DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
We all survived the update, and there was minimal breakage! WOOOOOO.

You all might be wondering: What was the point of this? Why did we have to shut down the forum for a little over 24 hours? Well, wonder no more! Here's what the update did for you:

- All of the forum software and modifications (the shiny extra features that Iwaku lays claim to) have been updated. This ensures that nothing breaks, keeps things running smoother and faster, and corrects bugs or minor hiccups in older versions. This alone is reason enough for an update day, and we try to do this a few times a year.

- A bunch of back-end maintenance stuff that takes a long time to run got an opportunity to do its thing without slowing down a live forum (and being interfered with by new posts). These processes are again essential to keeping the site running smoothly and everything displaying properly.

- The forum index itself has gotten a rearrange and face-lift so that navigation is more user-friendly! This might trip people up initially as they get used to things being in different places, but overall it means less steps to get to the right forum, more visibility for stuff that tended to get lost, more sensible clustering of related items, less empty and dead forums, and clearer names so you know what goes where. If you have any trouble finding a thread or forum, message Staff and we'll get you pointed in the right direction.

- Shiny new toys.

Features added in this update include...

MULTIPLE THREAD PREFIXES

Ever wanted to add more than one prefix to your thread? NOW YOU CAN. Expect possible tweaks and new prefixes in the near future thanks to this awesome addon that we totally didn't copy from AMOR.

NEW CHAT FUNCTIONS

In addition to the return of the dice roll function, you can now set a status and like chat messages!

MORE BOOKMARK FUNCTIONALITY

Everyone can now add Character Gallery media and Resources to their Bookmarks!

And finally... the much-awaited, long-requested

GOOGLE FONTS

Google Web Fonts are now available as a Donator perk (and of course to all Staff and Interns)!

Some of you might want to know why this is not a function for everyone. We could and would love to do this. The thing is that Google fonts can SERIOUSLY increase page loading time, so we need to restrict it to people who really, really want it. THAT SAID, we also plan to add a few select Google fonts as local fonts available to everyone in the future. Keep an eye out for a request thread and voting event for your favorite fonts!​

Thanks for riding it out with us, guys! If you have any suggestions or requests for future features, make sure to head over to the Help Desk and make your pitch.

NOW GO ROLEPLAY AND SPAM YOUR INBOXES, I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME. I DON'T THINK YOU UPDATED ANYTHING AT ALL. >:[

THOSE WERE THE WORST 24 HOURS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE.

So happy iwaku got all dolled up tho c:

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: Northern_lightz22
I almost cried... about the Google fonts thing... then I remember I gave y'all cash LOL

So.... I kept typing Iwaku in my address bar and then kept reminding myself it wasn't up.

ANYWAY! I love the new layout and the way things are sectioned :D

Also, I officially declare February 18th "The Day the Iwkau Stood still" pass it on, you heard it here first by SkyrimAddict <3

I almost sacrificed a goat in a satantic ritual in order to speed up the process of Iwaku's updates.

Looks like the goat survives. For now.

Also, I officially declare February 18th "The Day the Iwkau Stood still" pass it on, you heard it here first by SkyrimAddict <3
//sips tea

I can tell you're new around here :D

tumblr_ntj959Vb7x1uxkgyro1_400.gif

Inevitable and Annoying Question Time: the fonts. Is this... donate once and see them forever? Or a continuous donation thing? Cause I'll be honest... I'm poor lol. And I can try to give what I can, but I don't wanna have to feed my children to my husband. But I also really really love Google fonts...

• Useful
Reactions: Mundane Monster
it happens like every three to six months

• Love
Reactions: XIII
That was annoying

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: Ethys and Astaroth
Once upon a time, I was on a site that went down for an update...

For a solid week

And came back absolute poo. Lol. It was traumatic. This wait didn't feel so bad anymore.

Inevitable and Annoying Question Time: the fonts. Is this... donate once and see them forever? Or a continuous donation thing? Cause I'll be honest... I'm poor lol. And I can try to give what I can, but I don't wanna have to feed my children to my husband. But I also really really love Google fonts...
Unfortunately it would be a continuous donation thing, but shouldn't affect existing posts that have already used the fonts. We'll do some testing to make sure when I'm not dead from 24+ hours of update and 4 hours of sleep.

• Love
Reactions: ShadeFira
We'll do some testing to make sure when I'm not dead from 24+ hours of update and 4 hours of sleep.

NO MORE UPDATES. ROLEPLAYING FOREVER.

• Love
Reactions: XIII