, who had finished speaking, then to Riley, who was speaking and urging them all to clap, before announcing Hunter was next, which made him look at Hunter for a few moments, before settling back on the desk he was sat at, twiddling his thumbs and waiting for Hunter to do something. They did mail duty together, but Blake never really made much conversation so he didn't know too much about him. It would be nice to know something about his peers... well, if they weren't lying.

Joe found Mr. O'Connor quite amusing, It's rare to find someone who would enjoy teaching filthy criminals. When Mychelle spoke, Joe wasn't expecting the accent. He was confused for a moment, but his thoughts were shrugged off when he saw an interesting looking wall. Well, the wall wasn't interesting, but his mind just went dead as he stared off into the wall. This only lasted half a minute before Joe regained control of his mind(if he even did lose control) and realized it was Hunter's turn to speak. "This ought to be interesting..." Joe stated to himself, he bumped his seatmate with his shoulder, "Hey, are you interested in this?" His seatmate didn't know what to say, "Why yes you are then. So, what's your name? Oh, wait, don't tell me... It's Bobby, right? No? Bobby it is then!" He randomly felt proud of himself before dazing off again, staring down his table. This is something Joe would do if he isn't moving too much, he falls half a sleep.

"Well I guess we always must have the little shy sheep of the flock. Don't worry Mr. Hunter i'll come back around to you once you feel a bit more comfortable." He didn't wanna stay forever on one child especially if they were a tad embarrassed about speaking in fornt of a live audience which is quite understandable. "Alrighty then onto our next mystery contestant on our daily game show. Drum roll please!" He then walked over to his computer terminal and hit play on a video that had the classic drum roll for big reveals. He took a little bit of extra time wandering through the list this time to hype up for dramatic effect, and once the video ended he stopped his finger upon a name and opened his eyes. "Mr. Blake your up! Remember its anything ya like and no need to feel shy as we're all friends here, and hey not like many people can judge ya since their kinda allnin the same predicament."

Jason waited until he started to pick the next name before responding on the slip of paper. To be honest this guy was starting to grow on him because his attitude reminded him a bit of his mother with how happy and full of life he was. Finally after writing the quick response he placed the paper back upon her desk just a second before Mr. O'Conner opened his eyes back up and picked Blake to speak next. The note read, "Eh he kinda reminds me of my family since their kinda wacky and out there like him, but then again that's never a bad thing in a school like this. Currently pondering just what i'll say when its my turn though."

As Hunter said... nothing, Blake lost attention, and began to find something to distract himself with. He fiddled with his thumbs, looked at the door, his eyes scanning the area he was in to see how it would be. He heard the drum roll, and Mr O'Connor taking quite a long time to pick a name... his name.

Blake flinched at the sound of his name, mostly because he hadn't thought of a believable thing to say, since he couldn't say, 'My hobby is setting fire to things.' He didn't get how everyone could have such ordinary lives as well as being murderers or drug dealers or whatever else people were here. He decided to kind of tell the truth. "I'm Blake Dennison and I like cooking..." He scratched the back of his neck, the way he did when he was nervous, "Art is my hobby... umm... I have two sisters." Had. Blake hoped there wasn't any follow up questions. He wasn't normally a person who gave answers or asked questions, more of a silent learner. He certainly didn't want to share his family life, and suddenly felt like he'd shared a secret by telling the class about his sisters. Of all random facts he thought, before waiting for the next name to be called.

"Siblings eh? Well i've got a few myself actually as have five brothers within the household. Four older boys and one little lad who just had his 3rd birthday the other day." He had a bright and happy smile as he spoke of the youngest with poorly hidden pride, but quickly shook himself straight before looking back at the list. "I'm getting sidetracked though so without further ado next person to speak their minds is...," he hit the button once more and waited until it was done before picking the next person. "Mr. Joe step right on up! Well more like stand right up, but ya get my point well enough."

Joe stopped his 'dazing off' and payed attention to Blake's quick introduction, and to be honest, he was quite disappointed. Even if he knew that Blake was just trying to give a good impression, Joe was expecting the pyro to give a little information about his ugly side. Just when Joe was about to enter his messed up daydream land, he heard his name called by Mr.O'Connor. He stood up, thinking of a way of introduction. "Okay Joe, give him a good impression..." The madman whispered to himself before beginning his short introduction. "My name is Joe Keller, and I like disastrous art. My hobby is collecting goat heads for decoration, and I live with my parents, who are always smiling, like, always... Too bad they're already rotting, along with all those goat heads." Joe sighed, before realizing he somewhat got off track. "Sorry, you weren't supposed to know that, but lucky you!" He noticed a few inmates give him looks, he only smiled back.

Mychelle scribbled down her next message while Mr. O'Connor was picking out his next presenter. She was growing fond of the new teacher because of his joyous personality and sunhiney attitude. It was... refreshing to see something that wasn't dark and brooding in an academy like this...Dark and brooding like the kitchen staff.

She had to pause in her writing midway to hear that this "Joe" person collected goat heads.. And that his smiling parents were rotting away like the goat heads. Mychelle even gave Jason a look, reading him to see if he had heard the same thing she did. She made a mental note that this person was not... 'sane' and resumed writing. When finished, she snuck it onto Jason's desk when she finished writing.

'Say whatever you'd like. I'm sure it'll be fine.... As long as you do not give too much information, or hint the current state of your mental health like the smiling boy...'

To the surprise of most people in the room Riley simply laughed and clapped once Joe sat back down. "See and that's the kinda other plane persona that I like to see. Every group needs to have a sorta out there guy who's a bit wacky, and your on your way to success right there Mr. Joe." Still having a bit of a little laughing fit here and there Riley went down his list and saw that only 4 students remained to be called baring Mr. Hunter of course, but that shall come in due time for sure. "Alrighty folks so we're down to the final final our little draft system. Who will the lucky lad/lass to be chosen on this go around hmmm? Well all I may say is may the odds be in your favor." He did his whole little routine of chosing their name before landing upon the next choice. "Mr. Andrew! Your taking center stage next, and remember no kink shaming here so feel free to let loose." He gave a small encouragingly smile as he waited to see what Andrew would say.

Jason looked down at the sheet of paper that had now been filled thanks to their back and forth messages. He read the message and gave off a small grunt as he placed it back upon his desk. Joe did always catch him as a bit of a strange one, but he seemed alright for the most part. He now looked towards Andrew just to see what he would say to give them a brighter look into his life.

Andrew didn't like the look on Joe's face, and he certainly didn't like the little information about his parents and goats. He roomed with the guy after all, and now he knew that this guy might have no problem decapitating him if the time came for it... He was going to try and not get on this psychopath's bad side. Last thing he wanted was to die in a place like this...

"Huh? Oh." Andrew murmured after hearing his name being called, and so thought of what to say. "Uh, my name is Andrew Hansen, and I also do some cooking. But more with chemicals, if you catch my drift."

Mychelle knew right away what Andrew was talking about. All hardcore drugs had to be made and cooked in some way.

"I do a lot of running as my hobby, and.. hmm, some stereotypical cop named Jake arrested me. Can't really say too much about myself, sir."

"Cooking eh? Well that's not a bad hobby to have so long as its kept under control. I unfortunately have a bad habit of cooking enormous amounts of food daily even though I do live alone, so I share the rest with some of my co-wokers or food shelters." Just then he looked as though he was struck with a marvelous idea. "Tell ya what at the end of this week i wanna throw a little bit of a party to ya know end our fun week off on a high note. Of course i'll be preparing the food, and i'll take suggestions from the rest of you as well." He then looked at his computer and saw that they only had 2 more minutes here. "Welp seemes like we'll have to postpone the rest of our introduction ceremony until tomorrow. Until then you may simply mingle for the last few minutes, and I wish you all a very merry day." Sitting back down at his computer he began replying to some messages he had gotten, but ignored to pay attention to his class.

Jason was semi-glad to hear that he had been "saved by the bell" and got enough time to think up something proper for tomorrow. He turned his attention towards his note buddy. "So that was surprisingly fun for a change. Math might not be so bad this time around...well save for being trivial, but that's just school in general." Many people at school haven't heard Jason speak as he remained silent most of the time. His voice did carry a bit of an accent that hinted towards his Hispanic origin, and rather deep based that made his whisper sounds quite loud compared to normal people.

Joe sighed as he sat down, feeling relieved that he didn't quite mess up on his introduction, even if everyone thinks he did. Other than that, he was glad that Mr. O'Connor is one of the very few people who accept Joe for what he is, though he wasn't sure if it was real or just an act. Joe listened to Andrew's introduction, amused that the man didn't sugarcoat much of anything he said. Even if Joe didn't like the idea of using drugs, he was still interested in how they are made. The madman only made a drug once, the 'happy pills' were meant to make his victims laugh uncontrollably 'til they're dead, but Joe doesn't have much experience.

Blake should've been horrified, but he was actually impressed by the fact Joe could be so honest about himself and not care what people thought about him. And someone else who had killed someone close to them. Blake didn't feel so alone anymore. Ultimate respect for Joe there.

Andrew was talking next, and he was pretty blunt as well. It seemed to Blake that not many people wanted to have a good impression on the teacher, but then, the guy was such a big ball of happiness you could probably say anything and it wouldn't really matter. Blake wasn't too interested in drugs. He'd never used them and he didn't plan on doing so. Still, he quite liked Andrew.

When Riley brought up the idea of an end-of-week party, Blake's short attention span grew a little longer. That sounded so good... he actually couldn't wait for maths. He didn't believe that he was enjoying maths...

A few minutes to mingle wasn't a very good idea in Blake's eyes. He didn't really have anyone to talk to, and he wasn't going around to start a new conversation. Everyone seemed taller than him... Blake instead found his eyes darting away from people, and settling on the door, waiting for either someone to talk to him, or for him to be allowed to leave. Whichever came first.

Status
Not open for further replies.