Welcome To A Darkly Dreaming

Her hand took him off guard as she rubbed his head. He looked up at the Engel and gave a faint smile, her actions and words reassuring. "Right of course we will. I'm not letting it end up in some fucked up place like this." Micheal got up and walked over to the beginning of a hallway, "Standing here isn't going to do anything. We need to start moving, lets look through the rest of the floor. Maybe we can find a way to get in contact with your Order or get out of this hospital at least."

M let out a deep exhale, gray smoke escaping his mouth and hovering around his face. "Right kid. Lead the way, you seem to have more of an idea what to do then I do," he said standing up and walking over to the group. It was strange, Micheal just noticed that the man had no visible wounds or anything. Why was he at a hospital? Maybe an illness? "Hey M.. Are you sick or anything?" he asked out of curiosity.

"Felt better, but I'm okay. Why?" M replied with a raise of a brow. "Just wondering.. let's go." Micheal began to walk down the hallway with one hand on the mysterious girl and the other on the axe.

He seems to be more than he looks. Take care, even if his intentions are unknown, you should be careful. This thought was directed at only Michael, or so the boy called himself. Something was off about him, she thought once again.

Keeping in pace with michael, she quietly pondered everything that had happened so far. It was indeed strange that a normal boy would be confined here. What were they planning?

Nurnadael's concerns came as no surprise to him once he heard what she had to say to him. 'I noticed too. He doesn't seem like he fits in here. I will keep an eye on him,' he thought hoping that she would be able to pick up what he was thinking. Micheal's hand tighten around the axe, ready for anything as they walked through the floors. Nothing would have prepared him for what was to happen next though.

"Say, why don't we try the elevators or something? Fire exits? The power surges from time to time, so may-" The ceiling broke through behind M before he could finish. The man in the suit slowly turned around to face the one named Mr. Biggs. The huge man had his axe pulled back already and swung it before M could do anything else. The blade cleanly swiped through M horizontally, cutting him in half with ease.

It didn't take Micheal long to take off with Nurnadael still holding on to his hands. His heart racing and legs pumping, it felt like everything slowed down. He wasn't moving fast enough.

How did the man get here?! It wasn't possible! Their movements were masked, otherwise I would've sensed them long ago! Nurnadael stumbled, falling on the cold floor to be dragged up by Michael. Fortunately, she had staying power, enough to outrun the man in an endurance run. Various objects fell at the impact from Mr. Biggs's big footsteps. He was strangely agile for someone his size. That wasn't logica-an experiment! He could've been tested on! She vaguely remembered something of the sort when the scientist was talking, her being in a comatose state, wavering between life and death.

Luckily even thought it felt like was moving slow, the two manage to get a good distance between the large man. Micheal headed towards the elevator, it was their only chance or they had to do something drastic like jump out the window. His fingers rapidly mash the down button, waiting for some kind of reaction. The light flicked and after a moment it made a ding before opening. He pulled Nurnadeal close to him once they were inside. His heart raced while waiting for the door to close. Mr. Biggs was approaching them, the cruel axe making a terrible noise as it dragged along the floor.

"Come on! Come on!" he said out loud as if it would make the door close faster. Once they did, there was a loud bang. But they began to move down as the lights indicate the level they are on. Micheal let out a deep sigh, "I don't know how he got there... M..." he recall what happened to the man. There was no way he made out of that alive.