Welcome to Inbishiburu Academy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah! Welcome!" Kyofu says excitedly and bounces a little, but tries to keep it under control. "I believe you're looking for me! I'm the principal of this establishment, here! Kyofu, at your service~" He says and extends a paw to shake. "And what might your name be?"

With an expression of utmost consternation, the fox planted his hands on his hips and straightened his shoulders. He stuck his nose in the air and announced in his best impression of a responsible human adult, "Ha! A group of slackers and layabouts, that's all they are! They couldn't even be bothered to show up and greet their new students. Shameful!" He spoke with the attitude of someone completely unaware that he was also talking about himself. Considering only an hour ago, he had been contemplating skipping out on the meet and greet (which he had thought of joining in order to avoid making his first lesson plan) in favour of basking in the sun and napping, he certainly had no room to talk.

But when had that ever stopped the silly, opinionated trickster?

Common sense seemed to catch up with him for a brief moment, and he slapped his hands together in front of his nose, in the typical pose of hurried prayer, and closed his eyes.
"Please, Inari-sama, if you can hear anything I've just said, please do not strike down your loyal Haruki with your lightning bolts of retribution. He is a thoughtless fox sometimes, and he means no harm with his foolish words." His muttered prayers to one of the more temperamental, absentee teachers over, he dropped his arms and grinned his mega-watt smile, looking less like a person and more like a Christmas tree with far too many lights heaped on its branches.

"Well, that's alright then," he said sympathetically, waving one hand in the Boogeyman's direction. "In your case, it can't be helped. But you are missing out, Shadow-kun. A nice puddle of sunshine on a warm day is hard to beat." The fox snorted, amused by the subtle jab to his awkward appearance in the unaccustomed attire. He'd worn a multitude of different outfits in his lifetime, including dresses, but he wasn't sure that he'd ever be able to get entirely comfortable in a male suit and tie. They were so... confining. Of all the costumes he'd donned, the traditional shikifuku was definitely his favourite.

"I thought it would be wise to get a head start," he chortled. "Put them through their paces sort of thing. Force them to learn early that they mustn't always rely on what their eyes tell them. Is my tail still hidden?" Ruki cast a quick look over his shoulder, just to make sure that the one tail he usually chose to show was invisible, tucked entirely out of sight. Yup. Nothing to see here. He beamed at Shadow when the creature added in his own summation of the impromptu poem.

"That's the spirit!" he cried, flinging his arms out jovially. "All these kids and their ideas about eternal life. Have you read some of their literature in regards to it? It's appalling! Romanticizing vampires and the like. A bunch of silly, foppish bloodsuckers, if you ask me, and they aren't out to give you eternal anything. To them, these kids are nothing but a quick snack on two legs instead of four." He clucked his tongue, shaking his head in disappointment, but his eye was swiftly caught by the arrival of yet another student, this one fragile and pale in appearance, much like himself. Intrigued by the cheerful smile, the pointed ears, and the fact that she was hovering just above the cement, he offered her a polite bow.

"Well, hello there, my lovely little snowdrop," he crooned, after the principal had said his piece. "So glad you could join us here."

Shadow found himself chuckling at Haru-kun's careless comment and subsequent prayer. He new his co-worker well enough to guess at what had actually driven the kyuubi here. Pots and kettles came to mind (as did an assortment of insects for some reason. Maybe a bucket full of spiders was in Haru-kun's future? It bore consideration at least), and he couldn't help but chuckle harder. "If it helps you feel any better, I doubt Inari-kun would have let you finish that prayer if smiting were in your immediate future. Though I suppose lowering your guard might provide an exquisite opening..." He trailed off and began to chuckle again. He couldn't help it, even if it was pretty dickish. The nervousness of others was simply hilarious to the Boogeyman.

At Haru-kun's question, Shadow looked at where the tail was hidden. He then stared at it, getting some "hey dude, that's really creepy" practice in. An idle thought told him that it might not be a good idea to alienate his students so thoroughly, but he just mentally waved it away. As Haru-kun so aptly demonstrated, a part of the curriculum was learning how to look past the obvious and see what's actually there.
"It is as hidden as one could ask of it, Haru-kun. They won't notice a thing unless the know what to look for and are looking really, really hard." It was a pity Shadow couldn't take such natural forms; everything he became had to be at least slightly unnerving. Ah, the downsides to being the fear of literally everything.

The Boogeyman nodded enthusiastically at Haru-kun's opinions on vampires, his eyes glowing just a bit brighter to demonstrate his mirth.
"Oh yes, I must admit to indulging in a bit of narcissism and binge-reading a great amount of monster stories periodically. Some of them are quite hilarious, whether they mean to be or no. As for the actual vampires, I find myself agreeing with you completely, Haru-kun. They take themselves far too seriously; it's rather adorable, really. Though if they tried to snack on our students, I'd be most upset with them."

Shadow waited until his colleagues had said their hellos to the student before addressing her as well. An elf, hm? How strange and delightfully unexpected. He'd been under the impression that the students would be exclusively human. How marvelous it was to be wrong. Hooray and huzzah for diversity! He gestured to the principal before speaking. "As he said, our precious Fu-Fu here is the one 'in charge'. Welcome to the academy, little one. I'm Mr. Shadow, and this" he gestured to Haru-kun "is Murakami-sensei."

Callie began to fidget around. Swinging the stuffed bunny's arms back and forth. Whispering to herself,
"I'm tired of this plane, I want off..." She began to look around the plane and saw a girl with white hair out the window, her path of travel suggested she had come from the plane. Along with a boy that she knew was on the plane not too long ago.
"Well that's not fair." Callie pouted. Callie was loyal to people she cared about and usually followed rules and orders very well, however no one here held any value to her so far. She now began to scan for exits inside the plane. If they weren't going to let her touch ground, then she was going to find a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.