Welcome to Huntington Academy.

"Of course that's okay, we're having a little first-day get together, they're all actually new friends to me. If you want you can join us." Oran smiled, opening the door for Alexis. He hoped that Zelda and Kieri, and whomever else they decided to bring wouldn't mind the extra company.

Mark shrugged his shoulders, "My names Marvin but prefer Mark."

He looked out the window and saw how dark it was.

"Wow, what time is it?"

Zelda took her phone out of her back pocket and checked the time. She looked surprised. "Oh my it's almost midnight! I need to get going.." Zelda, before she took off into the hallways said to Mark "Oran is having a party on the roof top in a few minutes, if you want to come you can.."

She stood and leaned against the door hearing talking. She sighed. Nevaeh hadn't had a best friend - scratch that - a friend in almost two years. No one was sure why, not even her. The only person she talks to is her brother, since he's the closest to her right now. 'Why am I so to myself....' She wondered.
waiting until she thought no one was there, she stepped out.

"Oh wow, that is late," Mark said softly, "Are you sure your friend will be okay with that? I wouldn't want to be a bother..."

She was already gone. Mark hurried off to his dorm, throwing on a nicer shirt (A white Space Invaders pullover) and jeans (Black and skinny). He quickly ran his hands through his hair trying to neaten it a bit. He tried to look cool, give himself a cool smile in the mirror. He failed, he looked like a nerd with thick glasses and a baggy shirt. Mark sighed and grabbed his cell, it was an old model, didn't even have a camera. Time to try and turn his social life around.

Zelda sprinted through the not so crowded hallways and climbed up to the rooftop. Before she showed herself, she made sure that her purple hair wasn't all over the place, and after that she opened the door that led to the rooftop.

"Hi, Zelda." Oran grinned shyly. "This is Alexis, she got lost on her way to the dorms and invited her to the party." He said, indicating the girl three feet to his left. He moved his arms in awkward flailing circles, he blushed, hoping the moonlight would conceal his weirdness. "Um, have a seat. I brought drinks, chips and music, help yourself!" He froze a smile on his face and fell backwards onto the plush blanket, hating the robotic tone he seemed to have picked up.

Zelda giggled a little bit. "Hi Oran, hi Alexis" She waved slightly to the girl that was 3 feet to Oran's left. Zelda walked a few feet over to the table and got a can of beer from the cooler and then sat down next to Oran on the ground.

"I'm heeeere!" Kieri said, quieter then usual but at the same piercing octave. She hoped that her blatant cheerfulness would rub off on the others. The roof was silent, Zelda and Oran sat close together while an unfamiliar girl stood slightly off to the side.

Could parties physically be quiet? Oran did say that it was a "get-together", but she still figured there would be dancing and laughing going on. Oran droned through the welcome procedure 'help yourself, yadda yadda, oh this is Alexis' but his eyes remained affixed on Zelda.

Tentatively, Kieri grabbed a cold alcoholic beverage from the pile. It was still wet from being in a freezer. She cracked it open with a pop that rung through the night. Never, ever had she drunken alcohol before, and she was slightly scared. She stared down at the can, and took a few pretend sips before actually taking a bitter swig from the aluminum container. She scrunched her nose, but enjoyed the fizzy, relaxed feeling that flowed through her body. She rested back on her elbows, she could get used to this.

Mark finally found the correct door. As he entered the rooftop he saw the small group and approached them. Three girls and a boy.

"Um hi," Mark started nervously, "I'm Mark. Zelda said I could show up and stuff. Is that ok?"

Wow, could he sound less sure of himself? Hardly the first impression he had wanted to make. He twisted his hands nervously.

"Is that blood?" he suddenly asked pointing to one of the pouches in the pile of refreshments. He had never seen blood in a pack before though he knew a few students drank from them.

"Sure, its totally okay." Oran felt sort of creepy having many females on the roof with him alone, and was relieved that the white haired boy had arrived.

"Type AB Rh-, the rarest blood type, want to try one?" He took a sip from his own blood pouch, feeling rejuvenated after a few months of going vegetarian... the worst choice a teenage part-vampire with insatiable blood cravings could make. He gestured around the circle, inviting Mark to sit.

Kieri barely noticed the encounter between Oran and Mark, she was to busy trying to latch on to her consciousness, which was quickly escaping her as she downed another can of beer.

She liked it, not having to worry about impressing her new friends, the alcohol could do that for her. At the same time, she hated herself. Without anyone saying a word, she'd been pressured into trying something dangerous simply because she wanted to be cool, she wanted her friends to think that she was fearless and exciting. Deep inside, she knew that these people would understand her pledge to be sober her whole life, (especially with addiction running in her family) that they wouldn't have cared whether she took a can of beer, a blood pouch, or brought liquefied rainbow juice, but somehow her mind kept replacing them with her past,

Where she was forced to do things..
Her trust issues had overcome her, and she made a horrible choice.

Kieri let out a quick sob, and fell asleep half covered in the soft blanket, half covered in her fake 'coolness'

Mark sat down shaking his head.

"I don't drink. Not blood, not water, not anything," he muttered with a shrug, "Pretty weird huh?"

That wasn't strictly true. He was actually fasting but that was complicated and boring to explain. Besides he wasn't that keen on trying blood anyway. Instead he cast around his mind for a suitable topic to talk about.

"Did you hear about Professor Kir- Um, is she okay?" Mark said changing topic halfway through.

The third girl didn't look okay, she looked passed out. Her beer can leaked a little on her shoes. I am so glad I don't drink, Mark thought to himself as cast a worried glance to Oran. Surely the other boy knew what to do right?

Zelda continued to drink her beer and talk , but all of a sudden she sees Kieri, what looks like to be passed out.

Oran flushed, Kieri didn't look good at all. He'd noticed her earlier taking obviously fake sips of the drink, and he hadn't said anything. She must've finally tried some and it was to much for her petite body to handle.
"To state the obvious, she's passed out. I doubt she has alcohol poisoning because she barely drank anything," he lifted her two cans and was surprised to find them half full. "Just in case, we should probably wake her up and make her drink some water or eat some crackers. And more importantly, make her vomit." Oran grabbed her under the armpits "Someone help me lift her to my dorm, it's right around to corner. Worst case scenario we can take her to the nurse... And risk suspension."

Zelda immediately gets up off the ground and helps Oran lift Kieri off the floor and carried her off to her dorm, she was quite easy to lift because of how small and petite show was.

Arriane entered Zelda's dorm. She heard the whispers in the hallway about a party, not remembering if she was invited or not. Either way she didn't care. Arriane turned the knob and flashed a wicked grin
"Hello,hello. Somebody pass me a gla-" She cut herself off after seeing one of the the girls from her language arts class and a senior carrying a girl with long pink hair.
"Whats wrong with her?" She asked concerned, brows furrowing.

Alexis watched everyone as they drank their beer. "Bakas..." She sighed and looked around at the drinks. Finally she saw a single can of pepsi, and took it. "Ah, yes, hello." Alexis said to everyone before taking a sip of the pepsi. "So, party neh? Wheres the music?"

"Uh, she kinda passed out." Oran replied, feeling shy and frowning slightly. He wasn't sure if he should explain further.
"Could you lend us a hand and open that door? Sorry if it's a bother. Got to get this one to bed." He nodded towards Kieri. "And the rest of us, too, class tomorrow." He started rambling, his stomach unhappily flipping with anxiety.

Zelda and Oran carry Keiri down the hallway to her dorm, dug in her bag to find her keys and opened the door and then carried Keiri into the small room and layed her down on her already made bed.