WELCOME BACK, IWAKU! Here's what's new:

Thank You

Reactions: Elle Joyner
Thank you! Everything looks great. (:

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
What is google fonts?
It basically just lets people use a lot more fonts than were previously available on the forum. I believe @Pahnera Bread ™ is planning to work up a Resource listing all the fonts that become available with the Google Fonts thing.

It basically just lets people use a lot more fonts than were previously available on the forum. I believe @Pahnera Bread ™ is planning to work up a Resource listing all the fonts that become available with the Google Fonts thing.
That is correct! It will take a day or two since there are over 800 fonts but it'll get done in 3-4 parts :3

I assumed the term Google Fonts was a brand, like their Google Docs and Google Drive. Is it not a brand?

Ah, I see. Thanks ^_^ I look forward to seeing it when it's up.

I assumed the term Google Fonts was a brand, like their Google Docs and Google Drive. Is it not a brand?

*shrugs* I guess it could be. I was just goofing around anyway.

Google Fonts

Just need to use the font= bbcode

They DO work with div codes as well, but you have to put the div coding separate (before the font code)

Like so
Code:
[div=font-size: 25px; color: #c0cacd; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px black; letter-spacing: 4px;][font=Architects Daughter] Now does it work in Div?[/font][/div]

You could also localise it to a div by using the font-face CSS property.

Alternatively, Google Fonts has every font currently available for use presented in a user-friendly manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that the "like" function no longer appears in PMs ... Was this an intentional modification in the update?

I noticed that the "like" function no longer appears in PMs ... Was this an intentional modification in the update?
No, it was an unfortunately removed feature from the updated version of our forum add-ons. :(

Google... fonts... bless you. Life is kind to me this day.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Astaroth
Don't know what addon was in use, but Conversation Improvements definitely still has it, and it's free: Conversation Improvements by Xon

I really love how excited you are to help and give suggestions! They're often very good ones!

Buuuuut I would appreciate if you could leave things related to forum modifications for me and the admins to take care of. When you post up these suggestions, my first thought is to throw you down a well because it feels like you think I am some kind of idiot that doesn't know how to browse through the Xenforo Resources for good mods. XD It looks like you're trying to show up my admins. I know that's not your intention, (my ass loves showing off cool shit I find O_O), but you're driving ME crazy.

I put a lot of time in deciding what kind of things to install, what works with what, and what coders I trust using the products of, and have been doing this for many many years. If you ever wanna nerd out over this stuff, ping me on discord (I love admin nerding), but you gotta stop giving these suggestions out here in threads where members get their hopes up about stuff I might decide not to do. ;__; It's always a pain in the ass member service wise to explain to people why I decide not to do something, and they shoot back with "Well _____ says it's possible!" and then I look like an asshole. >:/

I really love how excited you are to help and give suggestions! They're often very good ones!

Buuuuut I would appreciate if you could leave things related to forum modifications for me and the admins to take care of. When you post up these suggestions, my first thought is to throw you down a well because it feels like you think I am some kind of idiot that doesn't know how to browse through the Xenforo Resources for good mods. XD It looks like you're trying to show up my admins. I know that's not your intention, (my ass loves showing off cool shit I find O_O), but you're driving ME crazy.

I put a lot of time in deciding what kind of things to install, what works with what, and what coders I trust using the products of, and have been doing this for many many years. If you ever wanna nerd out over this stuff, ping me on discord (I love admin nerding), but you gotta stop giving these suggestions out here in threads where members get their hopes up about stuff I might decide not to do. ;__; It's always a pain in the ass member service wise to explain to people why I decide not to do something, and they shoot back with "Well _____ says it's possible!" and then I look like an asshole. >:/
My apologies! :L

I too have been doing this for a while, it just came across as weird to me that Jorick said it was removed from the addons' features, but I guess I read that sentence wrong. I mean no harm, and I'm happy you understand that. There are some who'd've just banned me on the spot for it. :)

And no, I don't think you're an idiot. It takes a lot of dedication and knowledge to maintain a forum this big. I used to use SMF way back, and compatibility issues were a problem then too.

No hard feelings. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies! :L

I too have been doing this for a while, it just came across as weird to me that Jorick said it was removed from the addons' features, but I guess I read that sentence wrong. I mean no harm, and I'm happy you understand that. There are some who'd've just banned me on the spot for it. :)

And no, aside from the database incidents I don't think you're an idiot. It takes a lot of dedication and knowledge to maintain a forum this big. I used to use SMF way back, and compatibility issues were a problem then too.

No hard feelings. <3

As it turns out, the functionality of Search and Likes in my Conversations Essentials was removed and put in to the are used as Conversation Improvements as a separate addon (addon owner buyout shenanigans). XD And I didn't realize this until last night, so I've been snatching up stuff to run a quick update tonight.

As it turns out, the functionality of Search and Likes in my Conversations Essentials was removed and put in to the are used as Conversation Improvements as a separate addon (addon owner buyout shenanigans). XD And I didn't realize this until last night, so I've been snatching up stuff to run a quick update tonight.
It happens. Stuart and Xon run big boards and are generally trustworthy developers, though. The addons that Stuart maintains were originally commissioned by him anyway.

And hey, with the advent of XF 2.0 some time in the future, addons like [bd] Widget Framework will no longer be necessary. ;)