Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

So, I was breeding Phiones to put on Wonder Trade (mostly to fill op the Pokémon Bank, which in turn is being done to get some easy BP). Guess what I ended up with? Yep, that's right, a Shiny one :D. It has 4 IVs (due to the Phione parent not having 6IVs; the Ditto side has 5), Naughty Nature, and its ability is, of course, Hydration. Now I don't know how much this is worth, but it's probably worth a lot more than that Shiny Pikachu I mentioned before. Regardless, it's my first self-bred Shiny, so yay?

Also, Cal/Rithas/whatever you want to call me now: what's your FC?

So, I was breeding Phiones to put on Wonder Trade (mostly to fill op the Pokémon Bank, which in turn is being done to get some easy BP). Guess what I ended up with? Yep, that's right, a Shiny one :D. It has 4 IVs (due to the Phione parent not having 6IVs; the Ditto side has 5), Naughty Nature, and its ability is, of course, Hydration. Now I don't know how much this is worth, but it's probably worth a lot more than that Shiny Pikachu I mentioned before. Regardless, it's my first self-bred Shiny, so yay?

Also, Cal/Rithas/whatever you want to call me now: what's your FC?

:D It's still a chance-encounter shiny, basically, which is pretty awesome!!

Also, on a more on-topic, well, topic; Leon is still set to respawn upon death, right?

EDIT: I mean, after respawning on the ground, that is. Let's say that Callum tries to kill Leon in his bind panic, the latter would then respawn again (completely violating the law of conservation of matter in the progress :P).

Also, on a more on-topic, well, topic; Leon is still set to respawn upon death, right?

EDIT: I mean, after respawning on the ground, that is. Let's say that Callum tries to kill Leon in his bind panic, the latter would then respawn again (completely violating the law of conservation of matter in the progress :P).

Yes. GM said that he "should" turn the respawn off, but that he'd "save it for later".

He's not getting around to it anytime soon, if ever at all.

Yes. GM said that he "should" turn the respawn off, but that he'd "save it for later".

He's not getting around to it anytime soon, if ever at all.
This can lead to so many amusing shenanigans :P. I vote for him not getting around to it at all, if only due to all the amusing scenarios it allows. :D

You asked which game you should spend your Christmas money on.

We gave you answers.

*shrugs*
Actually I never bought anything with my Christmas money. I found a game shop in a town over but I have to wait until we can get to the town.

Also MAHZ IS WORKING ON THE GUILD! I REPEAT MAHZ IS WORKING ON THE GUILD!!!

You asked which game you should spend your Christmas money on.

We gave you answers.

*shrugs*
[2]
And at this point it's really just up to you to decide which one you want, and then buy it.

Also MAHZ IS WORKING ON THE GUILD! I REPEAT MAHZ IS WORKING ON THE GUILD!!!
When/where did you get this news?

Was it out of Mahz's mouth or another admin/mod?
Cause other admin and mods have spoken on behalf of Mahz all the time because Mahz couldn't be bothered to make a quick post on the site. :/

And even when he could be, most of the time he never acts on it.

When/where did you get this news?

Was it out of Mahz's mouth or another admin/mod?
Cause other admin and mods have spoken on behalf of Mahz all the time because Mahz couldn't be bothered to make a quick post on the site. :/

And even when he could be, most of the time he never acts on it.

It's posted on the site header on the Guild homepage...

I already posted my opinions on the subject in the RPG Retirement Thread.

I do hope it does....

It's posted on the site header on the Guild homepage...

I already posted my opinions on the subject in the RPG Retirement Thread.
Ah.
Once the Guild actually loads up again I'll go see if I can find any opinion/response threads about the matter myself.
I like have a decent idea as to what others on the site think/say, and how the admins and mods handle said situation.

Meh, I'm in agreement with Kaga here. It's been how long now since Guildfall? And all this time we've seen very litle news and even less actual improvement. In between the ongoing instability of RPG, Mahz's tendency to disappear for months on end and the fact that Iwaku has anything and everything I want anyway, I really don't care if the Guild does manage to recover.

In other news: I was sending another Phione Batch out through Wonder Trade today. Aside from the standard WT fodder and Breedjects, I got the following things.
- A Lv100 Shiny 6IV Milotic. It's obviously hacked, but eh, who cares, right? If nothing else, it's probably woth a lot on the GTS >_>.
- A Lv. 4 (freshly caught) Simisage caught in a Master Ball. Yep. If that's not a big fat Cheater Flag, I don't know what is XD.

In other news: I was sending another Phione Batch out through Wonder Trade today. Aside from the standard WT fodder and Breedjects, I got the following things.
- A Lv100 Shiny 6IV Milotic. It's obviously hacked, but eh, who cares, right? If nothing else, it's probably woth a lot on the GTS >_>.
- A Lv. 4 (freshly caught) Simisage caught in a Master Ball. Yep. If that's not a big fat Cheater Flag, I don't know what is XD.

Huh. And I thought Gen VI had hack protection or w/e. Apparently the hackers have gotten around that. Oh well. I liked the legitimate feel of not having any products of cheaters on the global market.

On an unrelated note: I just finished Sherlock.

*puts hands in pockets, and stands around awkwardly* ...I don't know what to do now.

Just went to check the retirement thread myself.
Had no idea that was a thing until it was mentioned...
And I honestly thought it was a thread on the Guild until I had to google it. XD

But yea I have to agree.
I do want to see Mahz succeed and the Guild to get better, I just don't think it's going to.
The track record only leaves evidence that he's going to vanish again.
It's a shame, I liked him and the others there as admins and mods. They were chill, cool and I respected them.

They allowed a lot to happen where most other admins I knew would have been banning people left and right.
It was a place and community where minus the hostilities of a few people in spam I truly felt I could just be me and it end up consuming a rather large portion of my teenage years.
But yea, too much neglect has happened at this point for me to honestly think that much is going to happen.
Huh. And I thought Gen VI had hack protection or w/e. Apparently the hackers have gotten around that. Oh well. I liked the legitimate feel of not having any products of cheaters on the global market.

On an unrelated note: I just finished Sherlock.

*puts hands in pockets, and stands around awkwardly* ...I don't know what to do now.
What more Doctor Who? :P

Just went to check the retirement thread myself.
Had no idea that was a thing until it was mentioned...
And I honestly thought it was a thread on the Guild until I had to google it. XD

It was first posted way back when Guildfall happened, before the newGuild was even up yet.
hehe.gif

But yea I have to agree.
I do want to see Mahz succeed and the Guild to get better, I just don't think it's going to.
The track record only leaves evidence that he's going to vanish again.
It's a shame, I liked him and the others there as admins and mods. They were chill, cool and I respected them.

They allowed a lot to happen where most other admins I knew would have been banning people left and right.
It was a place and community where minus the hostilities of a few people in spam I truly felt I could just be me and it end up consuming a rather large portion of my teenage years.
But yea, too much neglect has happened at this point for me to honestly think that much is going to happen.

Agreed.

RPGuild used to be a great site. And I've been loyal for a long time. I'm still somewhat loyal, since I technically haven't left yet, and I do still keep an eye on the place, but... I used up all my optimism last year. All of Mahz's empty promises are really weighing me down at this point.

What more Doctor Who? :P

ScreenShot2014-12-31at25057PM.png

On its way.

It's just that... I'd been renting nothing but Doctor Who for so long that I kind of missed the variety I got from taking a break and watching Sherlock.

ScreenShot2014-12-31at25113PM.png

So I peppered in some other stuff from my to-watch list.

Still, in the meantime, I just can't shake that weird "what now?" feeling that tends to happen after finishing a series. Or at least, what currently exists of a series.

Granted I've been starting to feel pretty lost for a while now on account of the fact that I'm a workaholic in the middle of a six-week break that I'm not used to having this time of year so yeah finding shows to watch and games to play and books to read has pretty much been the only thing keeping me sane lately... O_O Crossing stuff off my to-experience list almost tricks my brain into thinking I'm being productive, and that's helpful.

It was first posted way back when Guildfall happened, before the newGuild was even up yet.
hehe.gif
I could gather that much once I had found it. :P

But once again I was never informed of such a thing, which might be from the whole "Picking the scab way too much" thing you mentioned in our PM's a while back.
Or maybe it's cause I just don't tend to start much PM discussions (as in if you send me a PM I'll reply, but I often don't think to send one out myself casually. It usually needs to have a purpose behind it).
I tend to forget that there's a whole "Off site/Behind scenes" communication that goes on with people, cause I'm so focused on the big/public one where everyone is involved.
Agreed.

RPGuild used to be a great site. And I've been loyal for a long time. I'm still somewhat loyal, since I technically haven't left yet, and I do still keep an eye on the place, but... I used up all my optimism last year. All of Mahz's empty promises are really weighing me down at this point.
It got to me too. :/
Granted it helped when the admins officially called out those who were going "If you're not happy then GTFO!" and stated the admins and mods held no such views.
But we lost too many people, the community was left barren too long without anything happening.
And when actual attempts with WOTM and Mdk's proposed contest were being planned to counteract they couldn't even be bothered to open a simply thread and then let us do all the work for them.

On its way.

It's just that... I'd been renting nothing but Doctor Who for so long that I kind of missed the variety I got from taking a break and watching Sherlock.

So I peppered in some other stuff from my to-watch list.

Still, in the meantime, I just can't shake that weird "what now?" feeling that tends to happen after finishing a series. Or at least, what currently exists of a series.

Granted I've been starting to feel pretty lost for a while now on account of the fact that I'm a workaholic in the middle of a six-week break that I'm not used to having this time of year so yeah finding shows to watch and games to play and books to read has pretty much been the only thing keeping me sane lately... O_O Crossing stuff off my to-experience list almost tricks my brain into thinking I'm being productive, and that's helpful.
I've never had such a problem, I guess I got too used killing time on RPs, Video Games etc. as a kid (Probably as an escape from over demanding therapy at the time... I think I just learned something about myself today XD) that I made it my comfort spot/zone, so I don't tend to feel odd or out of place when involved in such things and not working or piled with school work.

Though if you're already mixing shows and you still feel odd, maybe mix it up more?
Like, less doctor who more other stuff?
Or fit in more RPs, Video Games, General Chat, IRC etc?

Maybe make a mini-project to work on for fun, but requires tasks that still sort of work like.
So you can focus some time on that and not feel so odd about being in a 6 week break period.

I could gather that much once I had found it. :P

But once again I was never informed of such a thing, which might be from the whole "Picking the scab way too much" thing you mentioned in our PM's a while back.
Or maybe it's cause I just don't tend to start much PM discussions (as in if you send me a PM I'll reply, but I often don't think to send one out myself casually. It usually needs to have a purpose behind it).
I tend to forget that there's a whole "Off site/Behind scenes" communication that goes on with people, cause I'm so focused on the big/public one where everyone is involved.

To be fair, I never used the Skype or IRC groups. I just... poke around in other places, I guess. *shrugs*

It got to me too. :/
Granted it helped when the admins officially called out those who were going "If you're not happy then GTFO!" and stated the admins and mods held no such views.
But we lost too many people, the community was left barren too long without anything happening.
And when actual attempts with WOTM and Mdk's proposed contest were being planned to counteract they couldn't even be bothered to open a simply thread and then let us do all the work for them.

I don't even wanna ramble about WOTM. I'd come off as too angsty.

I've never had such a problem, I guess I got too used killing time on RPs, Video Games etc. as a kid (Probably as an escape from over demanding therapy at the time... I think I just learned something about myself today XD) that I made it my comfort spot/zone, so I don't tend to feel odd or out of place when involved in such things and not working or piled with school work.

Well yeah, as a kid I breathed TV, books and video games. I wasn't a workaholic as a kid. That was just one of the things that came with my minor personality transformation that happened after I was diagnosed with ADD only a few years back.

In most cases, I see that personality transformation as a positive thing. ...However, I still feel weird having a long break.

Though if you're already mixing shows and you still feel odd, maybe mix it up more?
Like, less doctor who more other stuff?
Or fit in more RPs, Video Games, General Chat, IRC etc?

I've sort of already been doing that. In fact, earlier today, I thought I'd found the most awesome RP to join, and I brainstormed some characters using that tarot card thing that I saw advertised on the lower banner, and then... I noticed that the GM hadn't posted on the thread in several weeks, despite other members still doing stuff, aaand a visit to their profile revealed that the GM seems to have a history of unreliability. And then I didn't wanna waste time writing CS's for an RP that was already withering away thanks to a vanishing GM.

I don't know how I don't have abandonment issues yet. But either way, that killed my RPing buzz for the time being.

And then I was like "I'M IN THE MOOD FOR SHERLOCK", (~2 hours later) "NOW I DON'T HAVE ANY SHERLOCK". Which brings me to my current predicament. (I mean not that I can really watch more than one episode of Sherlock in one sitting anyway but yeah.)

Hopefully it'll get easier to do more things now that my stepsiblings are finally out of the house and I once again have far more access to the TV and Wii... those things were nigh impossible to get to when they were over. The only times when I'd be able to use them were when I would be too afraid to because I wouldn't want to wake anyone up.

I'd probably be watching more Yu-Yu-Hakusho right now if my brother and his friend hadn't taken the TV.

Maybe I should open up that Spectrobe game that I bought for $4 while in college and then didn't have the time to play so I never even opened it... I figured it would make more sense to finish Spore first but I'm not really feeling that one so yeah maybe I'll just skip to a series I already know that I like...

Maybe make a mini-project to work on for fun, but requires tasks that still sort of work like.
So you can focus some time on that and not feel so odd about being in a 6 week break period.

*shakes head* No. That's not a good idea.

I've had a long history of impulse projects that never get finished and they make me feel sad looking back at them. Without some reason to keep going I know that I'll run out of steam on day 2.

I finished Pokemon Omega + Post game...I loved every second and now I'm sad....might nuzlocke pokemon Y without exp-share...hmm...

I finished Pokemon Omega + Post game...I loved every second and now I'm sad....might nuzlocke pokemon Y without exp-share...hmm...
Here's an idea! You write a story around said Nuzlocke for Kaga to read, so that she won't be as bored! :D

Well yeah, as a kid I breathed TV, books and video games. I wasn't a workaholic as a kid. That was just one of the things that came with my minor personality transformation that happened after I was diagnosed with ADD only a few years back.

In most cases, I see that personality transformation as a positive thing. ...However, I still feel weird having a long break.
So in other words you had something happen later that threw extra work on you to the point you feel a bit lost/naked without it?

I've sort of already been doing that. In fact, earlier today, I thought I'd found the most awesome RP to join, and I brainstormed some characters using that tarot card thing that I saw advertised on the lower banner, and then... I noticed that the GM hadn't posted on the thread in several weeks, despite other members still doing stuff, aaand a visit to their profile revealed that the GM seems to have a history of unreliability. And then I didn't wanna waste time writing CS's for an RP that was already withering away thanks to a vanishing GM.

I don't know how I don't have abandonment issues yet. But either way, that killed my RPing buzz for the time being.

And then I was like "I'M IN THE MOOD FOR SHERLOCK", (~2 hours later) "NOW I DON'T HAVE ANY SHERLOCK". Which brings me to my current predicament. (I mean not that I can really watch more than one episode of Sherlock in one sitting anyway but yeah.)

Hopefully it'll get easier to do more things now that my stepsiblings are finally out of the house and I once again have far more access to the TV and Wii... those things were nigh impossible to get to when they were over. The only times when I'd be able to use them were when I would be too afraid to because I wouldn't want to wake anyone up.

I'd probably be watching more Yu-Yu-Hakusho right now if my brother and his friend hadn't taken the TV.

Maybe I should open up that Spectrobe game that I bought for $4 while in college and then didn't have the time to play so I never even opened it... I figured it would make more sense to finish Spore first but I'm not really feeling that one so yeah maybe I'll just skip to a series I already know that I like...
That's one reason I don't RP much anymore, their reliability rate is too small.
Too small to justify investing any large amount of time into.

RP's with friends in it are an exception, cause that more counts as a "Hanging with friends" thing, and if it starts to go bad it's easier/less awkward to go *Poke* Hey what's happening?

Spore... has no 'finish' point.
You get to Space Stage and then it's basically a sandbox, I mean you 'can' try to get to the center of the Galaxy against Grox but that's done of two ways:

1. Just up your ship to max stats and run like hell for the center, not much issue to it.
2. Go Zealot crazy, make everyone else hate you but the Grox love you. So you can fly by them no issue.

Neither of which really give a "I beat the game" feel but rather a "Cool" sort of thing.

As for killing time, I normally unconsciously do it just by spend far too much time on forums, groups etc.
But if you're left just sitting around going 'what now' I'd just watch the next show you want to see.
Making it a new one you've never seen if watching Doctor Who isn't doing anything for you atm.

*shakes head* No. That's not a good idea.

I've had a long history of impulse projects that never get finished and they make me feel sad looking back at them. Without some reason to keep going I know that I'll run out of steam on day 2.
That's normally me with D&D characters, just replace "Sad looking back" with "Annoyed I can't find a concept to like/stick with".