Welcome to Beta-Lab C7XX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear courses through John's body, it wasn't backing down...one of them was going to die, and it might just be him
For a second a mixture of emotions flow through John, fear, sorrow, confusion, anger, and...excitement
Being born in a small fishing village he'd not seen very much excitement, this was the first time he'd been in a fight
He thought back to his science lessons...biology, what could he do?
A single thought popped into his head
"Open jaws break easier...Dumbass"
he takes a kick at the thing's jaw, hoping to break it, before holding up anything nearby as a shield against it's claws

A safe idea surely, the vents would be out of the way of any of the Betas and there wouldn't be a risk of running into other workers. Large crowds of people draw too attention with their noise and general size. Merrick nodded and made his way over to the vent. He looked up at the opening and a flutter of panic hits his chest. He realized that if he did go into the vent he would be in a limited space, his limbs wouldn't be able to fully extend and the air would be minimal. He began breathing heavily and put a hand up to his tightening chest. "No, this can't happen now I need to go in there. The other option is the hallway and the others didn't make it too far from what I've seen." He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. In a few moments he began to walk towards the vent and reached up to be helped into the opening.

"My name is Merrick by the way, I know I've seen you nearby before but as our work didn't co-align I didn't feel the need to introduce myself. I apologize for being rude all this time." Merrick says sincerely, holding out a hand in greeting. He turned towards the girl as well and gives a nod. He hasn't seen her before and thought it strange to introduce himself to the stranger. "You also won't need to worry about me being quiet, if anything I have a hard time making noise."

[Collin & Merrick]

The stranger shrugged to Collin after her helped was declined. Though it didn't seem to phase her too much. She climbed up into the vent without any help. "My name Janice. I'm not good with introductions, but I have a very strong feeling we're going to be together for a while. So I guess you should know." She said, almost a bit disappointed as she slid her legs up into the vent. Janice stuck behind the two of you.

The vent was cold, dark, and extremely dusty. Every breath felt like inhaling dust bunnies, and the taste of dirt stuck to your throat. "Take the right up here, Collin." Janice said. There was some hesitation in her voice when she said 'Collin'. Up ahead, a vent in the floor poured red light into the dark vents, and a clear fork in the road was visible up ahead. Left and right.

As you approached closer to the fork, you could feel a cool breeze pass by, and the sound of a fan whirring down one of the cramped corridors. Every now and then, a voice could be heard yelling through the vents, and even sometimes you thought you could hear a very faint whisper.

[John][9] VS [12 + 1 CRITICAL][Chomper] - [Nothing seemed to be going right for you. In desperation, you kicked your leg, and you had a lot of force behind it. However the Chomper was simply ahead of you, and it grabbed your leg as it flew at it. As soon as it was in it's grasp, it dug it's sharp bone fingers into your flesh, and you felt it strike your shin bone. Imense pain coursed through your leg, and you felt your brain violently sending signals of anguish. Blood trickled past the fingers.

The monster began to pull you in closer and blood shot through the puncture wounds as your heart rate increased. It towered over you. It's menacing eyes casted fear into your heart, and you could feel your time coming. Its hands slowly pulled your leg to the side and more firey pain ran up your leg. It then ripped out it's claws pulling away skin and flesh.

You heard footsteps running your way. As your vision began to blacken, you turned your head and saw two people run around the corner. A lady who you recognized as Fatima. She was very reputable. Then you saw the Beta-Containment officer, whos name you couldn't quite recall in the moment. The Beta placed its mouth around your leg, and you knew what was going to happen next.]

[John][Very Hurt|Bleeding|Pain]

[Fatima & Nick]

Nick, with this new found knowledge of Chompers, you are now more efficient at taking them down. +1 to Combat Probability against Chompers.

Your feet echoed as you ran down the hallways. As you got farther away from your rooms, you both noticed there were less bodies and limbs about. However, there were even more blood splatterings on the walls and files put about. As you ran, you passed one door that had a filing cabinet covering the entry. Something banged on the door from inside. You kept running down the hallways and a Holotech sign in the middle of the hall directed a picture showing an Elevator, and an arrow pointed the way you were heading.

Up ahead and to your left, there was a turn. You both ran around the corner, and were presented with a ghastly sight. About 18 feet away, there was a man being held by a Chomper, who was just putting it's mouth around the man's leg. You couldn't recognize who the guy was, but you could see a blood trail leading from the nearby wall. The dying man turned his head to you.

Nick aims his rifle at the chomper firing at it's torso with out hesitation. He'd be damned if he let another man die in front of him. "Pick on someone your own size!" He says while he looks at the Chomper, he hoped it was too busy attempting to eat a man to dodge the shot. The Chomper was a pretty scary thing...to normal people anyways.

The jaw was clearly it's biggest adventage, if the jaw was disabled then it wouldnt have a good form of attack other then its claw like legs and arms. He also hoped he could save that man's leg but chances where he'd have to remove it or bandage it up, that would take a good amount of time...The girl could of course carry the man.

Last edited:
(Eh, by the sound of my injuries, John is likely to die, or be left a cripple DX)
John's head falls back, it was his time...all his efforts had achieved was speeding up his demise...why had it come to this?
How did the betas escape?
How did they get to here?
John shuts his eyes and prepares to feel the fangs sink into his leg, no doubt leaving him with just one leg

They made their way through the vents quietly, hearing sounds waft up through various openings along the way. The continuous movement disturbed the dust that coated the floor of the vent, sending Merrick's sinuses into a panic. His eyes had begun to become irritated and he sneezed into his left sleeve at the elbow. The small enclosed area, accompanied by the dust along the floor, drew out a perfect collision of terrible things in the opinion of Merrick. Being claustrophobic, he has an immense fear of enclosed areas causing him to take in deep breathes. The deep breathes he took caused the dust to enter his lungs, the dust that he was immensely allergic to. Merrick fell to the side of the vent and leaned against the wall coughing uncontrollably. He now regrets his decision to follow these people into the vents. He will die in here sooner than he would of if he was running around the halls with those things. "Where could the self-cleaning vent surveyor robots all be? The power is out but they should have been running fine on their back-up batteries. The amount of dust in these vents suggests they have not been running for awhile. Why wasn't I informed of this? It makes no sense." Merrick thought to himself, having a coughing fit against the side of the vent. He pushed off the side and began walking again, struggling to move to keep up with the rest of the party whilst managing to avoid thoughts of the cramped space. Grabbing his blue handkerchief from his back pants pocket his brushed it along the front of his headset to clear off any lingering dust. Merrick then pushed the unused portion of it against his nose and mouth to prevent more from being breathed in.

He picked his head up towards the others and stopped for a moment. "Hello, I'm sorry to delay us further but if we have to keep on moving through these vents I might just suffocate. While this is obviously the best way to move through the facility I'd really like it if we can get out, if only for a little bit" Merrick said quietly, moving in closer so he can keep his voice down. "Although you two are welcome to keep travelling through this metallic death trap. If that is the case then our journey here ends together and I'll be leaving at the next vent." He glances around his immediate area and was struck with a sudden realization. "That is if one of you could help me with the vent..I have no idea how I'd even open it."

Collin followed the strangers instructions when he heard Merrick cough he stopped and looked back. Then replied to Merrick's request "Alright there's another vent opening up here I can kick it open and we can drop down. We'll be close to the cafeteria." Collin said he went to the vent opening placing his hands on either side of the vent then slammed his feet into the vent it busted open and he carefully dropped down when there was an opening of people. Collin looked back up at the vent that he had opened. "Jump I'll catch you." Collin said over the noise as he held out his arms. People rushed around him, they seemed more distressed then before. He hoped nothing was wrong in the path behind them.

[Josh & John & Fatima]

[Josh][8 + 2] VS [12 + 1 *CRITICAL][Chomper] - [Josh, before you even fire your charge at the Chomper, it bites clean through the shin of John's leg. Blood blossoms from the wound and send out streaks of dark red into the air. Most of it splattered on to the Chompter.

Josh, you fire your stun rifle, and a blue line shot right into the Chomper's hip. It flew backwards like a ragdoll and smacked right into the ground. It was motionless, but still alive. It's jaw unhinged, and an entire hunk of John's flesh plopped out of its mouth.

John, your leg was released from the Chomper's grasp and it dropped to the ground. Your leg twitched, and you could see crimson spewing out from the fresh cut onto to floor. So much blood... your head was weazy, and everything was going black. You are dying. You passed out before you could do anything else.

[Josh][Near Death|Bleeding Profusely|Unconcious]

[Collin]
You dropped down into the busy hall. People concerningly paused to watch you fall from the vent, but they didn't stay long. They continued their way down the hall. To your right was a Holotech sign which had the picture of a plate of food and some utensils with a red arrow pointing down the hall. The Cafeteria wasn't too far away. Someone ran into you,

"Excuse me!" The man said quickly before running off down the hall. Blood covered the back of his labcoat.

*If you doubt the fact this was a real roll and you think i'm cheating, well, I can't prove anything to you. You're just going to have to trust me.

Collin stumbled a bit staring at the man as he ran past him, he had noticed the blood and looked down the hall concernedly, hoping nothing would come from that direction.

The sight of the Chomper tearing off the leg of the man, intrigued her, for she'd only ever seen Chompers eat while heavily sedated. Seeing it for real was both terrifying and exhilarating. However, she knew that she couldn't take notes or express her delight at the moment. Considering the situation, her officer companion would probably turn on her if she started scribbling down notes on the Beta's eating habits.

Taking a few hasty steps forward, Fatima kneeled down next to the man and listened for any signs of breathing. When she saw that he was in fact taking in very shallow breaths, she turned to the containment officer. "I'm going to staunch the bleeding, we need to get him to safety, can you lift him?" Not waiting for an answer, Fatima pulled off her lab coat and press it to the man's bloody stump, whilst twisting it into a makeshift bandage. The end result was a truly hideous sight, but at least his bleeding would lessen.

Naturally, this was all for show. If Fatima didn't seem to sympathetic, she would end up like the Chomper, or worse. She honestly could care less about the man, as there was a humongous chance that he would in fact die. But...She needed allies in this crisis, and if giving her lab coat to a dead man, got her what she needed, then so be it.

Looking down out of the opened vent Merrick saw Collin look around briefly and then call up to him."Hey, I appreciate it but I can get down myself I think, no problem." Merrick said as he slid slowly out of the vent. His feet hit the floor with a thud and he lost balance slightly, causing his legs to slide out from under him and landed on his back. A sharp exhale of air escaped his lungs, he quickly pushed up from the floor into a standing position slightly embarrassed. The sign in the hallway showed the direction of the cafeteria. It was close enough by that he felt safe enough to start in that direction while looking back at the others. "Collin, Janice, let's hurry up and get inside before anything finds us out here in the hallway." He made his way forward.

Josh shakes his head, that man was probably going to die. He didnt know what the doctor was thinking but he was going to try his damnedest to save this man. Leaning down he picks up the man carefully in his arms and looks for a nearby room to duck into. That Chomper certainly did a lot of damage, he hopes the dart keeps it under long enough so that he could patch this man up and get him to safety. While he knew some first aid he didnt really know terribly much about real surgery which it seemed the man was going to need. His rifle hanging from it's strap around his body he charges into a room and sets the man down on a nearby table or similar.

[Collin, Merrick & Janice]

Janice hopped down from the ceiling behind Colling and Merrick. She landed with ease and rose back up into her proper posture. "I agree with Merrick. We can't afford to be out here right now." She looked back down the hall. "There should be an EM Signaler in the cafeteria. The Beta-Containment team should be down here in minutes." Janice turned her head back and kept up with Merrick. She grabbed onto Collin's shirt and pulled them along.

Janice, Merrick, and Collin made it to the main door the cafeteria. Through the large double doors, windows peered inside. The red lights also flashed in there, and a few darkened figures moved about. Janice stepped forward and pushed on the door, but it didn't seem to budge. She pushed on it again, this time putting her shoulder to the door. The door still didn't budge. "I think it's blocked on the inside..." She rubbed her shoulder. "Collin, can you get us in there?" Janice turned her head and looked to Collin.

[Fatima, Josh & John]

Fatima had no issue wrapping up the leg wound, but John's exposed chest wound still leaked blood. Though it was much slower than before, it wasn't a good thing. Josh picked up the limp body and threw him over his shoulder and walked over to the nearest door. A tug on the handle revealed it was unlocked. There were no inscriptions as to what it was, but upon opening it it seemed to be a supply closet. Big enough to hold all three of the party memebers comfortably. As Fatima stepped in, she caught a glimpse of the crowd of people by the elevator past the now disabled Chomper. It opened, and a riot of cheers roared. Fatima caught a glimpse of what seemed like security bots. However, as soon as Fatima stepped in and closed the door, the sound of shouting and the even more overpowering sound of gun shots were heard.

"No no! Don't shoot us! He-!" Someone called out. All of them could hear this very clearly. Soon all the screaming was silenced, and the group was left in the supply closet with a dying man. The sound of the security bot's wheels rolled past the door. Beeping and odd electronic sounds emitted from them.

Before Josh could even attempt to save the man, he died. The wounds were simply too much.

John died there in the supply closet.

Josh hides behind the door and puts a finger up to his lip to tell the woman to be side, he slips the body on to the floor seeing how it was pretty much worthless now. The pool of blood gathering at his feet. He waits until the beeps and boops disappear further down the hall as he looks back up at Fatima. "Thats a bad sign...It can only mean two things either a beta who gets stronger through using humans in someway got out or management is trying to hide the fact this ever happened. Look things just got a lot more serious I dont know about you but I'd rather be alive and unemployed then dead and employed. Keep an eye on the door I'm going to check out the closet's supplies." Josh slowly searches the room trying to avoid making sounds as he looks for supplies.

[Josh]

Josh rummaged through the mettalic bins and lockers in the room. One locker seems to have a key lock on it, but everything else is unlocked. The red lights in the room made it harder to see, and the attempt to be quiet made his search a little less successful. -2 modifier.

[Supply Closet]:*

[6 - 2 = 4 ][Locker][Found - The unlocked locker in the room was slightly open, and upon looking inside, Josh found that it had already been vacated of most objects. There were some scraps of paper and cleaning rags inside, but nothing else other than dust and the faint smell of Beta-Berry soap.]

[11 - 2 = 9][Sanitizer Bin][Found - Josh lift open the bin to find a few things. A Beta-Floor scrubber, used to wipe the floors and give them that crisp shine. A circular disk with fluffy padding attatched to a motor, which upon turning on, would spin the disk quickly. Inside were some extra battery packs, and some sanitizing soap. Beta-Berry! The best smelling soap in all of Beta-Lab!]

[2 - 2 = 0][Dusty Shelves][Found - Nothing lingered on the shelves. Just the spots where dust didn't cover, which insinuated that there were things there earlier.]

*Make sure to add in your post that you pick up these items, and then add them to your inventory sheet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sakura was in the cafeteria shuffling around from person to person, trying the best to her abilities to stabilize people's wounds. Sakura was one of the last experienced doctors, in good health, in the cafeteria so she knew she had a duty to fulfill. Although there were some causalities that were yelling at Sakura to hurry up, and hounding her to help them. Some were screaming for help, while others were yelling rude words at her. It seemed like Sakura just ignored it, but deep down it really did hurt her. She was trying her best, and it was hard for her to accept that sometimes she just was not good enough. As she kept running to each casualty, she noticed the door trying to be opened at the corner of her eye. She diverted her eyes to the door, and suddenly the budging stopped. "Was that just my imagination?" She whispered to herself. After a few seconds of standing, and pondering, she heard a man yell at the top of his lungs, "Are you fucking blind?! Help me!" Sakura than snapped out of her trance, and looked at the man with a sorry look "I-I apologize lemme get the stitches!" She ran to get the stitches, and on her way she felt a slight worry that maybe those were people, but she could not risk opening up the doors if they were the monsters. She just decided to keep doing her job.

Collin looked at the door "Yeah..." He looked around, he walked over to the door running his hand down the door. He thought for a moment, "I'll be back... here." Collin handed Janice a wrench "Take this if something comes... do the best you can." he said "I'll be back." Collin began walking down the hall "Yell if the door opens!" he called back. I know there's a panel around here, I hope that's the only thing around here. He clenched the pliers in his hand, he pushed throw the crowds as he looked for a source of power. He reached a small panel "I hope this is the one." he mumbled he opened the panel looking over the wires trying to remember which panel this was he was blanking. He'd had them all memorized but today he couldn't remember at all. He tried a green wire, he knew the green ones lead to doors but which one this lead to he wasn't sure.

[Collin]

Collin slid his pliers into the panel, and gave the green wire a squeze. The wire cut instantly and with barely any resistance. Right as he did so the red lights flickered, and then darkness soon took over the hallway. People screamed and the sound of people moving around grew louder. Some people pulled out their Beta-Lab Super Lights, which illuminated the wide hallway.

Collin caught glimpses of people falling over, and he even thought he saw gray figures shifting around, though it could've been his mind playing with him.

[Janice & Merrik]

"Oh..." Janice said as she was handed the wrench. She tightened her grip around it, but had a rather confused look on her face as she stared at the tool. "I don't think this would be much help." She whispered as she turned her head to Merrik. She opened her mouth to say something, but then turned away.

Some people ran past the intersection down the hall where Collin left to a minute or two ago. Janice turned around and tried the door again. "Still won't budge... Oh, wait..." Janice put her head to the window. "There is definitely people in there, but I think something's blocking the door... Is this door even electric?" Janice pushed on the door again just as the lights in the hallway turned off. The red lights in the Cafeteria still shined, so the area around Merrik and Janice was still visible.

"Uh oh..." Janice said as she held up the wrench. "Collin must've did that..."

*Ignore the test dice below, checking to see what the options were on rolling via post.

"Damn." Collin said he looked over the wires again, "I think I'm approaching this the wrong way." He knew it was a bad idea when it came to him, but if it meant he might be able to save few lives then he'd do anything. He began running down the hallway back towards he room I have to help, one way or another. Once he made it to his room he ran his fingers through his hair, then began rummaging for something. You could die... this could be your last day if you don't find away in there or worse their last day. How many nights did you spend studying those wires? How did you forget something so elementary?

[Collin]

Collin made his way down the hallways back to his room. As he got closer, the scenery around him grew more gruesome. The signs of people and life in the area vanished, and he was left alone as he searched for his room. After a few mintues, he found his room down a familiar hallway and he quickly slid back into the room. The dark lighting made the search a bit more difficult. -1 modifier.

[Collin's Room]:

[9 - 1 = 8][Locker][Found - Inside the locker, Collin found his notes on various mechanical and wiring things! He even drew some doodles to make sure he never forgot what was what.]

[9 - 1 = 8][Desk][Found - In the desk Collin found his PDA! How could he have forgotten it? It's blue and gold, and the PDA holds a variety of options. Such as taking notes, sending messages, and recieving emergency alerts. On the screen, there seems to be no messages or any E messages either. Strange. Also inside is the Beta-Lab Official Lighter! Running off of refined fuel and electricity, the lighter is sure to last a long time.]

[11 - 1 = 10][Under The Bed][Found - Under the bed, Collin found his Maser Stapler! A large nailgun-esque tool that could shoot thick, steel staples through dense materials such as concrete, iron, and things like that. Made for sealing up cracks and for temporary repairs. It also has a small edge on the grip to remove the staples.]

Status
Not open for further replies.