Welcome to Doncaster (rp thread)

Pulling a chair out, Gohh would take a seat and lean back into her chair. The light ambience of the cafe wasnt bad! Her left hand would come to rest on her bunny plushes head where she would fuss it, her eyes looking over parts of the cafe. Her eyes would catch the small female trotting ovver to the large coated man with the news paper, she looked quite energetic! She certainly had a smile for the energy she had, but she looked liike she was enjoying herself. But she also looked fairly busy. Her head leaning back a bit as she continued to fuss her bunny plush, her legs gently swinging, her toes brushing the ground. She wasnt a tall girl, but today she had spotted someone smaller than herself.

As she would wait for her order to be taken, her spare hand would reach for the salt shaker on her table. Gohh was a fiddler, and the salt shaker just happened to be the closest object she would find some entertainment in. "Do you wan't a sandwich, or a tart, bunny?" Gohh would mumble quietly to her bunny plush as she idly played with the salt shaker. After a moment of silent fiddling, would shake her head. "No... I have a checkup soon. No big sweet's this time i think." A soft sigh leaving her as she mumbled to herself. She had to go to the dentists soon. Last thing she needed was to get in trouble again. But once that appointment ends? All the sweets would be hers! A soft smile appearing on her face as she thought of all the sweet's she would get once she had her checkup.

After a minute of playing with the shaker would chuckle softly before leaning back into her chair. Turning the shaker over and getting a bit of salt onto her finger. Placing the shaker down and then enjoying the bit of salt on her finger. When it come's to food, gohh isnt fussy. She would eat rock's if it would taste good. Although rock's take a while to digest. Salt reminded her of the rocksalt spit's from the forest before she left. Salt was always nice. Super convenient it comes in a powder now instead of neediong the rock!

Giving it a little thought, she would tilt her head a fraction to the left. "
That's right, we need new needles too. More sock's!" She would chuckle to her bunny plush, making a note to go by the Craft's shop on her way home.

Her mind now turning back to the cafe, she would think what kind of sandwiches they had in. Salt was nice, but a nice big sandwich would do better!

Aliyah
She watched as the Golem practically buzzed, like a little bee, with excitement. When the excitable girl went to serve the other customers, Aliyah turned her attention back to the manager.

"I can not tell you what the party is for, yet, but I do hope to see you there. There is no need to bring wine or anything, just bring yourself and your partner." she said. "I shall have to let you get back to running this fine place, but thank you for taking the time to talk with me. If we find anything while shopping then you will be the first to know."

With that she sipped at her coffee and ate her pastry with a smile. Her first order of business, the dress, had been sorted. But the dust spirit still had further plans to make. As she looked around the café she saw a lot of new faces. She felt her phone buzzing in her handbag. She took the phone out, saw the caller I.D, and swiped across the screen to answer it. Touch screen, whatever will these ingenious humans think of next? This thing was more powerful than the computers her children used to use at schools, which were the size of a room.

"Hello, you've reached Asist Housing and Homes, this is Aliyah speaking," she said in her most polite and professional voice. She disliked taking business calls out of office but sometimes they would get forwarded to her personal phone number.

Aliyah stood up to leave, clutching her handbag with one hand and her phone with the other. She smiled at Doppia as she left the little café.

Last edited:
Gohh would remain sat as she watched the little golem run about, also looking briefly at other customers and wondering what they were up to as she waited, passing the time.

She would notice the taller pretty lady reach into her pocket after consuming some of her breakfast to pull out an odd looking object. Looking at it from where she was sat for a moment, it looked like a phone. It made little buzz noises!

Gohh had heard of little phones, but she hadnt seen one that small before. The only reference of a phone she had wwas the big bulky one attached to her wall back home that she used for calling suppliers and taking work calls.

How they made a phone as bulky as her old wall mounted phone as small as someone's hand was alien to her, why make it smaller? The one in her house was just fine. Giving a little chuckled sigh, she would see the taller pretty lady prod and press at it before hearing her talk into it. Gohh didnt want to pry on people's buissness. But it was imossible not to hear her from this distance. Her ears gently wiggling as they ignored gohh and listened to the sounds. She would shake her head gently to herself as she would try distract herself, but she did stare for a moment at that phone

The tall pretty lady looked busy, gohh wanted to be busy too. "Stupid delivery people... Why are you late..." She would grumble under her breath. She was going to complain a lot to the company that supplies her later. This wait for things she ordered was just unfair. A small pout growing on her face as she thought about it.

Reactions: ValGalorian
Having watched Chary scribble down the order, Tate kept his attention on her as she answered his question, describing the locations for the two grocery stores in town, adding the useful information that Moira was on holiday. Following on with criticising her own ability on providing directions Tate shook his head with chuckle.

'don't apologise, that made perfect sense, thankyou,"
Tate replied as she excused herself, leaving them both to themselves.

Willow had made no efforts to hide the fact that she was staring at just about every person in the place, taking all of their individualities into account as she silently judged them. Perhaps it was the simply the fact that she was a bored and apprehensive teen in a new strange place or the fact that Tate seemed far too happy to be out of the city that she wanted to pick anything and everything that may have seemed 'wrong' to her. Even if there was nothing outrageously untoward, she had her heart set on convincing her uncle to move back to the place she was used to.

"I've not even seen anyone my age in this place, back home I had my own group of mates." She mumbled to Tate who had watched a woman leave, his sight lingering on her behind just a tad longer than usual.

"Hmm?" He murmured in response before finally turning back to her, noticing Willow's mild tempered expression. He leant to the side to nudge her shoulder gently as he let out a disapproving sigh.

"c'mon Willbo, you've got to give this place a go alright, so far its great!"

Alexander strode down the pavement with a confident gait. He was having a quiet discussion with the Field mouse that was hidden inside his jacket. "No, You cannot have a whole tart to yourself. And that's final." The mouse gave a dejected squeak before settling inside his jacket pocket.

Pushing the door to the café open he glanced about, his sweeping gaze taking in the whole place in one long, appraising sweep. The woman leaving, the young, and mildly annoyed mimic, the two newcomers sat at the table, one of whom seemed to be observing others just like him. And to his mild shock the third newcomer who was doodling. A short pause to consider where how he wanted to spend the day, then he turned towards the two newcomers who were observing the room.

Walking over to the two of them he drew up a chair and smiled kindly at them. "Do you mind if I join you? I don't recognize your faces, so you must be new in town?" He asked as he sat. The combination of his suit, warm smile and elderly face made him look a little bit like a wise old grandpa or a family butler. Assuming they wouldn't object to him sitting at their table he held his hand out "I do apologize, I didn't introduce myself, I am Alexander Gladstone. Though most in the town know me as Alex." He inclined his head gently, inviting them to share their names with him as well.

Players Directly interacted with:
@StareNation

Reactions: ValGalorian
Sylvia was miffed. Annoyed. Vexed, even. She had been minding her own business, walking around town. When a man had passed her and promptly told her that she could not have a whole tart to herself. Why not? Why would a stranger say that to her as we confidently strolled pass? And what was a tart? At first she thought he had been talking to someone else but Sylvia had not seen someone with him. Perhaps he was using one of those phone thingies that many of the humans used.

She swivelled around to watch him walk away. He entered a shop, one of the ones with lots of seats for shoppers to sit around and eat or drink what they had bought. Maybe they were hiring? Sylvia skipped down the pavement and towards the cafe. A pretty lady with red hair, also on a phone, came out of the doors. Sylvia watched her leave before entering the cafe. Sylvia passed her by without looking back.

It was quite charming, though there were a lot of people. Sylvia was not sure what to do, she had no money to buy anything in this cafe. A cute girl seemed to be serving the customers but was she an employee or did she own the place? Syliva looked around with wide eyes. There! A lady was stood behind the counter. Sylvia carefully approached her. Brushing a lock of black hair from her face.

"Hello," she greeted with a small wave. "Do you own this shop?"

@Cyberelite2k Doppia

Gohh would hear the door open, there were even more coming in? This place was popular! If it was going to be this busy, Gohh would have went right to the market. She didnt do well in crowded places. One of Gohh's eye's lazily drifting in the direction of the newcomer. An older gentleman by the looks of it, but he had an almost nostalgic scent to him somehow, one of her eyebrow's raiding a notch. Her other eye still staring at the ceiling. After a moment of staring, her eye would return to staring back at the ceiling. The scent was an odd one. It reminded her of the forest. The older gentleman had other smells, but there was the scent of a forest beneath it all. That was the difficult one pick out. Giving a thoughtful smile, she would shake her head a little. "Now, now, we can't be prying..." Raising her bunny to her gaze, spaking to the plush. Gohh couldnt help her smell and hearing. They we're quite good, even when trying to use her form's nose instead.

Gohh would sit her bunny plush on her head, balancing it before resting her hand on her lap, the other picking up the salt shaker again. She was a fiddler, and the smell of the salt was plesant to her. "
Want any, Bunn-Bunn?" Offering the shaker to the inanimate bunny plush. Holding it there a moment as if waiting for an answer, Gohh would chuckle and shake her head. "Fine, you only ever liked tea anyway." Playing with the salt shaker with her fingers, an idle stare upwards still taking her attention away as she thought about what she needed done today.

After a moment of absent-mindedly playing with the shaker, would place the shaker in her mouth by the lid. The soft little clack's of her teeth playing around the glass and lid of the shaker lightly audible to those with good hearing. For a moment though, she would forget she was in public whilst in her head. The salt did have a nice taste at least. Then the resturant door opened again.

The sound of the door opening to another patron would bring her back out of her head, jumping a little at the sound. "
Anuver onn?" She would say quietly with the shaker still hanging from her mouth, shortly after realising she was eating the shaker. She would let the shaker free of her mouth,. but the top half of the shaker missing and it's content's too. Now only half a glass shaker remaining. The little shock of the door opening to this new person surprising her to bite the shaker. Normal human teeth arn't strong enough to do that. But a mimic's teeth and jaw were plenty good enough. And now she had ruined her salt shaker. Giving a little panic, would hide the shaker behind the pepper shaker on the table quickly. Trying to look unassuming, her eye's looking to the young looking female who walked in. Hopefuly the sound of the door opening had covered the sound of her chewing into the salt shaker. This woman that had entered. She also... smelled like a forest. "Why does everybody now smell like a nature-walk..?" She would ask to the bunny plush on her head. Her eye's still loitering on the young-woman who had just walked in. One thing was for certain, she wasnt going to touch the pepper shaker, the salt-shaker now a sad empty stature besides it. "At least the salt was nice."

Resigned to picking the corners of the menu with her fingernails, Willow ignored her uncle's advice to lighten up, muttering incoherently to herself in frustration of her circumstances. She had missed the fact that Tate was staring at her with a small smile, noting how much she reminded him of his sister when they were younger. The sound of the door opening prompted him to look over his shoulder, spotting an older gentlemen strolling through the door. It struck Tate as odd to see someone dressed in such a refined suit but he figured it was down to being an 'age' type situation. Perhaps the guy was on his way to somewhere that required the necessity to dress more formal or perhaps it was simply that he preferred to dress that way.

Not expecting the man to turn his attention and proceed over to the two of them, Tate hesitated for a moment before regarding the man as he approached their table, pushing his chair out as he stood and nodded, taking the offered hand and giving it a solid handshake.
"Ah no, not at all," he replied as he let go of the man's hand and gestured to an empty chair on the opposite side to himself and beside Willow who was gawking awkwardly.
"Tate, Tate Donovan and this is my smart yet incorrigible niece Willow," he replied, noting that Alexander seemed very open considering they had never met before.

"Hi…" Willow offered with a forced smile before shooting Tate a scowl, folding her arms defiantly in response to her uncle still trying to irritate her on purpose. Mr Gladstone in her opinion appeared to be a fairly average old man from Willow's point of view, though why he had chosen to sit with them out of everyone else seemed a little confusing.

So I take it you've lived here a while then?" Tate enquired as he watched Alex sit down, wondering how much the man knew about Doncaster.
"We've just moved into an old warehouse site on the town outskirts, It's certainly a nice town from the looks of things."
----
@EddiEddi

Reactions: Jig The Zom-B
Alexander nodded as the elder of the pair spoke. "You could say I've been her for a while, yes." He said with a wry smile. "Ah, so it was you two who purchased that old place. I was very tempted, but it's a little far for these old bones to walk every day. I live almost on the other side from it, Just head out the west side of the village and look for the little cottage with the huge garden." He admitted. Taking a moment he lent back from the seat and passed his order on to whoever would take it, though it wasn't needed. He always ordered the same thing; a pot of tea, a warm scone, cream, jam. and a quarter of whatever tarts were left over from the day before. "I run the antiques shop in town. Though I also sell herbs, honey, a few flowers, almost anything that can be found in a garden." He explained, it was hard to tell if he was just sharing what he did, or inviting them to come and look at some point. He raised a hand and his fingers danced through the air, suddenly he was holding a business card, one side was clearly for the antiques shop and had an address in the middle of town, the reverse was far more floral and had what one could guess was his home address. "Just in the off chance you want to stop by, or ever have questions about anything." He slid the card over to the two of them. Where he'd produced it from was a minor mystery.

"And you are Willow. Why the sour look? Your drink not to taste?" he asked, clearly trying to draw her in to the conversation, "So, what do the two of you do? and what brings you to our quiet little town?" he asked the two of them. "Tell me about yourselves, It's very rare we get newcomers to the town." He sat with his fingers interlaced, resting on the table, looking at the two of them with sincere curiosity.

Characters Interacted with:
@StareNation
@Cyberelite2k (If you want to have someone take his order, If not, I'll just have it arrive next post)

Taking a momeent to watch the people in the building, Gohh would look over to check how busy people were. The energetic little one had been running around now for a while and there seemed to be a back-log of orders. After a few moment's of looking around, would look up to the bunny plush sat atop her head. Reaching up to take it down and place it on the table facing her, she would lean on one of her hands whilst looking to the bunny plush.

"I think we're going to be waiting a little while, Bunn-bunn..." Playing around with it's floppy ears. Giving a quiet sigh, would look around again. Her eye's would pause on the odd female that had walked in. Earler when she walked in, she seemed a bit lost. Was she new like the odd pair that came in before her? She had heard of alexander here and there, but never really seen him in person. Although that would be due to her rarely leaving her part of the town. Gohh had a small shop in the northerrn part of town near it's border. Gohh did come to the middle of town, but not more than a few times a week. Her eye's would return to her bunn plush before softly sighing and noding to her bunny plush. "Cmon bunn's." She would say to the plush as she would lift it and place it back into the big pouch on her dresses shirt. Giving the seated bunn a pat, would stand and walk to the counter where the lost lady stood.

Approaching, she would find herself quite a bit shorter than her. But Gohh was used to looking up to people, si she didnt mind. "
Umm, Miss? You okay?" Speaking softly, her voice matching her tired appearance. With how busy the place was and how soon Gohh might have to head out, Gohh might not get anything. But she still wanted to feel like she helped someone. She would wait to see if she got any reply, hopefuly she didnt speak too quietly. Gohh wasnt known for being loud.

@Glass

Reactions: Glass
Matthew was twiddling a cigarette between his fingers as he walked down the street, holding off on lighting it for a very plain old reason. It was his last cigarette, and he really didn’t have a lot of room in the budget to go blowing ten bucks up in smoke. He breathes out a sigh of annoyance and puts the cigarette back in the pack, resisting temptation for the moment.

He was on his way to the library to take the first steps in changing his economic situation. He made up some advertisements offering handyman and electronics repair services. Life was ever so kindly fucked over the past couple days and he was burning through smokes faster than he was making money. It’s not like he was going to charge his sister after she offered to help him figure out all this electric elemental crap. And he wasn’t going to bother her about housing, he wasn’t going to be that person and flip her life all around, even if she had a whole ass mansion.

He supposed he was currently squatting in that empty trailer park, but it wasn’t like anyone was giving a shit about that property and he was increasing its value. And there was the adverse possession law, assuming he was going to stick around long enough to make a claim. At the rate things were going at, all this weird stuff was going to take him a long while to get used to.

As he walked past the cafe, he saw a young woman inside sucking on a salt shaker out of the corner of his eye, and when he did a double take the entire top of the salt shaker was missing. He keeps walking. Maci did say there were other people in town who were similar to them, but he wouldn’t have eating solid inedible objects pegged as a similarity. The more you know. In his distraction he accidentally bumps into a red haired woman who was on her way out of the cafe, giving her a tiny little shock. "Sorry about that, miss. I wasn't paying attention." He apologizes quickly, hoping she wouldn't make a fuss over an honest mistake. She looked like she had places to be, places that weren’t likely to see the likes of him.

Last edited:
Yuuji sighed as he made his way out of the library, his shift finally over as his hair fluttered in the light breeze that had started up, the gray clouds gathering above the town, a sure sign of rain. Of all the days he could've forgotten his umbrella. He held his glasses up straight and ducked under a bike rack nearby, about to sprint for the nearby cafe before he heard a soft "Boo." near his ear, making him spin around and fall over, seeing the fluffy pink hair of his boyfriend, Kaoru. Yuuji mentally facepalmed before speaking. "Kaoru!! You scared me, you idiot." he said before getting up.

"That's the point of scaring you!!" Kaoru said, shrieking with laughter as Yuuji got up, beginning to run after him, the two running fast to the cafe before the rain started. "You never get scared easily unless I jump scare you!" Kaoru yelled behind him to Yuuji as he ran through the streets. "Well yeah, 'cause it's YOU!" Yuuji yelled back, the two skidding through the street and stopping in front of the cafe, Yuuji jumping onto Kaoru and knocking him onto the ground in front of the cafe.

After a moment of waiting, Gohh could only guess that the odd lady was busy or pre-occupied. Giving a small look up to the small clock above the counter, she would give a soft sigh through her nose. Just as she would look away from the clock, the sounds of people moving around outside would make her ear wiggle gently. Her eye's shifting to the front window where she would spot a large-built man. Gohh wanted to get her order, but at the rate of the customer's coming and going, it might be best to get moving. Her dentist's appointment was in less than a hour, and the store was another place she needed to visit!

Giving the plush in her belly-pocket a small fuss, she would walk towards the door, opening and walking through it back into the street. Her bare feet giving quiet pattering noises with each step she took. The lady on her phone was there, the well built man also nearby. Gohh had to look up to see either's face. Her half-hooded tired looking eye's looking both over for a moment before one of her eye's would shift to look to two running individual's. Watching one fall over, she would give a tired little chuckle. It was getting too busy at the cafe anyway. She would look over the taller man and the two energetic ones. She didnt recognise them. But again, she lived on the edge of town, so she only knew some people, and not many at that.

Giving a soft smile to the taller man and fallen over pair, her tired looking eyes giving her smile some warmth to it. "Are you two ok?" Her attention on the fallen two. After a pause, looking to the taller man, "Uhm... Are you friend's with those two?"

@Foxes81 @AshenAngel

There was something about the two kids that ran up and wiped out on the scene that made the hair on Matt’s neck stand on end. The girl that ate the salt shaker came out during all the fuss. Upon confirmation that they were in fact alright, he lets out a heavy sigh. "You kids shouldn't be rough housing out in the streets, ya could have gotten hurt or something." He gripes, mustering up a hard look for the both of them. It probably could have passed for intimidating if not for the warmer look in his eyes. He'd gotten into far worse trouble growing up, after all.

Turning his attention to the salt-eater, he shook his head no to answer her question. "No ma'am, can't say I am." Did he really look like the type of guy to be palling around with dye-ball kids half his age? His thumbs hooked into his pants pockets as he realizes he might be getting caught up in a little chit chat. He wasn't sure what the hours for the library were anyways, probably he jumped the gun. It was still early, the place probably wasn't even open yet.

His fingers lightly drummed against his leg as he tried not to think about his last cigarette. Meeting new people was always a little stressful and he really didn’t like showing his vices right off the bat. Little miss salt eater looked absolutely exhausted, that was probably why he didn’t lob her under the kid label too. ”My name’s Matthew, I just moved here a couple days ago. If you need some computer help, or a handyman, I’ll be around.”

@Foxes81 @Jig The Zom-B

As gohh would listen to his answer, she would hear the light drumming of his finger's against his leg as he spoke. For a moment she would think he has something wrong, but people in the city often ha odd quirks. So she wouldn't pry. After a moment, would smile softly to the taller man. "Gohh. I am Gohh Vanderwell. It's nice to meet you." Giving a little bow as she spoke. Gohh would try to have an accent in the tone of her voice. But couldn't manage to make any tone besides a flat-noted one. "We seem to get new people moving in quite a lot lately. I've only been in town for..." Trailing off before she got the the amount of time spent here. "Uhmm, I live on the northern part of town by the river. I own a little resturant there."

Her attention would shift from Mattew to her plush, then back to him. "
Well, it's closed for now anyway... Delivery person isnt here until tomorrow..." Sounding slightly dissapointed as she spoke. Giving her plush a small fuss as she looked to Mattew. "So... What's a computer?" Her question sounding concerningly genuine.

@AshenAngel

The two were sitting on the ground as Yuuji's eyes slowly cracked open, Kaoru following soon after as they both sat up quickly, Yuuji shaking his head as they looked at each other with grins on their faces, beginning to laugh for a little bit before feeling the pairs of eyes on them, their laughter dying out as they snapped to attention awkwardly, their grins dying as they looked at the two nervously. "crap." Yuuji thought as he slowly got up, holding a hand out to Kaoru and pulling him up as the two stood awkwardly off to the side, watching the two.

@Jig The Zom-B @AshenAngel

Matthew keeps an eye on the two kids, his arms crossing over his chest as they gave no sign of acknowledging his warning. However, he double takes back to Gohh at her question, visibly buffering as it takes him a minute to think up a response. What the hell, even the anti-tech old folks knew what a computer was. "It's basically a machine that talks with other machines in order to give you access to information and whatever else you might need. It processes, stores, and displays information based on what you put into it." He explains roughly.

Last edited:
Gohh would watch as the two younling's rose and stood awkwardly at attention. A light chuckle leaving her throat as she watched, "Try to be a bit more careful, little ones. Why be in such a rush?" Her tired eye's resting on the odd couple. "Surely nothing so important as to crash and risk injury in the street?" Giving them a warm smile as she spoke through hooded eye's. As she spoke, her eye's would shift to the larger man as he began to speak of computer's and their function, She tried her best to take in the information, hopeing that she would understand, or at the very least retain any of what he was saying. It didnt work...

"
Computer's sound.... Complicated. The most complicated thing i have in my home is a big blocky rectangle the size of a brick. They call it a telephone. Took a while to learn how to use that one..." Sounding dissapointed in herself as she spoke. She wanted to figure out how this stuff all worked. But she just couldnt grasp any of how it . It was alien to her. Despite looking like someone who would be stuck to a phone or computer all night, she had the technical capability of a pensioner. Squinting a little more with already tired hooded looking eye's as the sun broke through the clouds and it got a bit brighter, a crack in the clouds before more grey gloomy clouds would reclaim and block the space the sun shone through again. Giving her eye's a light rub, she would ask the large man a similar question to what she had asked the two young people who were watching them. "So what bring's you to town?" Trying not to ask about more technology and reveal just how in the dark on the subject she was.

@AshenAngel @Foxes81

Yuuji let out a slight laugh, nodding along. "Sorry about that.." he apologized, looking at the two. They listened to the man talk about computers, both slightly confused, since the only thing they had experience in in terms of technology were their phones and the (very limited) use of the library computer.

Last edited:
That was a question and a half. Matthew’s brows knit together as he tries to find a not so personal answer. He wasn’t too comfortable talking about himself on a good day, and he wasn’t liking the two eavesdropping kids too much. “I needed a change of pace and had relatives in the area.” He says, not getting into detail. Instead his mind bounces back to the task at hand. “Do you let people post local advertisements at your cafe?”

He was feeling a little bit better with that question answered. His hands slip back into his pockets and he performs the standard midwestern leaving a conversation ritual. “Well,” he sighs, “I’d best be moving along. I have some other things to tend to today. I’ll probably drop off a posting at your cafe later, Miss Vanderwell.” He starts to head off towards the library.