Welcome to Beta-Lab C7XX!(OOC Char. Sheet Up 6/6 slots)

Interested?

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Get this out of here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gloucester

Original poster

We now have all 6 players. However, death is probable, so you can still submit a sheet to be pulled in if someone does pass.

Welcome to Beta-Lab C7XX!
We couldn't do it without you!

[!------------------------------|Remember|------------------------------!]

"If your best is all you've got, you'll do just fine here!"

- Founder Of Beta-Lab Benny Shultz

[!------------------------------|Remember|------------------------------!]

The year is 2027. Technology is at it's peak, and you're very thankful for everything Beta-Lab had done for you. America, on the verge of another world war, invested in a new type of research lab to help against the possible battles and upcoming hardships. Thankfully, no war ever happened, and Beta-Lab pursued engineering, and making lives of many easier, and comfortable. Beta-Lab was located thousands of miles underground in the Arizona desert. The goal of Beta-Lab was to create, test, and perfect technology for the betterment of US citizens. Flying cars, cybernetics, and genetic modification were only some of the amazing accomplishments.

Working at Beta-Lab was considered as an honor, and highly esteemed. Families often pushed it on their kids, or the ads on TV did it for them. Being a worker there was like being a super hero. Benny Shultz, the CEO and founder of Beta-Lab, often toured around the country giving speeches and presentations on all of the things you got to do while working at the facility. If it wasn't him doing the advertising, magazine articles, and websites dedicated to the lab were always accesible to curious youth and wise adults.

Of course you couldn't just sign up. The goverment accepts applications once every year, and they sort through for the best of the best. It is commonly assumed that only braniacs can get in, or people with a PhD and an Ivy League degree. But no one really knows why Beta-Lab chooses who they choose.

You entered your application in on August 19th, and sure enough, you got a letter seven days after:

!....CONGRATULATIONS....!

Thank you for you application, valued American!

We thank you for your application, and we're happy to tell you that you have been accepted into the Beta-Lab family!

We understand this must be an exciting, however due to a new policy, we ask that you keep this a surprise to your immediate family/relatives/friends until you arrive at Beta-Lab. As soon as you check in, your family will be notified about your amazing achievement!

In this letter you will find a plane ticket to Arizona. You will be picked up from the Beta-Lab Check-In zone at [..........]. You will be picked up by a bus at 6:30 sharp. Do not be late, or else you will be unable to join the Beta-Lab team.

While you wait, please take time to memorize the official Beta-Lab anthem:
~Oh Beta-Lab, Oh Beta-Lab. Thanks for blessing me! With this proud duty, and the work I must complete. Oh Beta-Lab, Oh Beta-Lab. Thanks for saving me! I promise to make everyone proud at home, you'll see.~

You packed into the facility along with many other happy employees, and began your work. On the surface, you were always advertised the benefits of the lab, and all the harmless work they did. Upon moving in, you saw a lot of things you were not prepared for. Animal testing, nuclear warhead engineering, and other unorthodox experiments. Some of you saw past this, and continued to work your heart and soul out for the lab for the better of America. Others pretended to, waiting for the day to escape.

One night while in your chambers, you heard a rumble. The lights flickered, and the communications went down. Something wasn't right. What happened next changed your life, and everyone's life in Beta-Lab forever.

-------|Rules|-------
By agreeing to the form, you're also agreeing to some of the Official Beta-Lab rules and regulations.

1. Do not use derrogitory language during your time in Beta-Lab.
2. Be friendly to your staff and hosts.
3. Never speak badly of Beta-Lab or it's third party corperations.
4. Drinking Beta-Lab GO!™ around computers is banned, as spilling is prone to happen and the machines are expensive!
5. Talking about classified Beta-Lab tests, experiments, and treatments is strictly prohibited, and explusion from the facility will be guranteed.
6. You may not cover up any cameras on your mobile devices or your computers. The same goes for microphones.
7. During an emergency, a total of twenty-four hours has to pass before you can leave the facility via the escape lobby on the first floor.
8. Do not steal, horde, or hide supplies from your collegues.
9. We have a strict dress code. Depending on your department, you will be assigned specific clothing. If a robot or security guard sees you without your proper uniform, you will be taken away for questioning.
10. Any sexual activity during work here at Beta-Lab must be reported immediately. It is banned, since emotions tend to ruin our progress and lower our capability statistically. If you cannot comply, you will be castrated.
-------|Rules|-------

Full Name:[Bob]
Job: [Medical Director, Steam Engineer, Light Bulb Replacer]
------------------------------
Appearance: [Tall, thick brown hair, amazing jawline, pictures accepted.]
Education: [Went to Madeup Univeristy and graduated with a Fake Degree]
Background/History: [Only child, father is a drunk, mother is a hard worker, originally from China]
Phobias:[Spiders, needles, dark]
Allergies:[Cats, pollen, nagging]
Other Important Notes:[Left finger is missing, eye is replaced with a robotic one]
Next Of Kin: [Mikel, Sister. Rachel, Mother]

I, __________, hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

MAP
This is the map for now. New locations and areas can be discovered, this is just the 'over view'.
|-----------Lobby-----------| [Lost & Found] ------> [Office] -----> [Security Check] -----> [Maintenance] -----> [Escape Elevators]

|-----------Security-----------| [Cells] ------> [Armory] -----> [Testing Facility] -----> [Main Security Cameras] -----> [Communications] ----> [Elevators]

|-----------Beta-Research-----------| [Beta Failure Storage] ------> [Cryopods] -----> [Beta-Cells] -----> [Prototype Storage] -----> [Beta Modification/Testing] -----> [Elevators]

|-----------Robotics-----------| [Robot Manufacturing] ------> [Supply Room] -----> [Robot Repair/Recharge] -----> [Scrap Yard] -----> [Elevators]

|-----------Research-----------| [Genetics] ------> [Hydroponics] -----> [Statistics] -----> [Telescience] -----> [Research Storage] -----> [Elevators]

|-----------Medical-----------| [Med Manufacturing] ------> [Pharmacy] -----> [Waiting Room] -----> [E.R.] -----> [Medical Testing] ----> [Surgery] -----> [Elevators]

|-----------Engine-----------| [Supplies] ------> [Solar Control] -----> [Steam/Electric Engine] -----> [Gas Control] -----> [Elevators]

|-----------Civilian-----------| [Quarters] ------> [Tram Station] -----> [Cafeteria] -----> [Park] -----> [Recycling] -----> [Elevators]

[Title]
[Log/Note]
[Message]
[Important Details]

[Name]
[Type]
[Properties]
[Special Notes]

[Monster]
[Type][?HP?]
[Quick Description]
[Special Notes]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GM's note on posting, combat, and more!:
Well, you're probably wondering what the hell this is. This is an RP that I did a while back on a different forum, and I've always wanted to do a reboot and now I feel like it's a good time to do that.

I will be GMing this adventure, so I will not be playing in characters in it.

My job, as I'm sure you know, is to take your posts and do certain things with them. Like give you the result of an action. There will be dice elements, so this won't be entirely RP. For example:

Your Post:
Jake looked vigorously through the desks. (Of course more detail, description, etc. This is an example.)

My Post In Reply:
After searching through the desks, Jake found a lighter, a pill pen, and some documents!

Simple enough, right? Here's an example of the combat. You will basically do the same thing as above. Example:

Your Post:
Jake ran up to the mutated rabbit, and punted it!
(Everything is in third person, which will always imply that you've landed a hit or an attack, but that might not always be true. So be aware of that!)

My Post In Reply:
[Jake][Hurt|Bleeding]
[Jake][8] VS [9][Mutated Rabbit] - [Jake ran up to the rabbit, and prepared a furious kick when the rabbit hopped out of the way, and countered with a vicous bite! It's latched onto his leg!]

Here's a run down. When you initiated a fight with someone, or they initiate a fight with you, we hop into a VS mode. In this VS mode, I roll for 'probability' to see if your attack goes through, or if they manage to avade/block/etc. The probability roll is from 1-12. These numbers can be boosted in your favor depending on factors in battle, and your gear.

Let's say you have a lead pipe, or some sort of weapon, well if you use it in combat, the probability that you'll hurt goes up some, either a +2 or a +3 depending on weapon. Same goes for armor, and other various things.

Feel free to get creative with things. I encourage it, really, and I'll rarely ever penalize you for thinking outside of the box. Rip out some wires from the wall, electrocute your foes! Push carts into scary monsters, pin them against a wall, then let your friends have at it! Crafting is also acceptable. Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm liking it, I was apart of the original and I was sad it ended early from lack of players. So I think I'll join this one.

Fine by me.

Bumb/update. Now there is a character sheet up, feel free to post that here. You don't have to PM them to me, too much time/work in my opinion. I'll probably PM you about your character, and we'll discuss what they have in their inventory and what not. Anyways, let's get rockin' and rollin'!

So Can I put my application here? I'd love to join.

Yup, just post here. Thanks for showing interest!

Full Name: Collin Len Daneil
Job: Steam Engineer
Appearance:
images

Education: Steam University, Scholar of Steam degree
Background/History: Born in France, he was taken from his parents at the age of 12 because they were abusive to him and his sister Natalia. Natalia and Collin were split up Natalia was never able to contact or see Collin again. Collin was a troubled child that stole little trinkets to take apart then put back together in his spare time. His parents told him he should do something more useful with his talent so he went to school to become a steam engineer. During a experiment that he was conducting on a piece of machinery he lost his left leg *after the knee and down.* he created his own fake leg.
Phobias: Being alone
Allergies: Dogs
Other Important Notes: Missing left leg.
Next Of Kin: Natalia, sister.

I, Collin Len Daniel , hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

Collin is currently in his bedroom, or quarters down in the civilian sector. The room is small, 15 x 15, but not vacant of goods. Objects that he's tinkered with hang from the ceiling and on makeshift shelves, and various tools are strewn about on the small work table. Also on that table is a computer. Voice activated and controlled, which is standard for most Beta-Lab computers and machines. His room number is C 77.

Collin works hard up in the engine sector. He works with the steam engine, and is pretty good at it. He has his own office and locker up in that sector.

His inventory is as follows:

Heavy Duty Gloves
Steam Protective Shoulder Pads
Steam Protective Leg Gaurds
Steam Protective Chest Gaurd
Beta-Wrench
Beta-Hammer
Beta-Screwdriver
Steam Engine Office Key Card
Steam Engine Locker Key Card

Accepted. Very nice sheet! I'll PM you with what your character has on them, and where they are currently. Which reminds me, I have to post the map!

Hmm... To Kris, or not to Kris... That's the question, right boss?

Hopefully I'll be able to get a sheet up Gloucester. Probably not tonight though...

Late night update:

Tinkered a bit with the map. Replaced old locations and added some new ones. I'll take suggestions on areas or places you'd want to visit.
Added the templates for Notes/Logs, Beta Bestiary, and Beta-Items. Upon reading logs, inspecting monsters or items, those spots will get updated with the important info.
I Put the application/character sheet in a spoiler to clean things up a bit.

EDIT: Replaced Hydroponics with Beta-Research. A lot of the game is going to be around this subject so I decided to make it a bigger role in the map. Hydroponics is now an area in Research.

To do:

Add some spiffy quotes/decorate page
Add character list
More map areas/better looking map

Bump/update:

I've created an ad! Hopefully that will bring some more attention this way. I've made a private group chat for all interested members, and all members who've turned in an application.

EDIT: Ad was approved! You may see it floating around!

EDIT 2: Even more map locations. Did replace a couple.

Ooh, I'm gonna have to keep checking the top banner thing! Assuming by ad you meant a banner.

Like I said in the PM chat thingy, I should have my sheet tomorrow night. Alright, boss?

Yup, that's good for me. I'm holding you to it.

Full Name:[Josh Thornton]
Job: [Beta-Containment Officer]
Appearance: The Picture [Sorry its massive, and tell me if its too sexy :P ]
Education: [Basic College Education, with Marine Training and Education.]
Background/History: [Normal but tough family, entered duty after a terrorist attack killed his parents. The attack occurred when he was 19 he was away from home attending college when the house was damaged from a car bombing, it caved in on itself and his parents died slowly with out anyone knowing they where there. He blames himself for their death. He excelled while in the army quickly advancing ranks and becoming fairly well known. He does however have a problem with following orders, they had to orders he agreed with to fulfill them.]
Phobias:[Being Powerless, Not having a weapon, Failing to save someone]
Allergies:[None]
Other Important Notes:[Left Hand is Robotic]
Next Of Kin: [Joe, Cousin]

I, Josh Thornton, hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

Josh is currently in his small office in the Quarters. Beta Capture Units are placed strategically around the Lab in case of a Beta-Breakout. It hasn't ever happened before, but the company decided it would be a good idea to have trained officers situated at key locations in case a break out was to happen.
Your office is also part of your sleeping quarters. The room is 25x25, and is quite luxourious. The wall inside is gray, but a red striped crossed the wall horizantally, giving it a nicer, colorful feeling. Your desk is gray, but also has red streaks lining it. On top of your desk is your Beta-Containment Belt, which has all of your amazing Beta-Containment technology. It's a bit dusty from it's disuse, but it's items are still in good shape. Your bed sits in the right corner of the room, and it too is gray with red streaks.
Your computer is red, though it only servers a few purposes to send important PAs, and to monitor the Quarters part of the Civilian sector.
Inventory:

Beta-Capture Office Key Card

Beta-Containment Belt
- Beta Pepper Spray
- Beta Fold-able Stun Rifle
- Beta Stun Rounds (x6)
- Emergency Door Hack Kit
- Emergency Electricity Shut Down Kit

Beta-Containment Protective Helmet

Beta-Containment Breach Pager

Beta-Containment Jumpsuit W/ Padded Shoulder, Knees, and Arm Pads

Last edited:
Sheet looks good so far, however there are a few things I'm going to message you that might need some revision. Also picture looks good. Moderately sexy. Hopefully not too sexy, as I'm sure you know about Beta-Lab rule number 10....

Full Name: Kris W. Wobbly
Job: Lab Intern
Appearance: Kris is a short young woman who looks to be in her college years. She has brown hair tied into a pony tail and green eyes. She wears a lab coat over a dress shirt and a skirt, along with dress shoes.
Education: Fresh Out of High School
Background/History: Kris grew up in a relatively normal household, saver her mysteriously absent father. She lived an easy life, coasting through school through some miracle and landing herself a fancy college scholarship. Instead, she chose to pursue an internship at the (in?)famous Beta-Labs! She was so excited when they accepted her request and her mother and sister (while, mostly her mother) were so excited too! And so Kris went off to Beta-Labs as an intern. While aiding in an experiment, Kris lost her arm in a large explosion. Being happy-go-lucky her, she was totally unphased by this and was more than happy to have it replaced with a triple sweet robot arm.
Phobias: Dolls, oddly enough.
Allergies: Work.
Other Important Notes: Right arm replaced with telescoping bionic arm. Tendency to accidentally punch people while showing it off. Also seems to be generally incompetent, but when she does something well, SHE DOES IT REALLY WELL... That's if she does it well, of course.
Next Of Kin: Nicole (Worried Mother), and Emily (Uncaring Older Sister). Kris always write letters home to her family, though she isn't sure if they're censored beyond belief by Beta-Labs.

I, Kris W. Wobbly, hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

I like your sheet a lot, so you don't have to worry about changing any of it. Here is Kris's location, and her inventory:

Kris is currently in her quarters in the Civilian sector. The room (C 79) is small, gray, and the standard 15x15. The room is small and cluttered with papers and mugs of coffee. Everything seems to be in a dis-array, and it's hard to tell exactly what is wrappers, and important letters that should've been filed for Security. Under the piles of paperwork, there is a small computer. It's not a higher end model, so there is no voice command. The interface is blue, and most commands have to be typed out.

There is a book case that is in very good condition, and sticks out among the rest of the room. Everything on the bookcase is neatly color coordinated. There are quite a few helpful books on being a lab assistant. The most valuable one to Kris being: Neurosurgery For Dummies!, which goes over very complicated topics, but manages to give information in a very helpful, witty way.

Kris is somewhat of a clumsy person, so they're not regarded very well among most of the lab techs, though the higher ups enjoy her company.

Inventory:

Neurosurgery For Dummies
Beta-Lab Pink Pocket Protector
Clipboard w/ Pink Pen
Supply Closet Key Card
Oil Can (For the arm)
Diary (Optional)
Pen Knife

Very nice sheet Dusty! Thanks for getting it out tonight versus tomorrow! I think I'll get one more sheet and we can begin. I'll PM you about inventory and their location.

Yeah, feeling strangely energized tonight despite feeling like crap the rest of the day x_x
Hopefully the ad brings in someone else :p

Okay, those of you who've sent in character sheets have been all fixed up! I will be heading out for the night, however, I'll coming up with the new story, monsters, items, notes, and other jazz the rest of the night, and hopefully most of tomorrow depending how much school hinders me. Thanks for all of your hard work so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.